Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXYmFqEkCGQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

this is not how a sprinkler works.

this is just an oddity from some exhibit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aobPgGzB-U

oscillator and rotor sprinklers use a small turbine and gearbox to move: http://home.howstuffworks.com/sprinkler.htm

impulse sprinklers use no gears, but a swing arm and a screw mechanism to drive them

edit: if there were any kind of load on that gear set the teeth at the transitions would get sheared right off.

QuantumPotato fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 15, 2016

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

who knew how prophetic this would be...

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

gonna get "Think about what you are after 3 years, 5 years, 10 years! If you don't go gently caress yourself by that time" on my tombstone

d64
Jan 15, 2003
after checking the actual ppt it seems these were examples of bad management. but i had to check.

Graff
May 10, 2012

d64 posted:

after checking the actual ppt it seems these were examples of bad management. but i had to check.

bad management or... rad management?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Graff posted:

bad management or... rad management?

brad, from management

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Radio Paranoia posted:

brad, from management

Graff
May 10, 2012

hi it's brad from management we've had some complaints about the insult and humiliation from your mouth and instant messsging

Graff
May 10, 2012

frankly you live like bastard gently caress you okay thanks glad we had this little chat

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/how-to-help-an-injured-bird.html

ArmedZombie fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 15, 2016

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5ckqU4k-s

saturday morning you live like bastards

don't even start moving out of bed

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

"You Could Be Mine" starts playing in the background

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

it's good. you really get the sense that ww1 was 99% hiding in filthy, stinking, boring trenches all day long, hoping you don't get shelled or gassed, and trying not to get eaten by rats, and 1% charging into certain futile death. and the people in charge have no idea wtf to do about new technology, so they just pour humans into a grinder to see what works. having learned about it, it seems like ww1 was a way worse experience than 2, if there's even a comparison.

a realistic ww1 vidyo gam would be the most horrible game ever. the whole thing would be a loading screen, but also your eyes are burning out of your head at the same time, and then as soon as the game starts a bomb explodes by your unit - game over.

check out WWI Medic, an older game from the guys who made dwarf fortress. good presentation re: the futility of static warfare.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
what do you think the point of butts & boobies is except for groping

i like to touch ladies and squeeze them and so does trump and heuristically nearly all males and a lot of females too from what i hear. what he actually said in that video is they consent because he's famous, ie the opposite of not having consent

anyway the whole entire trump campaign is a giant conspiracy and this rape poo poo is them activating his trap card

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

that thing looks really fun but its motorized so you shouldnt run it on any bike trails, but its a pedal vehicle so it cant go on roads either

hows my shaggar

i'd drive it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

diamond dog posted:

what do you think the point of butts & boobies is except for groping

i like to touch ladies and squeeze them and so does trump and heuristically nearly all males and a lot of females too from what i hear. what he actually said in that video is they consent because he's famous, ie the opposite of not having consent

anyway the whole entire trump campaign is a giant conspiracy and this rape poo poo is them activating his trap card

Source you are quotes

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

There Will Be Blyat

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Captain Foo posted:

Source you are quotes

spoiler alert

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

that thing looks really fun but its motorized so you shouldnt run it on any bike trails, but its a pedal vehicle so it cant go on roads either

hows my shaggar

theres no reason it cant go on bike trails but you are correct that it shouldn't go on the roads.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfE3d_Su_GU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

time to get stoned

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

time to get stoned

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i want a corgi

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

akadajet posted:

i want a corgi

They're pretty yappy/bossy dogs, not a very pro dog tier imo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ADINSX posted:

They're pretty yappy/bossy dogs, not a very pro dog tier imo

i really just want a dog, but i'm waiting till i can get out of apartments and into a house with a yard. probably next year

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

oh man i had a few of those guys and they loving ruled

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
aren't the cardigan ones more chill

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i have a pembroke welsh and she is not very yappy or bossy. she mostly sleeps on the floor and when she wants to go outside she sits at the door and makes a couple woof noises. if she hears other dogs / babies going by outside she goes nuts and wants to go out there and fight them. she is 7 months old.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

akadajet posted:

i really just want a dog, but i'm waiting till i can get out of apartments and into a house with a yard. probably next year

This is a solid plan. Make sure you check out rescue shelters you can get some really good dogs. Mutts are the proest tier dog, and if they've spent some time in the shelter they'll be more likely to be accustomed to other dogs so they'll be well behaved at the park.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CORGI HOUND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

• Locked thread