Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

powerful sex moves posted:

Since I'm a lady is it okay if I still talk about Jay and how I want to marry him? Note that I've never talked about his cum.

Also:
I'm assuming most people have annotations off, but on that last HitB it said in the beginning something like "we're hacks! We forgot to account for theaters' take of the box office."

Marry him? What are you some sort of human being

I want to guzzle his cock in my throat like a pelican swallowing a catfish

I want him to dive into me, his tiny loins hitting my softest, wettest places so hard i get bruises while i suckle on his crooked hosed up teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I'm sure his loins are average sized.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

MrSlam posted:

Hopefully one of the RLM scholars will play Cyrano to your Christian so you can woo his Milwaukee heart

Not necessary since I'm one of the biggest RLM scholars here. Oh, and also, I'm already married.

I'm now depressed.

Zzulu posted:

Marry him? What are you some sort of human being

I want to guzzle his cock in my throat like a pelican swallowing a catfish

I want him to dive into me, his tiny loins hitting my softest, wettest places so hard i get bruises while i suckle on his crooked hosed up teeth

fuckin lol

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
wait your ho rear end ho with a name change right? I have avs off.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I thought Josh added a lot to the latest episode

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's he tryna pull off with that hair of his

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's the completely given up balding neckbeard look

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

powerful sex moves posted:

Also:
I'm assuming most people have annotations off, but on that last HitB it said in the beginning something like "we're hacks! We forgot to account for theaters' take of the box office."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

At least they delivered a boring piece of poo poo episode with charts and numbers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Look I use RLM as surrogate friendship and sometimes your friends come over and wanna talk about some really dumb poo poo that they just barely learned about on the internet and the polite thing to do is to just let them get it out of their system and get back to what made you friends in the first place.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

reignofevil posted:

Look I use RLM as surrogate friendship and sometimes your friends come over and wanna talk about some really dumb poo poo that they just barely learned about on the internet and the polite thing to do is to just let them get it out of their system and get back to what made you friends in the first place.

this guy gets it

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

wait your ho rear end ho with a name change right? I have avs off.

Yeah, GBS name change thread.

reignofevil posted:

It's this. And it's fine.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

reignofevil posted:

I remember when RLM came over to my house, helped himself to my Mt Dew, and ate my cupcakes. He wanted to start talking about his taste in video games and about something called Gamestation but I stopped him there. I was having none of it.

Nine months later baby Pre-Rec was born. We all knew it was RLM's malnourished teratoma twin that we were treating like a baby but we didn't want to give the little guy a complex now that it was walking and breathing on its own.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Checked the patreon, these guys are getting $170,000 per year now :staredog:

Let's not forget the Space Cop revenue.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Andro Dunos posted:

Let's not forget the Space Cop revenue.

Have you crunched the numbers

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Checked the patreon, these guys are getting $170,000 per year now :staredog:

actually Patreon takes 5% so it is more around 160k.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Double Bill posted:

Have you crunched the numbers

According to The Movie Database Space Cop had a budget of $80,000.

Assuming they spent $40,000 on marketing...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

MrSlam posted:

According to The Movie Database Space Cop had a budget of $80,000.

Assuming they spent $40,000 on marketing...

The other $40,000 was Patton Oswalt's meal budget.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is space cop actually funny/worth seeing?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

not really. Its okay if you're bored.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Baronjutter posted:

I liked it very much. I was smirking through most of it and burst out laughing at least twice. In general, thumbs up, watch it. It's a good time.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I, too, enjoyed Space Cop

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

These idiots all remind me of some of my friends growing up and we made movies exactly like that. Even a scify adventure called "Inspector Le Space" so I'll give it a shot.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

No Space Cop is absolute garbage from literal hack frauds ffs

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I like it but it sounds like you haven't even watched that many BotW's or anything since you act like you know nothing about any of these people (unless you're just joking in which case I don't get it) so you have a ton of other poo poo of theirs to watch before I would worry about watching their movies.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

MrSlam posted:

I'm trying to find a screencap of a list of all the terrible pitches executives tried to sell to a screenwriter before. A lot of them were abstract one sentence ideas either they, or their spouses, or this one guy one of their friends' knew came up with (when they were high). It really shows how movies like The Emoji Movie and Tetris: The Movie got greenlit.

Oh hey, I found it

http://www.nichollsvickers.com/valuable_lessons.pdf

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 15, 2016

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

burn Hollywood to the ground

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The concept of snot and the concept of cereal flakes are both totally doable shows but the show popularizing soccer among americans is loving impossible.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The meatballs from the sky was a movie though, and it makes me think the cgi rat with nothing else to go on, make a movie now go go go, made some writers break down and tear each other apart and come out a weekend later with ratatouille.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle posted:

The meatballs from the sky was a movie though, and it makes me think the cgi rat with nothing else to go on, make a movie now go go go, made some writers break down and tear each other apart and come out a weekend later with ratatouille.

Hey, ratatouille was a very good movie. Pixar makes good moves in general.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

I liked it very much. I was smirking through most of it and burst out laughing at least twice. In general, thumbs up, watch it. It's a good time.

The outtakes with Mike and Rich breaking character are also worth watching.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Baronjutter posted:

It's funny, but it's not really worth seeing. It's a bad movie with some great jokes in it. Feeding Frenzy was much more of a 'real' movie, probably in no small part because the leads weren't Rich Evans and Mike doing a dumb voice and improving.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
You Will Not Believe The Games Jack Plays!

Posters Hate Him. Click The Link To Find Why!

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
Did anyone else notice that Mike never actually rebuked the premise that "Ring Composition => Great film making/Movies"? Seems like he missed a good chance to point out that just because a movie is a mobius strip of self references and repeating themes doesn't make it a masterpiece. I don't really see how it matters if Lucas had some master plan or was just recycling what he knew worked last time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bing_commander posted:

Did anyone else notice that Mike never actually rebuked the premise that "Ring Composition => Great film making/Movies"? Seems like he missed a good chance to point out that just because a movie is a mobius strip of self references and repeating themes doesn't make it a masterpiece. I don't really see how it matters if Lucas had some master plan or was just recycling what he knew worked last time.

Don't know about Mike, but Plinkett has mentioned it multiple times.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Don't know about Mike, but Plinkett has mentioned it multiple times.

Ever notice how we see them together all the time in HitB? Weird. Like they're not the same person at all. But they sound the same. But only in the Plinkett reviews. gently caress.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Ever notice how we see them together all the time in HitB? Weird. Like they're not the same person at all. But they sound the same. But only in the Plinkett reviews. gently caress.

There are two Plinketts.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Paladinus posted:

There are two Plinketts.

The Plinketts Theory.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Crisis on infinite Plinketts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Imagine four Plinketts on a cliff... movies work the same way.

• Locked thread