Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My co-workers are in a guild that's trying to do their first tier 7 raid, and they might be falling a little short, so I might drop out briefly to help carry them over the line. I'll rejoin right after though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu posted:

My co-workers are in a guild that's trying to do their first tier 7 raid, and they might be falling a little short, so I might drop out briefly to help carry them over the line. I'll rejoin right after though.

Sadly they still had 70% remaining on P4, and I wasn't able to completely beat it. Anyway, I've reapplied to IGD, could an officer please accept me?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Sadly they still had 70% remaining on P4, and I wasn't able to completely beat it. Anyway, I've reapplied to IGD, could an officer please accept me?

Done.

Again, we still have spots available in IGD, all we ask is that you have one 7* guy so you can get some raid rewards at all. If you are close to having 1 7*, feel free to apply, but you won't be able to raid until you get that last star.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
At least they're still giving out omega tokens to us plebs who just made level 80.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Servers are having issues. Maybe another ddos.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Is the game down for "Server Maintenance" for anyone else right now? Frustrating, after work is when I claw my garbage arena team back into the top 100.'

Guess Dave just answered my question...

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
On the upside, Chewie shards!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I can get in now, seems like they fixed it pretty quickly. I wouldn't count on much if any compensation.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

With Luke's +45 tenacity that is actually not that hard to get. But it's poo poo for any other team besides a 88 lead or stun teams. It is "usable" but you would have to build it on a team of fatties or counter attackers to get any real use from it. I ran into a luke lead with b2, ani, fives and I don't remember who but it was a pretty mean rear end team to fight, nothing stuck to any of them even the rancor had less resists.

Come back to the dark side the guild mal, you know we are more fun.

I'm not sure this is true. I think Luke's 45% isn't a +45%, I think it's a times 1.45%, so 50% becomes about 75%, and I'm not sure if it does this before or after mods. Also, I could be completely wrong about this. Supposedly swgoh.gg is rolling out some kind of new ability thing, so I'm going to look into it more later...

e: Also, getting to 100% isn't going to help you much, that means you're resisting 20% instead of 15% of the time against an 80% potency Emperor. You've gotta get it up to 120 or higher before it's going to start making a big difference, and that actually is hard, on top of needing to get multiple sets of tenacity mods. I just think you're better off farming speed, potency, and crit damage mods.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 14, 2016

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Servers down again?

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Nice timing on that maintenance...

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Wirth1000 posted:

Trying to build a Rebel squad.

Right now I'm working towards:

Tank - STH
Leader - Ackbar
DPS - Lando
DPS - Luke
DPS - Biggs

I need a healer and I don't think a Rebel healer exists so I'm confused as to how to make this work.

I believe Lobot is the rebel healer

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Welp, had "upgrade a mod" left on my daily stuff to get an omega. Servers down and my shard resets in 50min :suicide:.

EA_Jesse posted:

.Current Server Status: DOWN

There seems to be an issue with the system that deploys our matinence messaging. Our server engineers are working to resolve this. We appreciate your patience while this is being handled.
Server status updates will always be posted in this thread.
Post edited by CG_Kozispoon at 11:00PM
That's so CG :v:

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 15, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I'm not sure this is true. I think Luke's 45% isn't a +45%, I think it's a times 1.45%, so 50% becomes about 75%, and I'm not sure if it does this before or after mods. Also, I could be completely wrong about this. Supposedly swgoh.gg is rolling out some kind of new ability thing, so I'm going to look into it more later...

The ability thing isn't what I thought it was, so I asked TI. The current thinking is that it's additive. Things get weird beyond that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hello all. I have not been around much lately but I'm happy to say I've freshly purged some inactive people from QGJ. We have 10 slots open.

I've also promoted a few people. Please feel free to let me know if you feel you should be an officer as there really wasn't any method used to select the current group.

Finally, do we want to change our guild message? The old schedule is kind of obsolete now that you can see the next guild event in the client.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

quote:

Galactic War credits: Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, Teebo, Poggle, IG-86, Biggs

This confuses me from the OP with people being mentioned twice.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The game gave me a link for a survey. I started filling it out and as soon as I typed up my reasoning for Galactic War being the worst part of the game it crashed out and wouldn't let me back in.

:argh: Jesse

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

:getin:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Looks rad. I should try to get Ima-Goon Di...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Jibo what are y'all raiding? I'm lvl 71 and only have a handful of 5* peoples, not sure if that's too low or not.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Field Mousepad posted:

Jibo what are y'all raiding? I'm lvl 71 and only have a handful of 5* peoples, not sure if that's too low or not.

Currently doing T6, hoping we can get back into T7 soon but who knows with the new raid coming. Only like 50-75% of the guild ever participates in any given raid anyway so as long as you have at least one 7 star person to get raid rewards you should do well.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's all good man. I'll let you know when I get a 7* or two.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

This confuses me from the OP with people being mentioned twice.

