Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Churning pumpkin ale with as much double drop I can get a hold of. If you are doing the same with -timer stuff, consider sending me your load of pumpkins, I'm set to run out in 3 days and I was leveling cooking anyways.
edit: double drop doesn't work like that.

Updated the tooltip for better comparison. Still missing thousands separator commas, I know.

There is a 2nd chart for characters now, I wanna get it sorted smallest to largest sometime today.

if someone wanted to put together some better RBG colors, I'll take em. The format is "[Red,Green,Blue]"

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Those gains!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
So some dude named Lag is offering to buy our stash of palm leaves @ 25 each. We have 33k of them. Good idea?

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 10, 2016

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
In as Laziram, just newbishly poking around so far but send me an invite to whatever.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zoe posted:

In as Laziram, just newbishly poking around so far but send me an invite to whatever.

Sent an invite

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Marxalot posted:

So some dude named Lag is offering to buy our stash of palm leaves @ 25 each. We have 33k of them. Good idea?

Didn't Xerol say 'just do it, we can get a shitload more'?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I could use something to burn up the slower parts of my work day. In as SNSapiens, can I get an invite?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Invited, SNSapiens

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Anyone else having trouble logging in? 'You do not appear to be logged into the beta server. Please log out and log back in again. If the problem persists, contact Grumpy via messages.'

Tried it a few times now, on the phone and computer and it keeps happening.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
No troubles here, I even reloaded the page, everything is fine on my end.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

There was an issue with the charts. Siege noticed some insano carpentry guy did over 1 million and it was not registering correctly. Fixed that which also fixed a lot of combat numbers that were apparently inaccurate. The 2nd "," from anything over 999,999 was breaking it.

These new high combat numbers throw the scale out the window so by default combat numbers are divided by 3. There is a dropdown option to scale the combat numbers by different amounts, including no reduction at all.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 25, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Today is the last day to brew pumpkin ale and apple cider. Drop off whatever you can't handle in guild storage.

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

Joined as glickeroo, can I get a guild invite?

Lookin' for a chill idle-ish game to distract me at work.

edit: thanks!

glickeroo fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 5, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

glickeroo posted:

Joined as glickeroo, can I get a guild invite?

Lookin' for a chill idle-ish game to distract me at work.

Sent

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Grumpy just confirmed that beta combat will eventually have classes:

e: There's more

pre:
16:40:45 Grumpy Aspersa : but yes, leather caps will have a use once classes come out for combat
16:41:03 airemana LPF : oh thank you so much for the info... I store them 
16:41:03 Phantom Purple : and spectral stuff?
16:41:26 JoveS Fool : yeah you can mask as a Phantom
16:41:35 JoveS Fool : be like BOO
16:41:39 Gypsy Fool : 
16:41:41 Phantom Purple :  who needs a mask JoveS?
16:41:42 Grumpy Aspersa : yup!  and same for spectral stuff, that'll be part of the sorcerer clothing

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Don't start holding your breath though! He started talking about combat revamp when I started. Since that time; leveled to 59 combat and 92 speed. Consider combat AS IS for the foreseeable future.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Obviously it's not dropping tomorrow (we'll probably be lucky to get a christmas event that isn't just a reskin of last year's) but it's more of a heads up to maybe not sell off all of the non-warrior combat gear as you make it.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Amaranthine: Make Amarica Great Again

Mods pls

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

In as Yndi. Level 5 cis-woodcutter

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

TengenNewsEditor posted:

In as Yndi. Level 5 cis-woodcutter

Invited. Press a button and all that.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Are you sure, Amar? Like, really sure?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They are all clovvers

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

I am in as ReodDai

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Colt Cannon posted:

I am in as ReodDai

Invite sent.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
From humble beginnings...

To crafty veteran, in less than an hour.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"127 dead weights and still recruiting" for new thread title

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

Yes please

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I'd vote for this but I forgot to register.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Quality OneofOne spearfishing there.

Character chart finally sorted

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Invite for Bolo Manalo.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Magugu posted:

Invite for Bolo Manalo.

Sent.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

CubicalSucrose posted:

From humble beginnings...

To crafty veteran, in less than an hour.

