Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Anyway, this game has far too many pokemon I want to use, and it's making choosing my final party very difficult. :(

the whole concept is dumb and pointless, why limit yourself to a mere six when you can use dozens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I usually make 5 different gimmick theme teams and then realize which pokedudes are useful and make a good team from there

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Right now I'm at:

Drampa
Dancing Bird
Mimikyu
Salandit
Alola Muk

Who will be the last one to make the cut?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Muk has pretty solid stats but has always suffered from being mono-Poison, so this Dark-type addition (not to mention sweet STAB Crunch) makes him that much more usable. You think they'll swap his Def and Sp.Def to fit with the crystal theme?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tsareena's crown is actually a giant boil.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Muk is indeed incredibly pretty.

Anyway, this game has far too many pokemon I want to use, and it's making choosing my final party very difficult. :(

The EXP share is in. Take advantage of it and do lots of rotating out.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I wish there were some sort of mode with increasing difficulty you could play through repeatedly with a new team... sort of like battle maison but with exp or other rewards

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

less laughter posted:

the whole concept is dumb and pointless, why limit yourself to a mere six when you can use dozens

Thanks to the new exp share I will use way more pokemon than 1 team, but y'know at the end of the game only 6 pokemon are allowed at the Elite 4. Except Alola doesn't have that so maybe i'm worrying about nothing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hope they reveal Alola Dewgong and Golduck next.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm ready to become friends with the mangoqueen

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Kurtofan posted:

what's a lola?

I dunno, what's a lola with you?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my alolan team:
wrestle tiger
punch dragon
ghost friend
psychic raichu
dancing bird maybe??
gosh who knows

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's a lot of Fighting Types.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Flamenco bird is maybe one of my favorite things to come out of this gen so far. It's so classy.

All of the Oricorios are great, but Baile is by far the most stylish.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like the Pom Pom bird the most of the four.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

i hate when that happens.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Senerio posted:

Cheerbird is a close second if only for sheer enthusiasm. It's got the best cry of the bunch for sure, it's cheering from the moment it gets out of the ball!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

less laughter posted:

what if they just let will smith be a man in black and he didn't have to do the funny test scene

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Oh-my-god, Becky.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can I fit "Yas, Slay Them Queen" as a Pokemon nickname? This will affect my usage of Tsareena.

Except I'll already be using Datrix!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

jarbv posted:

I wish there were some sort of mode with increasing difficulty you could play through repeatedly with a new team... sort of like battle maison but with exp or other rewards

that was the black tower. really good feature

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Senerio posted:

I like ghost-bird.

its cool.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Ribombee looks like a shout-out to the Tegamibachi anime series. Maybe. All I know is that bees + scarves = postal dudes with guns that fight monsters.

Also, I'm going to name my Jangmo-o Pangolin, because his design reminds me of one.

jwang fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 14, 2016

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Type: Null and it's evolution Silvally are amazing and I can't wait to use them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

now heres a looker

Grimer always looks so happy just to be here

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jwang posted:

I'm going to name my Jangmo-o Pangolin, because his design reminds me of one.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

jwang posted:

Also, I'm going to name my Jangmo-o Pangolin, because his design reminds me of one.

I'm going to call mine Steve.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Team Skull is the best Team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Starhawk64 posted:

Type: Null and it's evolution Silvally are amazing and I can't wait to use them.

:same:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tsareena is my girl. All hail the fruit queen.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Super No Vacancy posted:

now heres a looker

I'm kind of disappointed that Alolan Muk isn't part Rock to match. It'd be a unique typing to have, even if much worse than Poison/Dark. Aw, well. Here's hoping it gets a swap to special attacker so it can use its moveset again.

Tsareena is the real star of the show today, anyway.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am going to nickname my Tsareena "Alena".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tsareena would be even better if she had a neck, but she's still one of my favorites so far this gen

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Geostomp posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that Alolan Muk isn't part Rock to match. It'd be a unique typing to have, even if much worse than Poison/Dark. Aw, well. Here's hoping it gets a swap to special attacker so it can use its moveset again.

Tsareena is the real star of the show today, anyway.

Well it's using Gunk Shot against Clefable in the Japanese trailer, and nearly one shot it. Make of that what you will.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 14, 2016

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Why do the flower-types always gotta be 100% ♀? Men can be florists too, sexist Nintendo.

e: my tsareena's Xena.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I am going to nickname my Tsareena "Alena".

Welp. Now I have to.

I hope its shiny is red or yellow with a blue "crown."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The toucan in the shirt!

why the gently caress do people keep looking at my chatot shirt and talking about a toucan, is there some dumb anime about pretend animals from kanto i'm not watching or something

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Aerdan posted:

Why do the flower-types always gotta be 100% ♀? Men can be florists too, sexist Nintendo.

Ivysaur and Venusaur are half-flower by mass and 75% male. So is Meganium, but that line is more distinctly feminine in design and likely only skewed male to make breeding harder like all other starters.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Alolan Muck was shown to nearly one shot a Clefable in the Japanese trailer with Gunk Shot.

Stat changes for Alolan forms are definitely happening.

Uh, can't normal Muk easily one-shot Clefable with Gunk Shot?

Like, even careful Muk with 0 EVs in attack is a guaranteed KO on Bold Clefable with 252/252 HP/Def.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aerdan posted:

We don't know for sure if Tsareenas are always female. Lots of feminine looking Pokémon can be male (Gothelle), and lots of masculine looking Pokémon can be female (Machamp).