Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Full health!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012
What's the average rank of those of you on the discord? Is there a lower rank group that queues together?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

WhatDo posted:

What's the average rank of those of you on the discord? Is there a lower rank group that queues together?

We are mostly gold and plats.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard: why can you drop the hostage in overtime? I can't think of a single scenario where that would be appreciated considering it results in an instant defeat. Lost a ranked match to that bullshit because I hit the wrong button trying to rappel.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It exposes bad players.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I swear some of you sound french Canadian (coming from me it's not an insult)

Anyways.. I personally think that it would be holding your hand too much. Don't do it and stop blaming the game for every single one of your fuckups.

Besides i think you could toss the hostage down a ladder/ledge to an extraction zone, if the fall doesn't kill him/her the match should be won.. Or was that fixed a while back? Can't remember.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 11, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I went 10-3.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

personally i'm infallible and if anything goes wrong it's because this lovely game is broken

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard help my fatass fingers somehow missed the space bar. Fix the game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Boy I sure love a team of level 60 Silver/unranked going up against a team of all 100+ Golds with like one Silver in it. Tell me more about the factors Ubisoft's incredible matchmaking takes into account.

I hope it's better now that I'm ranked.

Trip report: Nope, still go up against premade gold stacks as all-silver solo queue.

Then get matched up against them a second time. So much for prioritizing losing/winning streaks.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 11, 2016

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Squeegy posted:

Boy I sure love a team of level 60 Silver/unranked going up against a team of all 100+ Golds with like one Silver in it. Tell me more about the factors Ubisoft's incredible matchmaking takes into account.

every time you type gg 2ez in chat it increments a counter, once that counter reaches 100 you get vac banned cyka blyet

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

afkmacro posted:

every time you type gg 2ez in chat it increments a counter, once that counter reaches 100 you get vac banned cyka blyet

It was an honor to play with you all. Thank you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

afkmacro posted:

I'm ahead the meta spamming "gg izi" and "git gud" in two separate messages.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Squeegy posted:

Trip report: Nope, still go up against premade gold stacks as all-silver solo queue.

Then get matched up against them a second time. So much for prioritizing losing/winning streaks.

Yeah we had this real bad last night. Our team of 3 silvers and 2 bronzes got matched up 5 times in a row with 2 plat 3 gold. And they reemed us. Every time.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

4.3 Patch Notes

quote:

Patch 4.3 will be deployed on October 12th for PC, and October 18th (tentative date) for Console.
Translated versions of these patch notes will be published as quickly as possible.

Improvements to Network Infrastructure
Today we will be updating to our latest internal network library. This upgrade does not come without risks, but is a pivotal steps toward having a more reliable service, as well as give us the tools we need to correct connectivity issues more quickly. While this update will not correct all connectivity problems right now, the update to our infrastructure is aimed more towards preparing us for the road ahead. You will see a reduction in connectivity issues in future patches as we continue to utilize these improvements to positively impact your gaming experience!

As this is new technology that we are experimenting with, there is a possibility that we may be forced to perform a roll back to Patch 4.2. If this is the case, we will correct the issue and deploy the changes below in Patch 4.4, prior to the release of Season 4.

Caveira’s Interrogations
Some players would exploit a bug that would prevent Caveira from successfully finishing an interrogation. She has received additional training and will now complete her interrogations regardless of whether or not an enemy player quits.

Anti-Bullying System Activated
As promised, we are continuing to make improvements to our process for identifying and punishing team killers. In Patch 4.3, we have activated an anti-bullying feature. This is intended to prevent players from targeting a teammate and griefing them repeatedly. Players will now suffer the standard team killing penalty after killing the same teammate twice.

As a reminder, the team killing penalties can be found below. Be advised that we do not offer appeals for team killing bans.

First offense:
Casual- Kicked from match.
Ranked- Banned for 15 minutes, 50% Renown penalty for 30 minutes.
Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes.
Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.