Why is it, that in every game I play, people always hate on goons?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Goons have a terrible habit of being better than everyone else at video games, and being extra smug about it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pubbies in this game hate us because we have a large number of people and assumed we were bots / multies. The hate has kind of stuck around. They also don't like that we don't kick inactive players.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Aside from that, there's a poo poo ton of crossover between populations of various games, and our reputation precedes us. For example, when goons first got into the now gone Age Of Wushu, one of the Vietnamese guild leaders there also had played Eve Online, and got his ship blown up by goons there. Since most pubbies simply know the collective of SA users as "The Goons", he assumed that we were the same people and decided to declare holy war on us, despite the fact that only like 2 or 3 of the goons that were around at the time even knew anything about Eve at all. In the end, it worked out incredibly well for us, as we got to learn a bunch of the game through fighting with them, and then we proceeded to have an almost illegal amount of fun getting better than them, beating them in wars, literally stealing their land and raping their handmaidens, and then gloating smugly about it from their former palace grounds.

EDIT: ^^^Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When we first goon rushed the game, our numbers inflated so quickly that many of the guilds, who only had maybe 1-2 dozen members maximum, assumed that the guild that was like 2 months old with 100 members was actually only like 2 people with 50 alts. Even after Grumpy checked the logs and told the pubbies "No, these are all unique accounts", they still resented us because more numbers means more popular means more better or some poo poo.^^^

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 21, 2016

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
When we reached rank 100 here the fun started. They made jokes about us not being on the list before. Then they just couldn't believe how we managed to find 60 (or whatever number of players we had then) active players in Amar.

Also: Some of us brought up new ideas which made things less poo poo, that annoyed them greatly. Because change.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
In this game in specific, I don't think most of the playerbase even realizes we're goons. The Amar pubbie hate stems from, I think, three main causes:

1. As pixaal mentions, the Goonrush of new players confused the gently caress out of a lot of the old-timer pubbies. The pubbies largely at this point consist of people who've trickled in over a period of years and then stuck around; the vision of dozens of us showing up in a short period of time boggled their minds. So there were, naturally, accusations of multi-boxing and hacking and all kinds of poo poo tossed around all willy-nilly, because the idea of anyone playing Amar who could actually socially coexist with more than three or four people at once the way some of these antisocial fuckers strain to do just did not compute.

2. Early on a bunch of us decided to all go cut down pine trees and started making cracks in global chat about the Cult of the Holy Cone; this irked the poo poo out of some players, because apparently global chat is reserved for pretending to be a cat and/or attention whoring. Some people genuinely still seem to believe that we're all in an honest-to-god cult, it's kind of amazing.

3. Some of these people are not just hosed up, they're smug about how hosed up they are (I haven't seen Cowboy around much, but he was the prime example for me). The fact that we didn't seem impressed enraged them.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Aside from that, there's a poo poo ton of crossover between populations of various games, and our reputation precedes us. For example, when goons first got into the now gone Age Of Wushu, one of the Vietnamese guild leaders there also had played Eve Online, and got his ship blown up by goons there. Since most pubbies simply know the collective of SA users as "The Goons", he assumed that we were the same people and decided to declare holy war on us, despite the fact that only like 2 or 3 of the goons that were around at the time even knew anything about Eve at all. In the end, it worked out incredibly well for us, as we got to learn a bunch of the game through fighting with them, and then we proceeded to have an almost illegal amount of fun getting better than them, beating them in wars, literally stealing their land and raping their handmaidens, and then gloating smugly about it from their former palace grounds.

God the wars with the Wushu Vietbloc (for everyone else, it was literally an alliance of guilds that were specifically for Vietnamese players that all wanted to kill us) were fun, I loved how much that game completely encouraged dishonorable, underhanded bullshit and how much it made pubbies mad.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
23:13:45 RWSA YAMS : /reply/d1312d845f0d3eab5ff559f029ab49a3/current
23:15:46 RWSA YAMS : /reply/1bd990f979b2a29ee16e01140741d029/current
23:22:56 RWSA YAMS : /reply/c0b1961ca5fb78f812e2206637f01e64/current
23:26:37 [GM] Gix muted RWSA for 30 minutes for spamming.

23:29:38 To [GM] Gix : wow, 30!?
23:30:15 To [GM] Gix : i was roleplaying a bot with a broken reply function
23:33:07 To [GM] Gix : sorry, i promise i will only roleplay as a cat with braindamage from now on, can you unmute me then?

No reply yet. Be careful!

Edit: Hahaha
23:34:37 From [GM] Gix : Put Mordaq on ignore and get your programmer to debug your dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm not sure what you expected