Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

AskYourself posted:

Each legacies can now be upgraded up to level 59 from level 41 I think. So that's 18 scrolls time 7 legacies = 126 per Legendary item.

Considering every character has at least 2 that's 252 Anfalas scroll of empowerment.

I'm not sure exactly how much crustal of rememberance but 5 more per LI sound realistics.

Good news is they are easy to farm just be running the feature instance, although that get repetitive after a while.

Also, Scrolls of empowerment can be traded for Marks and Medallion and sometime drop from the Pelenor instances bosses's chest.

Sure that's a lot of grind but hey my LM has some crazy AOE dps now ;)

Thanks, I went through my inventory and used up everything I had, and now that I'm running the dailies again (and they added more to the list so I don't go insane from repetition) it isn't actually that much work to max out again since I was already at the cap of ~two months ago.

And yeah LM hasn't had any real nerf from what I've read so we've still got to team up and pug the raid together soon.

edit

My weapon is crystal capped again so unless I counted wrong, it is confirmed 5 more star-lit crystals per legendary as the new cap. Not bad considering there are 11 more days of the farmer's faire, and just being good at pressing 'delete' and 'U' for use is a perfect way to farm both eggs and mushrooms in the events.

I use my alts to get the cosmetics to use or sell, then my main to farm star-lit crystals. I believe they're 120 faire tokens each.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

This seems a bit unsporting, game

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Turns out Wormtongue wasn't the most dangerous agent that Saruman sent into Rohan:

An unrelated question: Are there any qualitative differences between crafted 1st Age LIs and the 1st Age LIs you can get by turning in Roving Threat tokens?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ArchWizard posted:

Turns out Wormtongue wasn't the most dangerous agent that Saruman sent into Rohan:

An unrelated question: Are there any qualitative differences between crafted 1st Age LIs and the 1st Age LIs you can get by turning in Roving Threat tokens?

They are the exact same in terms of stats, different in appearance. Some classes the RT first age looks much cooler/newer/better. The only issue is that this owns for one handed weapons, it is a crazy gamble for two handed weapons. Since you don't know which stats two handers will roll when crafting or bartering them, it's true either way really, tons of luck and waste involved in getting the perfect two hander for your class.

I think a combination of both is good, I'll be on in a bit and I can send you the names of the guys who used to run the old RT group I ran with.

Also this is pretty big news:

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lotro-producer%E2%80%99s-letter-september-2016

quote:

We are currently hard at work on Update 19, titled the March of the King. Our plan is to release the update in October. Update 19 will feature The Last Debate, along with the Host of the West and its March through North Ithilien, the debut of new premium housing on the Cape of Belfalas, a return to landscape questing, and a new rotation of featured instances. North Ithilien was once known for its gardens, and some called it the prettiest area of Gondor. That beauty remains even in the presence of the enemy. The overgrown and wild area still has many plants and flowers that are not found elsewhere in Middle Earth, and players can gather the flora found there to barter for rewards that will remain useful into 2017. We look forward to telling you more about Update 19 in the coming weeks!

Premium housing brings vastly more hook points, the ability to own multiple houses, a fully revised housing UI, and more. Current homeowners can continue to enjoy their dwellings, and we remain committed to supporting classic housing in the future.

Excitement is rising in the studio as the story progresses toward some very enticing story moments and some very interesting regions. Looking past Update 19, we are looking forward to exploring the foreboding lands of Dagorlad, experiencing the Battle of the Black Gate, and perhaps even meeting a VERY well-known riddle and magical accessories fan. We've hinted at the possibility of bringing you to Mordor in a full expansion, and we'll be continuing to work through that process in the coming months.

We're also aiming to address some of the things you've been urging us to work on. Lag in large encounters is a top priority. We are working on changes to the Burglar and Hunter class to make them more competitive. We are also looking to fix more bugs, add some quality of life improvements, and improve some of our festivals to keep them interesting and fun.

That's all of it with just the introductions and boring poo poo removed. I know I should be talking about the Dagorlad stuff and Mordor maybe being part of a full expansion instead of another 15 dollar quest pack thingy, but god drat I just want to buy a second house overlooking the sea and poo poo.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm on another extended break from LOTRO, but drat it sure sounds like Turbine has got their poo poo together again. New housing is a big one for a lot of people, myself included. Mordor is something they really need to make an expansion rather than an update.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Hoooooooooly poo poo :hawaaaafap::gizz: I haven't been able to play at all recently due to real life but omg gently caress I think I'll take a month off work when this comes out.

extra stout let's be Belfalas neighbors. :3:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Same. I don't know if/when I'll motivate myself to play through regions I have yet to experience in full (Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, 100% Moria etc) but I will be back for the new areas. I'm definitely going to try to get some of their currency at one point if they ever have a 3 for 1 sale or something on those. I know they did that at least once. I should've picked some up...

