Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I agree

So I hosed up my ng 3 cycle and only had orphan, Gherman, and moon presence left. I did the first half of it like before ds3 came out so I went to kill gherman while I was working on kos and accidentally beat the game and pushed into ng4. :whitewater:

I've been thinking about how huge a test yharnam was in the first cycle and how it's pretty clear they tuned the beginning of ds3 with that in mind. The most dramatic jump has still been from ng 1 to ng2, when the yharnamites in the beginning took like triple the damage to kill. I was worried that with how the stats cap in the 50s and the maximum AR you can squeeze out of a weapon pretty much leaves you in the 800s to 1200s, that progressive cycles would start to brick wall.

But if anything, at figurative Max level (246 ish, 50 in all except endurance since it caps at 40), ng 4 has been the easiest run so far.

I really would love a boss rush though. Ugh. Been playing this game for almost two years now?

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I agree

So I hosed up my ng 3 cycle and only had orphan, Gherman, and moon presence left. I did the first half of it like before ds3 came out so I went to kill gherman while I was working on kos and accidentally beat the game and pushed into ng4. :whitewater:

I've been thinking about how huge a test yharnam was in the first cycle and how it's pretty clear they tuned the beginning of ds3 with that in mind. The most dramatic jump has still been from ng 1 to ng2, when the yharnamites in the beginning took like triple the damage to kill. I was worried that with how the stats cap in the 50s and the maximum AR you can squeeze out of a weapon pretty much leaves you in the 800s to 1200s, that progressive cycles would start to brick wall.

But if anything, at figurative Max level (246 ish, 50 in all except endurance since it caps at 40), ng 4 has been the easiest run so far.

I really would love a boss rush though. Ugh. Been playing this game for almost two years now?

youll be fine even on ng+7 so far as dmg is concerned. not that ive ever reached that actually, i only have a ng+5 character cos i like to make to make new ones after ng+2

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
This game is hard and the random enemies that kill me before I can pick up my stuff are mean :(

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Welcome to Souls games.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've neve done all o f ng+ becasue it's boring!

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Cannonballoon posted:

Welcome to Souls games.

that's such a good trick

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
I got my friend bloodborne for his birthday. It was a sneaky way to convince him to finally get a ps4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today Sony permanently dropped the price of bloodborne to 20 bucks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Insane

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Oops. I just killed the poison beast in Old Yharnam and totally forgot he poison people just by being close to him.

"Yay, I won. WTF I AM POISONED gently caress gently caress gently caress" *dead*

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My embarrassing death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLNELpeWnwA

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Cannonballoon posted:

Welcome to Souls games.

It's cool because you have to fight the skeleton dogs again after you die here, and even more if you didn't find the other bonfire.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can also run past everything like a boss

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Reminder this rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdhTGaWzec

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love the souls games, and i haven't played them nearly recently enough

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

You can also run past everything like a boss

I mean on your first playthrough dude

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Reminder this rules

The soundtrack is good for both the main game and the DLC, surprisingly. I almost grew to hate Ludwig's first track because I struggled with the first phase of that fight for hours. Maria's track is also very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i love the souls games, and i haven't played them nearly recently enough

Dark souls III DLC in two weeks baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I need to finish my Amy run which I'm gonna work on right now now that I've finished DQ7

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cannonballoon posted:

The soundtrack is good for both the main game and the DLC, surprisingly. I almost grew to hate Ludwig's first track because I struggled with the first phase of that fight for hours. Maria's track is also very good.

That violin chill in the intro cinematic is the main piece in living failures and it rulesssss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died to wet nurse just now which may have been the first time I can remember doing that in like 18 months

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
bloodborne is peak halloween feels

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This game is interesting in that everyone seems to have their own problem bosses that they struggle with. Blood-starved Beast took me a while, but I one-shotted Rom and Logarius on my first game. I never understood why Rom is considered to be so difficult. Is it build and weapon choice? I never used Ludwig's sword if that makes any difference.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cannonballoon posted:

This game is interesting in that everyone seems to have their own problem bosses that they struggle with. Blood-starved Beast took me a while, but I one-shotted Rom and Logarius on my first game. I never understood why Rom is considered to be so difficult. Is it build and weapon choice? I never used Ludwig's sword if that makes any difference.

rom feels like an mmo boss to me. three differently ranged attacks and waves of adds. my skillset doesnt adapt well to that kind of boss

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cannonballoon posted:

no main game bosses gave me much trouble but ludwig and orphan destroyed me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
rom also requires u to look around a lot which is hard for a beast claws player like me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
try moving the right analog stick around a bit haha.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i was admittedly unreasonably salty about logarius because he was the first and only boss that gave me a truly hard time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

try moving the right analog stick around a bit haha.

not going to happen my man.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

rom feels like an mmo boss to me. three differently ranged attacks and waves of adds. my skillset doesnt adapt well to that kind of boss

I can definitely see that. That makes a lot of sense.

Homework Explainer posted:

no main game bosses gave me much trouble but ludwig and orphan destroyed me

Ludwig was the first boss in the entire game that almost made me quit playing. Until I got used to his first phase his fight felt incredibly unfair. Even Orphan seemed more reasonable in comparison (to me).

Maria's fight was really fun, and I wish there were more like her's. Even that Bloody Crow fight was fun despite him basically one-shotting you if you made just one mistake.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I have tons of problems with Rom just because there are so many small spiders that can almost one shot me, and to kill them is to give the Big Bad a chance to also one shot me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cannonballoon posted:

I can definitely see that. That makes a lot of sense.

Ludwig was the first boss in the entire game that almost made me quit playing. Until I got used to his first phase his fight felt incredibly unfair. Even Orphan seemed more reasonable in comparison (to me).

Yeah I died to his first phase a million times and didn't even know a second phase was coming but when i actually got to it i beat it first try. The first moveset was a lot harder for me for some reason

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

goferchan posted:

Yeah I died to his first phase a million times and didn't even know a second phase was coming but when i actually got to it i beat it first try. The first moveset was a lot harder for me for some reason

He's a lot more predictable when he's swinging a big weapon around like so many of the other Souls bosses. When's he's thrashing around like an animal in phase 1 he's definitely tougher.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

https://youtu.be/dCo11Iyad10

I just killed Maria in under 2 minutes, what a rush!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/hunters-supermoon-explained-space-astronomy-science/ :eyepop:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The moon is close. It will be a long hunt tonight.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
A Paleblood sky... :stare:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Today Sony permanently dropped the price of bloodborne to 20 bucks

I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to be a ps plus game
Soon and usher in a new golden era of bloodborne multiplayer

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
:doh: I died to bloodstarved beast today lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU