Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Bug > Dark is Kamen Rider > Evil, Bug > Psychic is a common fear > the mind.

E: I swear this happens to me more than 1/40th of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I always thought the idea of bug being effective versus psychics was that all their buzzing and biting makes it hard to focus, which fucks up their mental powers.

No idea about dark.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

^^ Like said above, Bug>Dark is pretty much a reference to the Japanese superhero Kamen Rider, who in earlier incarnations was themed after different bugs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bug dark psychic fighting form a little assosiated subgroup in my head for some reason. same with dragon steel fairy poison and obvs fire grass water elec

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

notoriousman posted:

Weak versus the crushing rock, strong versus the crushing fist.

the crushing fist finds squishing bugs barehanded icky and gross

now, if there were a paper napkin type pokemon I bet it'd be super effective against bugs

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bugs are neither good nor evil, with their hiveminds and whatnot, so they don't give a crap about the most Evil of types

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

^^ Like said above, Bug>Dark is pretty much a reference to the Japanese superhero Kamen Rider, who in earlier incarnations was themed after different bugs.

"ice is like cold water of course it works against ground types"
"if something tries to fly into a cliff face, the cliff is going to win"

Manatee Cannon posted:

the crushing fist finds squishing bugs barehanded icky and gross

"brah have you ever tried catching a fly with your hands"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dark type doesn't mean evil you fricks!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alxprit posted:

Bugs are neither good nor evil, with their hiveminds and whatnot, so they don't give a crap about the most Evil of types

Bugs are allies of justice.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

um

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Beat up, foul play, nasty plot, sucker punch, punishment, torment, thief

Should I go on

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Brother Entropy posted:

Yes but you see in my glorious japanese import version of the game

:goonsay:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yes but you see in my glorious japanese import version of the game

:goonsay:

drat, got em with the goonsay

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
E: Beaten

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 15, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

quote:

The Dark type (Japanese: あくタイプ Evil type)

what the gently caress

what the gently caress

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

luxray is a very evil dark type

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

my friend scrafty is not evil

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's dark/fighting, that basically cancels out to neutral

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

luxray is a very evil dark type

Luxray is an avatar of justice

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm just happy that when Bounsweet avoid death they grow up to rule the plants

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Brother Entropy posted:

my friend scrafty is not evil

He's kind of an rear end in a top hat though

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
With abilities like Water Absorb, is it better to have high or low HP? Volcanion is cool.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm glad that Luxray has all those great STAB Dark moves

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Alolan Luxray will be Electric/Fighting

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I am going to nickname my Tsareena "Alena".

Chiming in to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Vernatio posted:

Chiming in to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

It's the only correct name.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Waffleman_ posted:

Another easy one to remember is Fighting > Steel because

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Internet Kraken posted:

I always thought the idea of bug being effective versus psychics was that all their buzzing and biting makes it hard to focus, which fucks up their mental powers.

No idea about dark.

Psychic is weak to common fears. bugs, the dark, ghosts. Someday when there is a heights type pokemon itll be super effective against psychic. Explouds mega will be public speaking type.

Waffleman_ posted:

I actually punched a bird dead mid flight once. I was in a dark barn with a flash light, It swooped down at me and I instinctively swung my arm at it. RIP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Space T Rex posted:

Psychic is weak to common fears. bugs, the dark, ghosts. Someday when there is a heights type pokemon itll be super effective against psychic. Explouds mega will be public speaking type.

I actually punched a bird dead mid flight once. I was in a dark barn with a flash light, It swooped down at me and I instinctively swung my arm at it. RIP.

Did you hit it with the fist that held the flash light? Maybe you accidentally Thunder Punched it. Alternatively, what are the odds of you actually being a living golem (not the pokemon)?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Psychic is just weak against unnerving poo poo like bugs and negativity (evil)

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Did you hit it with the fist that held the flash light? Maybe you accidentally Thunder Punched it. Alternatively, what are the odds of you actually being a living golem (not the pokemon)?

It was that fist!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

sharrrk posted:

espeon is my favorite pokemon and is very strong, and cool

:yeah:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Space T Rex posted:

Flying is the heights type :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Flying is the heights type :colbert:

Flight is only scary when it stops abruptly. Dreams of flying are good dreams. Now if there were some sort of "Falling" type....

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sharrrk posted:

espeon is my favorite pokemon and is very strong, and cool

whoa. whoa. whoa.

espeon is also MY favorite pokemon. we should be friends immediately

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
At least I'm an an exclusive club. The Meganium is in the top 3 best pokemon club :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
people are afraid of drowning and heights and flying and yet water and flying arent SE against psychic

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bongo Bill posted:

Flight is only scary when it stops abruptly. Dreams of flying are good dreams. Now if there were some sort of "Falling" type....

As someone with a fear of heights, dreams in which I'm flying suck. Being up high in general, no matter how safe, sucks. The irrrational part of your brain does not accept the safety and keeps panicking instead.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Countblanc posted:

people are afraid of drowning and heights and flying and yet water and flying arent SE against psychic

"psychics are weak against fear" already doesn't make sense but people seem to have really weird ideas about type effectiveness anyway (normal should be strong against fairy :confused:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

"psychics are weak against fear" already doesn't make sense

Of course it does, being unnerved breaks mental concentration which is what Psychic-types use for offense and defense. And insects, evil/darkness, and ghosts are common fears so those type matchups make perfect sense.