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Quest packs are on sale right now, I had almost 3000 TP saved up and I spent a chunk of it on quest packs. I already had Evendim, now I have North Downs, Forochel, and Angmar too! I still have about 100 tp and wondering what I should pick up... I'm not sure what Eregion has to offer, never did any of the content there. Misty Mountains was fun but it is so small (enough for five levels) and while Trollshaws is a nice alternative to Evendim it just isn't as interesting. What's the deal with Enedwaith? It looks completely unnecessary as Moria pretty well covers most of its levels.

I am pretty excited about all this new stuff, even if it is well beyond any of my characters to partake in. Still, like the above poster said, when they next do a big sale on TP I will buy some of it up and get the new content.

I will get there eventually...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Titus82 posted:

Quest packs are on sale right now, I had almost 3000 TP saved up and I spent a chunk of it on quest packs. I already had Evendim, now I have North Downs, Forochel, and Angmar too! I still have about 100 tp and wondering what I should pick up... I'm not sure what Eregion has to offer, never did any of the content there. Misty Mountains was fun but it is so small (enough for five levels) and while Trollshaws is a nice alternative to Evendim it just isn't as interesting. What's the deal with Enedwaith? It looks completely unnecessary as Moria pretty well covers most of its levels.

I am pretty excited about all this new stuff, even if it is well beyond any of my characters to partake in. Still, like the above poster said, when they next do a big sale on TP I will buy some of it up and get the new content.

Eregion would've been a much better purchase than Angmar, unless it got a revamp in the last year or so to not make it circa 2006 MMO awfulness, while Eregion is streamlined nicely and you can go there after getting 43-44 in Forochel then already be right where you need to be when you hit 45 and can start Moria's intro.

Enedwaith is the post-Mirkwood expansion area (like Lorien is post-Moria and GR is post-Isengard). You can honestly skip buying it. If you were to run all the content in Moria you'll hit the mid 60s before leaving it and if you also have Mirkwood you'll easily be 65+ when you finish it and can skip over Enedwaith right to Isengard. Isengard kinda blows though so burning through the main story there and then grinding out levels in Great River is much less painful, both in gameplay and in the voice acting you have to deal with.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

Hoooooooooly poo poo :hawaaaafap::gizz: I haven't been able to play at all recently due to real life but omg gently caress I think I'll take a month off work when this comes out.

extra stout let's be Belfalas neighbors. :3:

I'll definitely be buying a house there too, I imagine everyone who isn't level 18 will keep both houses, but that the new neighborhood will probably be the one that has people in it constantly, at least for a few months. Depends how pretty it is there I guess? I think it's on the ocean so that could be cool.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I kinda want a second house, but I'd rather have one house that's large enough to hold all of my furniture.

extra stout posted:

I think it's on the ocean so that could be cool.
Artist's conception of what will happen every time I ride a war-steed in the Belfalas housing area: :horse: :krakken:

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Siddhartha Glutamate posted:

Enedwaith is arguably one of the game's worst regions. It was the first time that I perceived a decline in the game's overall quality of development.

Eregion is widely regarded as one of the better pre-Moria regions. Definitely choose Eregion over Enedwaith

I personally enjoy the first half of Angmar, and especially it's absolutely stellar dungeons- Carn Dum, Urugoth and the 12-man Rift raid. The second half of Angmar's quests has a lot of issues though. If anyone here hasn't ever run Carn Dum- you need to. It puts GB, GA, etc to shame.

I just did the epic ride with the Rohirrim at Pelennor last night. I got all excited over finally running arguably my favorite moment in the entire trilogy, we started riding, and...Turbine killed my boner. They could have handled that a lot better, IMO.

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I am with you on the first half of Angmar, though that is all I have ever done. In fact I think the only zones I've ever fully done has been Lone Lands and Evendim.

But I will buy Eregion and probably Trollshaws... I do like the idea of having an alternative to Evendim for my alts, though I did Trollshaws with my old-old character Uthane and it wasn't that impressive. Lots of repeatable quests.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I've picked this back up; have always been f2p. If I sub for a month, does that unlock anything permanently on my account like some other f2ps?