BattlEye Update
We have implemented an additional update for BattlEye. This update will not add any programs to the white-list.

Main Bug Fixes
Gameplay
FIXED – If a team surrenders at the end of a round, Renown, Experience, and Rank points are not awarded. (Surrender functionality will be returned in Patch 4.3)
FIXED – Landing a headshot through a wall or barricade would sometimes result in the hit not registering.
FIXED – Players receive Error [2-0x0000E004] when they attempt to join a squad that has a member with an abandon penalty.
FIXED – Reloading is cancelled when going prone.
FIXED – Players are unable to create local custom games when the servers are unreachable.
FIXED – An Attacker that has been overhealed by Doc's Stim Pistol will take 100 damage when triggering Frost’s Welcome Mat.
FIXED – When Barbed Wire overlaps, Operators are able to move through the overlapping sections too quickly while crouched. (The speed for individual sections of Barbed Wire remains unchanged)
FIXED – On the P90, the Muzzle Brake attachment has the same model as the default barrel.
FIXED – Allies are sometimes killed by Claymores.
FIXED – Defenders are able to see the subtitles and hear audio cues when a Claymore is being deployed.
FIXED – Win conditions for Kapkan's EDD and an Attacker's Claymore were inconsistent when the device was responsible for killing the Hostage.
FIXED – Destroying a Black Eye Camera that has been placed under the Defuser will cause the Attackers to lose.
FIXED – Destroying some objects causes them to fall through the floor.
FIXED – Nitro Cells would not cause damage when detonated on top of the blackjack table on Yacht.
FIXED – Nitro Cells are able to injure players through a wall without destroying the wall.
FIXED – Damage can be dealt through a destructible surface without the surface being destroyed.
FIXED – Killing an Enemy AI while they detonate a breaching charge would make the wall invincible.
FIXED – When vaulting and aiming down sights, an Operator's left hand would move erratically.
FIXED – Operator's hands are sometimes not aligned with the weapon they are holding.
FIXED – Angled grips were not placed in the proper location on some weapons.
FIXED – Blood effects are not rendered in the Kill Cam replay for a crouched or prone victim if they were killed with a pistol.
FIXED – Changing the display mode during a replay would make the screen black.
FIXED – Title remains on a black screen if you are disconnected while changing the language.
FIXED – Players are able to rotate headgear on the X axis after rotating weapons on the X axis.
FIXED – Navy SEAL CTU bundle is not available.
FIXED – GSG9 Operator bundle has the same price as the Attacker Operator bundle.
FIXED – Purchasing the Far Cry charm would result in the wrong charm being unlocked.
FIXED – The Far Cry charm cannot be unlocked.

Operators
Bandit
FIXED – If a player is standing within the area of effect for an object charged by Bandit's Shock Wire, this effect will persist through the end of the round.

Buck
FIXED – Buck's Master Key does not reliably destroy walls to allow for vaulting.

Capitao
FIXED – Capitao's 3D model has no eyelids when the Iron Mask is equipped.

Doc
FIXED – Doc does not receive points for healing or overhealing an ally.

IQ
FIXED – IQ's hands would clip through each other when she closes her gadget.
FIXED – Players attempting to climb a ladder with IQ's Gadget deployed will experience rubber banding upon reaching the top of the ladder.

Jager
FIXED – Low level of detail is visible on Jager's headgear.
FIXED – Jager is able to duplicate his ADS Gadget by exploiting high latency.

Mute
FIXED – Mute's Jammers do not prevent Blitz from discharging his Flash Shield as intended.

Rook
FIXED – Rook's head would shake when walking and carrying his Armor Plates. (It's heavy, but not that heavy)

Sledge
FIXED – Sledge is able to breach walls and kill players with his hammer from behind Montagne's extended shield.

Thermite
FIXED – In some instances, Thermite's Exothermic Charge does not properly destroy reinforced walls.

Twitch
FIXED – Shock Drone PDA remains attached to Twitch's hand after leaving the drone view using the "Observational Tool" button or hotkey.
FIXED – Shock Drones are only able to destroy a Claymore from certain angles.

