Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

fizzymercy posted:

Houston is where it's at Teagan! Ignore the humidity, Trump supporters, the traffic, and the horrible city layout and you've found yourself a home. The people are super nice if they're not bigots, except not one single person understands hockey. Paradise!

I went to a concert and I'm stoked about it, even if I'm glow in the dark.

My hair didn't make it out alive, sadly.

Your bumblebee tat is so cute :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Des Moines isn't awful. The great plains states get better the further north you go, imo.

Of course I'm currently living in Baltimore and think it's a great place so ymmv.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Teagan posted:

Rough evening at the hospital. Does anyone live anyplace interesting? I think that I need to change my life in a big way. I thought I was pretty damned happy in my return to my little town life. But I really need to move. And move far. Any suggestions? I have very few qualifications to do anything, but I don't aim high.

I am completely serious. I would like to get rid of that face.

I'd suggest New Jersey, but there is no possible way I could make this dump sound interesting. I hope you're feeling better today!

Here's how I spend my Friday's. Working hard from home! (Hardly working, am I right? :v:)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Atarian posted:

I'd suggest New Jersey, but there is no possible way I could make this dump sound interesting. I hope you're feeling better today!

Here's how I spend my Friday's. Working hard from home! (Hardly working, am I right? :v:)

not only do i also live in new jersey, i am fairly certain i own that lamp

pictured: the concerned expression of someone trying to ZOOM. ENHANCE. with their own eyes

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I like Des Moines? It's a fun little city to spend a few days in, maybe visit a bunch of bars and go see an Iowa Wild game for like $6 rinkside. I wandered through the botanical gardens and would recommend it. Maybe get high first, but they're pretty. I also don't mind Jastiger so maybe I'm odd, but goodness gracious guys at least it's not Omaha.

BTW, Atarian you always look perfect and it's lovely. Teagan you know I think you're amazing, but I'll repeat myself. Also A 50s Raygun is perfectly beard-scruffy in my opinion. Just throwing that out there.

Edit: My bee tattoo is a Sanrio character, Sweet Coron. Not super original, but I got it done in a kitchen by a guy who normally ran the kids rollercoaster at a carnival I went to in San Antonio. Sometimes you gamble and win.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Oct 14, 2016

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

If New Jersey has you, then I think I could deal with a dump. I think I will go on a Goon Location Suggested Tour this coming year. Maybe find someplace great to live. So far, things seem awesome. WA screams amazing to me. Weather, too.

Feelin' the love. Come visit here, it's great. Just not for me anymore.

Can you pop a collar on a corduroy jacket? Dunno, gonna rock it. I have walked around town in much more embarrassing attire.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

not only do i also live in new jersey, i am fairly certain i own that lamp
New Jersey lamp crew represent! :hfive:

fizzymercy posted:

BTW, Atarian you always look perfect and it's lovely.
Right back at ya! Awesome tats, btw. I've wanted to get a horror sleeve for the past 11 or so years. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. So I remain tatless 😞

Teagan posted:

If New Jersey has you, then I think I could deal with a dump.
I can point out the New York skyline from here. I hate going to the city, but I can show you the sights from the safety of my comfort zone.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercy posted:

I like Des Moines? It's a fun little city to spend a few days in, maybe visit a bunch of bars and go see an Iowa Wild game for like $6 rinkside. I wandered through the botanical gardens and would recommend it. Maybe get high first, but they're pretty. I also don't mind Jastiger so maybe I'm odd, but goodness gracious guys at least it's not Omaha.

BTW, Atarian you always look perfect and it's lovely. Teagan you know I think you're amazing, but I'll repeat myself. Also A 50s Raygun is perfectly beard-scruffy in my opinion. Just throwing that out there.

Edit: My bee tattoo is a Sanrio character, Sweet Coron. Not super original, but I got it done in a kitchen by a guy who normally ran the kids rollercoaster at a carnival I went to in San Antonio. Sometimes you gamble and win.

Much love for this poster.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Teagan posted:

If New Jersey has you, then I think I could deal with a dump. I think I will go on a Goon Location Suggested Tour this coming year. Maybe find someplace great to live. So far, things seem awesome. WA screams amazing to me. Weather, too.

Feelin' the love. Come visit here, it's great. Just not for me anymore.

Can you pop a collar on a corduroy jacket? Dunno, gonna rock it. I have walked around town in much more embarrassing attire.

You two need to meet up and makeout already!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Atarian posted:

New Jersey lamp crew represent! :hfive:

Right back at ya! Awesome tats, btw. I've wanted to get a horror sleeve for the past 11 or so years. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. So I remain tatless 😞

I can point out the New York skyline from here. I hate going to the city, but I can show you the sights from the safety of my comfort zone.

I'm going to NYC tomorrow to catch a broadway show with the wifey. Being close to art and culture is pretty cool.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

In honor of Luke Cage being on Netflix and being awesome, me and a friend dressed as the Heroes for Hire:

And here is me with my new goat son:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Atarian posted:

Right back at ya! Awesome tats, btw. I've wanted to get a horror sleeve for the past 11 or so years. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. So I remain tatless

I say be original and stay ink free. Someday you'll have to explain why you have a tattoo of whatever it is to some 4 year old on line at the market and that gets old. And if you do get one, god's sake don't get one in the garage of a dude named "Shifty Rickity". That's how you get my butterfly tattoo.

Jastiger posted:

Much love for this poster.

Hey much love for you Jastiger, you're groovy.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

And here is me with my new goat son:

Cute kid :d:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

fizzymercy posted:

I say be original and stay ink free. Someday you'll have to explain why you have a tattoo of whatever it is to some 4 year old on line at the market and that gets old.