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Orgophlax posted:

I've picked this back up; have always been f2p. If I sub for a month, does that unlock anything permanently on my account like some other f2ps?

Unlocks some stuff for all characters you log in while VIP. Trait spec bonuses, swift travel, gold cap removal, and a couple inventory slots.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

moebius2778 posted:

Unlocks some stuff for all characters you log in while VIP. Trait spec bonuses, swift travel, gold cap removal, and a couple inventory slots.

This was helpful, thanks.

One thing it doesn't mention though is: Do you keep your riding skill and mount if you acquire it through the VIP quest after the paid month ends? Or does f2p have to buy it in the store?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Orgophlax posted:

One thing it doesn't mention though is: Do you keep your riding skill and mount if you acquire it through the VIP quest after the paid month ends? Or does f2p have to buy it in the store?

You keep it for any character that acquires it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Orgophlax posted:

Half the perks of VIP are permanent, the other half are like access to quest packs, pvp etc. The goon thing to do is to think up some names and make an alt of every class until you fill your account and log into each of them at least once (you might have to complete the intro to level 7 or whatever? to be safe but probably not even that) and then if days months or years later you want to play those characters they have no gold cap, more bag slots, trait slots, and yes if you did the quest horses too.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

I think completing the Riding quest probably should be on the list of things to do with your toons while VIP unless you have an account-wide Riding thing from any of the various sources for that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm like 100 TP shy or so of being able to afford the discounted region. And I have no time to grind. What a world.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm like 100 TP shy or so of being able to afford the discounted region. And I have no time to grind. What a world.

Did you buy or barter for rep items for every single alt you have, all the rep items on each alt up to his level? Check the skirmish camp if you don't have the gold for the auction.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

extra stout posted:

Did you buy or barter for rep items for every single alt you have, all the rep items on each alt up to his level? Check the skirmish camp if you don't have the gold for the auction.

I didn't even consider that as an option. That's not a bad idea. I'll check that first. I'm such a cheapskate :slick:

EDIT: I did it and got it thanks to some quick rep. rushing. I took the lazy man's out and spent only 197 gold. That said... I pissed 200 gold away mailing it to a character that doesn't have the wallet unlocked thinking I'd get her to do some reputation shopping and low and behold I was wrong. So very very wrong. I don't know when I'll spend or earn the TP to fix that mistake, if I even care. That's my comeuppance I guess. Still new region!

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 4, 2016

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
just given this game out a try. I'm Derpindoc, Hobbit Hunter.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I never understood why LOTRO sometimes lets you skip ahead to the next book in an epic questline. It probably shouldn't, given that this can happen:

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ArchWizard posted:

I never understood why LOTRO sometimes lets you skip ahead to the next book in an epic questline. It probably shouldn't, given that this can happen:

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again"

My....immersion!

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Say what you want about the epic, but it's got some genuinely good writing. Golodir's entire storyline, c'mon. Narmeleth. Everything with the grey company is a series of emotional dickpunches if you like the characters, too.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Question for the thread:

I've been slowly making my way through the Far Anorian update, and finally finished the Battle of Pelenor Fields stuff. Last night I ran a few dailies for Prince Imrahil and some dude next to him in the After the Battle version of MT. I finished the daily quests, but I have absolutely zero breadcrumbs to any other quests. I could've sworn that I saw someone somewhere mention stuff dealing with the Houses of Healing, so I feel like I'm not done yet...Or am I? I haven't been completely caught up with this game's most recent content since RoR was the bleeding edge.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Brave New World posted:

Question for the thread:

I've been slowly making my way through the Far Anorian update, and finally finished the Battle of Pelenor Fields stuff. Last night I ran a few dailies for Prince Imrahil and some dude next to him in the After the Battle version of MT. I finished the daily quests, but I have absolutely zero breadcrumbs to any other quests. I could've sworn that I saw someone somewhere mention stuff dealing with the Houses of Healing, so I feel like I'm not done yet...Or am I? I haven't been completely caught up with this game's most recent content since RoR was the bleeding edge.

After completing each daily (which will take 2 days unless you use Mithril), you unlock a Session Play which in turn a new set of dailies, rinse, repeat. Definitely worth doing to see the Session Plays. See the wiki for more info.

This is the only current endgame content (besides raids/instances and grinding dailies/BBs for essence gear/starlit crystals and Anfalas scrolls of empowerment for imbued LIs--which these dailies don't help with, so there's no real point to doing them more than once), but apparently the next update should hit sometime next week. See the release notes here.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 15, 2016

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks! It turns out that I somehow failed one of the dailies(but nothing indicated that). Finishing the one I failed opened up the HoH session play.

I used to raid in this game, but now I just do the bare minimum for story content. Sometimes I join box runs when I want essences. They should have instituted something like box runs *years* ago. It would have done a lot to keep the playerbase satisfied.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Brave New World posted:

Thanks! It turns out that I somehow failed one of the dailies(but nothing indicated that). Finishing the one I failed opened up the HoH session play.

I used to raid in this game, but now I just do the bare minimum for story content. Sometimes I join box runs when I want essences. They should have instituted something like box runs *years* ago. It would have done a lot to keep the playerbase satisfied.

The featured instance system works well for how casual the game is, they just still need to find a balance to get people to do a raid once in a while.

Here's a video of the Cape of Belfalas housing area in beta currently, turns out it's a huge loving map that seems to be an access point between Western and Central Gondor. Aside from being huge it also contains quests to do as one method of getting the new housing items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbnRqvZ1RnI

edit

I updated the OP with that preview and on the bottom of it a guide to legendary items by the same youtuber/beta tester guy, it's a loving hour long but I'm a few minutes in so far and he seems to have a current and informed understanding of the system. I also will be updating some more information and trying to make it a bit more coherent.

edit

Also the Gift Of The Player With More Money Than Time upgrade is currently on sale until the 20th, 25 percent off. I don't think it ever goes on sale for more than 30 percent off.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 17, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

extra stout posted:

Also the Gift Of The Player With More Money Than Time upgrade is currently on sale until the 20th, 25 percent off. I don't think it ever goes on sale for more than 30 percent off.

What's that item?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's that item?

Gift of the Valar. It makes you level 50. Only 4000 turbine points!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Prism posted:

Gift of the Valar. It makes you level 50. Only 4000 turbine points!

Thanks, I forgot which was which but I believe they're all on sale, the 1-50 boost, 50-95 boost, and the 1-95 boost.

(Pro Tip: If you can't get to level 50 you will not enjoy the class or game in general probably, I don't think I'd consider any of those except for 50-95, even setting cost aside). Also don't buy it at all if you don't already have a 105. It's a fun game to experience as a linear story.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/update-19-coming-soon
Update 19: Coming soon apparently means coming tomorrow.

* March North with Aragorn

* New Premium Gondor Housing

* 90+ Quests and Deeds for Level 105 Players

*New Flora Barter System

So we're actually getting a new region beyond just housing, North Ithilien. The new houses cost mithril coins, and the sum of all the update 19 stuff will cost either turbine points in the form of a quest pack, or will be free to subscribers. That's the part that won't cheer everyone up.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?647790-Update-19-March-of-the-King-Release-Notes&p=7659741#post7659741

Major burglar buff, good hunter buff, pretty minor beorning nerf.

edit

MORE BIG NEWS

Featured Instances

New Featured Instances are now available:
Sari-Surma replaces Bells of Dale.
Fornost - Wraith of Water replaces Sammath Gūl
Haudh Valandil replaces Dungeons of Dol Guldur
Northcotton Farm replaces Halls of Night
Iobar's Peak replaces Stone Heights.

Featured Instances will now drop item level 234 jewelry instead of level 222 jewelry.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 18, 2016

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

extra stout posted:

Major burglar buff.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I managed to accrue over 1200 TP since I came back from hiatus and I have to choose between new content and the cheapest premium house :smith:

UPDATE: I chose conspicuous consumption and I think I chose rightly.

UPDATE 2: Frodo Christ kinhouses get their own island

UPDATE 3: The largest personal houses cost roughly 6000 TP

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 18, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ArchWizard posted:

I managed to accrue over 1200 TP since I came back from hiatus and I have to choose between new content and the cheapest premium house :smith:

UPDATE: I chose conspicuous consumption and I think I chose rightly.

UPDATE 2: Frodo Christ kinhouses get their own island

UPDATE 3: The largest personal houses cost roughly 6000 TP

You should post some screenshots of your sea-house once you get it all decorated, I'll admittedly probably grab one eventually. Got the quest pack instead for now, will hopefully get to start it after class tomorrow. I wonder how long it's been since mithril coins went on sale?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
October 19st, guys!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

extra stout posted:

You should post some screenshots of your sea-house once you get it all decorated, I'll admittedly probably grab one eventually. Got the quest pack instead for now, will hopefully get to start it after class tomorrow. I wonder how long it's been since mithril coins went on sale?
I tried to decorate my house but I didn't finish. There was... a complication.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You cad!