Fixed

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

The ability thing isn't what I thought it was, so I asked TI. The current thinking is that it's additive. Things get weird beyond that.

Yeah it's really funky how it seems to work. I mean I wouldn't bother to build a team around him but his leader is very very oddly powerful, from testing it you resist way more than it should account for. Still not a thing worth building around. Certainly odd though as it would imply that each stat modifier is coded separately but that would explain a great deal of the inconsistencies in how mods and leader modifiers work.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Im not saying build around him, but grinding him up to face off against Palp teams might not be terrible? I just hate Palp a lot and they are always faster than me because f2p.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

Im not saying build around him, but grinding him up to face off against Palp teams might not be terrible? I just hate Palp a lot and they are always faster than me because f2p.

You can but you still need a "normal" PvP team to leave for defence. Unless you build around the idea of not having a leader ability since that is effectively what his lead is against pretty much any other teams. Maybe a stun team since they mostly don't rely on the leader ability to function. I have him at 6* and max leveled and the biggest issue is you get wrecked on defense since the ai has less tools to cheatwork with.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

I know this isn't a popular opinion, and it's def weaker on defense, but Yoda is a good counter for Palp. He has a higher base speed, so it's easier to get him to go first, and completely blocking Palp's initial stun really helps.

Long term get Biggs + Wedge.

Also, if you can't currently finish the credit heist at the top tier, that should be your primary focus. You need those credits because (again my opinion) the best place to get mods is in shipments.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

I know this isn't a popular opinion, and it's def weaker on defense, but Yoda is a good counter for Palp. He has a higher base speed, so it's easier to get him to go first, and completely blocking Palp's initial stun really helps.

Long term get Biggs + Wedge.

Also, if you can't currently finish the credit heist at the top tier, that should be your primary focus. You need those credits because (again my opinion) the best place to get mods is in shipments.

That's why all the cool kids run b2 / palp.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

That's why all the cool kids run b2 / palp.

Someone needs to start the raid. I can't because you keep ignoring me when I ask to be promoted back to officer. :mad:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
The vacuum Mal left has created a vicious power struggle. :smith:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

The vacuum Mal left has created a vicious power struggle. :smith:

And a quieter guild chat.

Also tek you are amazing no matter what dumb gear I ask for you always seem to have one to donate, my 86's g9 and b2's g8 thank you.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

xyigx posted:

And a quieter guild chat.

Also tek you are amazing no matter what dumb gear I ask for you always seem to have one to donate, my 86's g9 and b2's g8 thank you.

Igd gear donations do seem to have stalled somewhat, but I think I its because everyone is trying to gear wedge. So many requests for stun cuffs and syringes, so many!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rocket_Magnet posted:

Igd gear donations do seem to have stalled somewhat, but I think I its because everyone is trying to gear wedge. So many requests for stun cuffs and syringes, so many!

Actually I am stockpiling them for TIE pilot :)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Someone needs to start the raid. I can't because you keep ignoring me when I ask to be promoted back to officer. :mad:

Errr. I promoted you two days ago I thought? Or was that someone else? No that was someone with sa in name.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

Yeah normally I give everything away but I am working on what feels like every raid/rare item at once right now. I still get a fair number donated but yeah it's such a pain with the gear gates.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

Errr. I promoted you two days ago I thought? Or was that someone else? No that was someone with sa in name.

no worries, thanks :)

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

I've been farming mods for a week now and I still haven't found a speed arrow or crit damage mod. As a matter of fact, I haven't found ANY slot 4 mods in I think 3 days now. At this point I'd even take non-crit damage whites for slot 4 because I have characters with nothing there. God this is frustrating.

Status update: (20 days later @ 2 refreshes per day)

Speed arrows: 0
Triangles: 1 3pip hp and 1 4pip defense

Conclusion: gently caress this game. I am done with wasting my time trying to farm for mods. I'm going back to cantina character grinding.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

Status update: (20 days later @ 2 refreshes per day)

Speed arrows: 0
Triangles: 1 3pip hp and 1 4pip defense

Conclusion: gently caress this game. I am done with wasting my time trying to farm for mods. I'm going back to cantina character grinding.

As I've said upthread, I think the best strategy for mods is to check shipments. At 2-3 million credits for a good 5 dot mod, you can afford a couple per week if you can do the credit heist.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

As I've said upthread, I think the best strategy for mods is to check shipments. At 2-3 million credits for a good 5 dot mod, you can afford a couple per week if you can do the credit heist.

All my triangles came from the shop except the 1 * ones I got opening all the missions. Game hates triangles because it even skimped me on the "first time" one for health. Even buying them from the shop I never have any spare ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

I've honestly never seen a speed mod in the shop sell for credits. They always run like 2000+ crystals.