My niece tried to wash off my leg tattoos in her wading pool this summer with a car washing sponge. Auntie Eddy(woah mispelled my own name) , why did you draw on yourself?! You aren't supposed to do that!!!

Teagan has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Oct 14, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
HA! My niece did the same thing on my arms, followed by a very admonishing look and a "Well now this won't come off! What will your mother say?"

She cussed a lot kid, that's what she said.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

fizzymercy posted:

I say be original and stay ink free. Someday you'll have to explain why you have a tattoo of whatever it is to some 4 year old on line at the market and that gets old. And if you do get one, god's sake don't get one in the garage of a dude named "Shifty Rickity". That's how you get my butterfly tattoo.

My guy is named Stinky Pete, and he is too claustrophobic for a garage. So I should be fine?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Hell yeah, a guy named Stinky ___ is good to sling ink. Any man that prides himself on his stink-factor is a true professional. Just make sure you get his prison ink credentials and say no to the nipple rings before you get down to perforating dermis and you're golden.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I got one of my tats in Iraq. Hardcore points to Jastiger

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

please don't get tattoos done in a kitchen, or garage

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

The Schwa posted:

please don't get tattoos done in a kitchen, or garage

The back of his 68 gto is obviously the best place to get tattooed.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Oops I meant to post "do whatever you want with your body but don't expect me not to judge you"

vv :same:

I've had a bunch of friends/acquaintances get mediocre to bad tattoos recently and I always feel slightly guilty for it

The Schwa has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Oct 14, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i got my tattoos in a heavily sanitizied and licensed studio by a practiced artist #metal

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Pft, buncha sissies afraid of getting some sort of horrid blood-borne illnesses in this thread. If you ain't willing to sit in a wobbly chair in a dim kitchen while a guy you met at a flea market tattoos a giant rainbow on your back between shots of Jack, you shouldn't be willing to get a tattoo. That's how Granpappy did it, and that's how I do it :colbert:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercy posted:

Pft, buncha sissies afraid of getting some sort of horrid blood-borne illnesses in this thread. If you ain't willing to sit in a wobbly chair in a dim kitchen while a guy you met at a flea market tattoos a giant rainbow on your back between shots of Jack, you shouldn't be willing to get a tattoo. That's how Granpappy did it, and that's how I do it :colbert:

:911: My new favorite poster

Mostly for saying nice things about Des Moines, but they are cool too im' sure personality wise or whatever. :D

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
As a teenager/early 20s I went to 5 tattoo shops with the intent on getting a tattoo and always walked out ink free. I just always asked myself would I want this on me in 20 years and couldn't find a definite yes answer. Being 35 now I am glad I didn't get one.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

JEEVES420 posted:

As a teenager/early 20s I went to 5 tattoo shops with the intent on getting a tattoo and always walked out ink free. I just always asked myself would I want this on me in 20 years and couldn't find a definite yes answer. Being 35 now I am glad I didn't get one.

Because it's a part of who you are and it reminds you of a time in your life and a mindset/personality that might otherwise have faded from memory?

I don't know, I don't have any tattoos but I don't think it's healthy to fixate so much on regrets, as though "perfection" were the bar by which we must measure ourselves and any deviation is a crime from the ideal

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I don't have tattoos and my wife does. I'm ok with both of these things

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
I'm 32 now, and I still want a full sleeve of Freddy Krueger and Frankenstein and various zombies done in the style of a Basil Gogos painting.

It will show people that I'm a bit of a bad boy. Then I can stop announcing it when I enter a room. :c00lbert:

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I just do my research and go to good, experienced artists, which means I have more chance of getting a technically well done tattoo. Not getting Hep C is just a handy bonus. Only one of my tattoos means anything, but from an aesthetic perspective I'm happy to wear em all.

I see a lot of people with poo poo tattoos and I don't want to be one of them :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've started seriously considering a tattoo reproduction of some runes my fiancee drew on my arm once. They were a variety of meaningful ones, but I thought they looked really nice and would be a neat and interesting set.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I've started seriously considering a tattoo reproduction of some runes my fiancee drew on my arm once. They were a variety of meaningful ones, but I thought they looked really nice and would be a neat and interesting set.

Be careful with runes, some are associated with white power/Aryan stuff

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mocking Bird posted:

The only rune I know is the elvish Tolkien one for "G"

As in Gandalf, the White

From a book that's often criticized as racist

So this checks out (it's also one of my initials and I really liked LotR when I was a kiddo) :ohdear:

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

just make sure the runes spell out "I have a black friend"

there is a tattoo thread in YLLS just incidentally

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mocking Bird posted:

They're things like "Balance" or the life and death runes side by side. You wouldn't really recognize them as such unless you were involved in something related to that script.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

chitoryu12 posted:

They're things like "Balance" or the life and death runes side by side. You wouldn't really recognize them as such unless you were involved in something related to that script.

Look just be careful ok?! Please, for me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The tattoo I got in Iraq is actually not that great as far as technical skill goes. Its a bit jaggy and I honestly am not 100% thrilled with the way it looks.

But it was done by a marine who was later seriously injured in the conflict so the timing, the subject matter, and the location all have a lot of importance so I'll take my lovely tattoo to the grave.

Thats my tattoo story thanks for reading:)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That's actually really cool and awesome. A good tattoo story.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fizzymercy posted:

Yeah. It's easy to make fun of bad ink but the story and sentiment are really more important.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
My latest tattoo is a mermaid whose top half is a fish. She is v sexy. That is my tattoo story.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercy posted:

Thanks!!!! I just scrolled up and saw you had posted your pic up above! Nice one if i do say so myself (and I do). Bonus Des Moines and Tattoo props.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Animale posted:

My latest tattoo is a mermaid whose top half is a fish. She is v sexy. That is my tattoo story.

so... a fish?? :v: