Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Britgoon here, it says I need to enter a state to donate (despite my selecting UK for my address). Can I just pick one at random? (There doesn't seem to be a 'I don't live in the US' option).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I would say just donate to the UK equivalent. Victims of sex crimes need help in every country even if the inspiration for this donation drive is the US elections.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Yvonmukluk posted:

Britgoon here, it says I need to enter a state to donate (despite my selecting UK for my address). Can I just pick one at random? (There doesn't seem to be a 'I don't live in the US' option).

Yeah, just add one at random. I did. Doesn't matter.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Yeah, just add one at random. I did. Doesn't matter.

Alright I picked NY in honour of Abuela.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Donated $50 of my multicoloured :canada: dollars.

pendulous thread
Aug 14, 2011

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Got to find the Australian equivalent now as well.

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

Donated some Eurobucks for a good cause!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thank you international Goons. Your currency with funny pictures and strange colors and sometimes made of plastic will go to a good cause.

Please keep in mind:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I would say just donate to the UK equivalent. Victims of sex crimes need help in every country even if the inspiration for this donation drive is the US elections.
This is also important. This is not a uniquely American situation and other countries have worthy charities.

Either way, gently caress Trump

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib
Donated $25

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I'm so proud of this thread

gently caress trump (but not in a sexual way)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lemming posted:

Total is now up to $16,046. Crazy!!!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Dropped in the $50 that was originally for that poll we never got off the ground. This is a much better use for it

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud
Donated $50.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
+$200

Fateful Encounter
Feb 28, 2016
Chipped in $20, you goons are all amazing!

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
holla
holla
hundred
dolla

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Hell, I can bother to not eat fast food for a couple weeks.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

Got friends on Facebook to give $125, gave an extra $100 to match for a total of $225

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
This is really awesome and inspiring. Thanks for doing this goons. Told my wife about it, and she is extremely impressed by us nerds.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I just kicked in a hundred bucks.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Set up a monthly donation and also a larger single donation because gently caress Trump.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hLAFg

Log082 has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Oct 15, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's not much, but here's my part

I was going to donate 8.18 for Women's Suffrage, but it would only allow round numbers so I rounded up.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Reminder to everyone to edit out any personal information that you otherwise would not feel comfortable sharing with the world!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I just donated 25 AMERICAN DOLLAROOS, WOW!!!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I donated some dollars

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

:10bux:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
May a canuck donate? I am not finding anything on RAINN's website that says I can't but they aren't saying I can either.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
You certainly can! You may also consider an organization closer to home if you'd like. As has been mentioned, this isn't a uniquely American problem.

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx
Yo.

Not sure if you're still matching or if it's too late, but either way, you're doing God's work here. Thanks for taking something gross and terrible and reminding me to channel my disgust in a positive direction.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A Canadian org would also be a good idea, but then I couldn't feel as anti Trump as I'd like. This is a way better thing to spend my money on than video games at any rate. I put in :10bux:.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

vorebane posted:

May a canuck donate? I am not finding anything on RAINN's website that says I can't but they aren't saying I can either.

Yup. The donation form has a country field, and upon selecting Canada the provinces will appear at the bottom of the state list.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Blizz Pizz Love Us posted:

you're doing God's work here.

you're doing. We're all doing!

Also a good way to help out: refrain from raping people, take consent seriously, talk to your friends about what consent means

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

alnilam posted:

you're doing. We're all doing!

Also a good way to help out: refrain from raping people, take consent seriously, talk to your friends about what consent means

You know, i still can't wrap my mind around how that's so hard for some people. :(

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm a dirty poor, but I'm still doing my part.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

hailthefish posted:

:slick:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

hailthefish posted:

It means a lot more coming from people who have to sacrifice to give. Seriously, thank you!

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
In a bit of a weird/limited/(awful) financial situation, but it still allows for some fun money here and there.

I'm in.

Old Boot has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Oct 16, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CannonFodder posted:

$500 donated, in honor of Wheez The Roux.

I can get a screen cap when I get home Saturday.

Bonus $500 to Friends of Matenwa, that charity in Haiti goons gave to years ago.

I am quoting to put in the screen cap now that it is Saturday, I am proving I sent money, this is not a post of new donation.

BTW, I LIED.

I AM SENDING FORTH A CHALLENGE TO THE FOOTBALL FUNHOUSE COLLEGE EDITION. I WILL MATCH THEIR DONATIONS UP TO $2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CannonFodder posted:

I am quoting to put in the screen cap now that it is Saturday, I am proving I sent money, this is not a post of new donation.

BTW, I LIED.

I AM SENDING FORTH A CHALLENGE TO THE FOOTBALL FUNHOUSE COLLEGE EDITION. I WILL MATCH THEIR DONATIONS UP TO $2000.

:captainpop:

drat, dude.

• Locked thread