Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Puppy Time posted:

Got this gem from my uncle:

I wouldn't have expected this of him, but apparently he's decided to double down on Trump. He's kind of a dumb redneck, but not normally a complete rear end in a top hat. :smith:

That's incredibly dumb. Even back then, presumably when America was 'great', Patton was severely disciplined at every turn and caused several public scandals which nearly led to his forced retirement. The only reason he was tolerated: he was an excellent tank general and there was a really loving desperate need for those at the time.

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At least he died a hero's death

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Data Graham posted:

At least he died a hero's death

lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If Trump was as good at killing Krauts as Patton was, we'd elect him no problems.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If Trump was good at literally anything other than letting out gas he'd be Reagan's second coming and walk into office on the literal backs of his supporters. Literally. In a literal sense.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

His apperance and demeanor was that of a teddy bear/neutered pedophile and he was almost idiotically chipper given the pettiness of the candidates having a debate.

And also because his name sounds like "can bone"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's incredibly dumb. Even back then, presumably when America was 'great', Patton was severely disciplined at every turn and caused several public scandals which nearly led to his forced retirement. The only reason he was tolerated: he was an excellent tank general and there was a really loving desperate need for those at the time.

Meanwhile General Douglas MacArthur WAS fired for his mouth by Harry Truman. That's an oversimplification though.

quote:

I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a bitch, although he was, but that's not against the law for generals. If it was, half to three-quarters of them would be in jail.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I hope audio surfaces one day of Obama calling somebody a dumb son of a bitch.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Byzantine posted:

I hope audio surfaces one day of Obama calling somebody a dumb son of a bitch.

Eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=078BGtKNL1o

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
imo son of a bitch is one of the greatest insults to yell out ever

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love the idea of military generals and the President just poo poo talking each other constantly.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ularg posted:

I love the idea of military generals and the President just poo poo talking each other constantly.

Read some WW2 and Korea stuff about McArthur then. That guy took poo poo-talking to a suave new level. In the end, he wasn't simply insulting the president and his decisions at every turn, no: MacDaddy had dreams of being emperor himself.
But then he hosed up a key battle in Korea and his power declined. He worked his magic with the press behind the scenes and had himself portrayed as the True Patriot Victim of an over-reaching government that didn't know what it was doing. It was an ugly scene and he managed to get off with little public respect lost for some reason.

For more direct poo poo-talking and pot-stirring, my first pick would be AF General LeMay and his relationship with Kennedy. Some of the conversations during the Cuban Missile crisis are just...:catstare:

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 15:43 on Oct 14, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

I just had a long chat with a friend who hasn't had sex in 2 years because his wife of 4 years just "isn't into it anymore" and says she'd leave him if he ever cheated.

Am I being harsh? I gave him some unsolicited advice and may have ended a marriage.

http://imgur.com/gallery/EMV5R0a

Peep the comments.

I like how somehow the woman is the villain for leaving if he ever cheated on her.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

I agree with the puffin

I mean it's still bad of them to sleep around on you, but it shouldn't be surprising

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

You should probsbly just divorce in that situation.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kangarookie posted:

You should probsbly just divorce in that situation.

Or seek counseling. Communication is important.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

RareAcumen posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/EMV5R0a

Peep the comments.

I like how somehow the woman is the villain for leaving if he ever cheated on her.
She is a villain if she refuses to have sex and doesn't allow him to have any sexual outlet. This doesn't make cheating OK though. Just divorce her.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

porkswordonboard posted:

My gf (am lesbian) liked to be all gracious and gentlemanly when we met,

Mods please change my name to A Gentlemanly Lesbian thanks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Stoatbringer posted:

*tips flannel fedora*

"M'lesbo"

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Maybe they care so little? Because you're beating them? With fists and batons?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So Ken Bone is the new Lord and Savior for Imgur. Just saw a bunch of pictures/memes about him. Posted Ken Bone's reddit post history and got:

quote:

Seriously, don't even read that garbage. Go read his actual Reddit comment history. Not just the cherry picked poo poo that makes it look bad

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

i can be yuor angel...or yor devel

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ularg posted:

So Ken Bone is the new Lord and Savior for Imgur. Just saw a bunch of pictures/memes about him. Posted Ken Bone's reddit post history and got:

Maybe my time here and watching feminist critics on youtube has warped my sense of terrible, because his reddit history seems less "disturbing" and more "really a lot nicer than what I'd expect from a guy on reddit." At worst, he's just uncritical and mildly gross. And "beautiful human submarines" is just hilariously weird.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ularg posted:

"I saw her butt hole. I liked it."
________________\

Apparently Bone's sweater sold out on Amazon within hours of his TV appearance. Ken Bone (including "sexy" varieties) costumes have already appeared online and in stores for Halloween and were also sold out in like a day.

Edit:

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Oct 14, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I hate the internet.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Stoatbringer posted:

Oh god yes

Also if any of you guys have dogs or cats and want to watch them tear Trump's wig off, these toys are pretty funny: https://www.amazon.com/Fuzzu-Donald-Trump-Presidential-Parody/dp/B01ICEDPMU

There's Hillary and Bernie ones too, but the faux hair on the Trump one seals it for me.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

RNG posted:

Maybe they care so little? Because you're beating them? With fists and batons?

Wasn't this picture originally meant as an anti-police image? I'm sure the point of it was saying how terrible and dangerous the militarization of the police is.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure the police picture is the take down of an unarmed black man.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Spalec posted:

Wasn't this picture originally meant as an anti-police image? I'm sure the point of it was saying how terrible and dangerous the militarization of the police is.

if it was meant to be pro-police I feel like having a pic of police brutality in the background was a bad choice

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hah, as if the people making that macro didn't see that image as brave heroes taking down a dangerous feral nigg... urban youth/thug/dindu nuffin/any other terrible word they have for black people.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
ONE SECRET TO REPRODUCTION: ANTI-NATALISTS HATE HIM!!!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Where did that phrase come from anyway? I usually see it posted by fat housewives in between rants about how being a mother is the hardest job on the planet. If someone can't handle you at your worst, you're probably a mental case and need help. And how does living through someone's abuse make them deserve the other person more? Doesn't that make them deserve a person that isn't a psychotic? Maybe I do it wrong, but that's hosed.

Also LOL at anyone in public ever seeing Hillary at her worst, and I include when she nearly died coughing.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fizzymercy posted:

Where did that phrase come from anyway? I usually see it posted by fat housewives in between rants about how being a mother is the hardest job on the planet. If someone can't handle you at your worst, you're probably a mental case and need help. And how does living through someone's abuse make them deserve the other person more? Doesn't that make them deserve a person that isn't a psychotic? Maybe I do it wrong, but that's hosed.

Also LOL at anyone in public ever seeing Hillary at her worst, and I include when she nearly died coughing.

It is a Marilyn Monroe quote. That is why every fat and psychotic chick quote her because MM was the living embodiment of female privilege that they aspire too.

*gets black out drunk*

I'm a ffffffuckin princessss you rear end in a top hat

*throws empty glass*

you don't even deserve me you fuckin human being

*hold her hair as she pukes into toilet*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

DeusExMachinima posted:

This is the complete opposite of reality.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Snatch Duster posted:

It is a Marilyn Monroe quote. That is why every fat and psychotic chick quote her because MM was the living embodiment of female privilege that they aspire too.

*gets black out drunk*

I'm a ffffffuckin princessss you rear end in a top hat

*throws empty glass*

you don't even deserve me you fuckin human being

*hold her hair as she pukes into toilet*

Probably goes without saying that's apocryphal: http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a15424/marilyn-monroe-misquotations/

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

...except she never actually said it, it's a notoriously misquoted saying and no one seems to know who originally came up with it.

Eta darn beaten etc

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

This is the complete opposite of reality.

I doubt the person that wrote the article even knows what a period is (other than something gross, and that stand-up comedians say makes women hysterical)

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Actually she did say it in an interview with vogue magazine. idk wtf is wrong with that dumb blogger but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DeusExMachinima posted:

I got to think that this is a parody/satire because I can't comprehend it being sincere.