Valkyrie
FIXED – Throwing a Black Eye camera on the dynamic part of an object breaks the object completely. This destruction is not replicated for enemy players.

Level Design
Kanal
FIXED – The wall of the showers in CG1F can be destroyed, providing line of sight to the neighboring stairs. The destruction was not replicated on both sides of the wall. (This would allow players to see a significant portion of the bottom floor without enemies being able to return fire)
FIXED – In the Maps Office, if the floor is shot or a wall is reinforced, it could destroy any gadgets placed in that room.

Oregon
FIXED – Textures in the corner of sandbagged windows disappear when viewed from a distance.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Do it! C'mon, Kill me I'm Here!

https://gfycat.com/DownrightThornyIndigobunting

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

great title :arnie:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AbortRetryFail posted:

4.3 Patch Notes

Nothing in here about unfucking impact grenades not creating vaultable holes/blowing out each side properly?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

4.3 Notes posted:

FIXED – Reloading is cancelled when going prone.

Didn't know this wasn't intended, but thank gently caress.

Playing with goons is forcing me to git gud so it's a lot of fun jumping into poo poo tier casual matchmaking and steamrolling pubs.

https://streamable.com/mb4f

e: and yes I have since updated my steam notification settings :v:

rap music fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 12, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

rap music posted:

Didn't know this wasn't intended, but thank gently caress.

Playing with goons is forcing me to git gud so it's a lot of fun jumping into poo poo tier casual matchmaking and steamrolling pubs.

https://streamable.com/mb4f

e: and yes I have since updated my steam notification settings :v:

Wow nice

I wish my enemies would split off entirely and cover no angles too

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

No fix for blitzs hit box?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Duggler posted:

Wow nice

I wish my enemies would split off entirely and cover no angles too

it's pretty great

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

rap music posted:

it's pretty great

What rank is this at?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Who needs interrogation when you're playing against 5 solo guys.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Forget the action, I wanna know what's going on with that story being told in your steam chat notifications.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

WhatDo posted:

What rank is this at?

Bronzeish.

Vatek posted:

Forget the action, I wanna know what's going on with that story being told in your steam chat notifications.

Oh there is more to the story. A LOT MORE.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I figured the real point of that was to show us the story happening.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I cant tell if your friend works at a bank or was visiting a brothel

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

Basticle posted:

I cant tell if your friend works at a bank or was visiting a brothel

I think at this point the thread deserves to know the whole story.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How's the new patch?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my kinda ape posted:

How's the new patch?

Same as it ever was! Same as it ever was! Same as it ever was! [echoing into infinity]

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Squeegy posted:

Same as it ever was! Same as it ever was! Same as it ever was! [echoing into infinity]

Are you saying they made changes to IQ and House?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
E-Sports Ready™
https://streamable.com/s21e

1on4 Diamond Clutch
https://streamable.com/lllu

//That was both from today, additionaly I had today 8 games were people(12) dropped, plus one game with blatant whler. Pls fix, ranked is not even fun anymore like that.

//2 Cant even post without another bug popping up seconds later. Today is pure comedy gold.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 14, 2016

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Classic - I just never understand someone planting on a hatch. There's no upside!

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Another Day, another Bug.
https://streamable.com/iscg

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Classic - I just never understand someone planting on a hatch. There's no upside!

What exactly happened here? I'm watching it on mobile with no volume if that helps to understand as to why I can't tell.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

drat should i be playing on low settings too? is that more pro?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Zipperelli. posted:

What exactly happened here? I'm watching it on mobile with no volume if that helps to understand as to why I can't tell.

It looks like they planted on a reinforced hatch, then the hatch glitched out and the defuser fell through the hatch. If someone plants on a hatch and you destroy the hatch, that's an auto win. I just can't understand why you would even try it, whether or not you'd reasonably expect the hatch to glitch out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

It looks like they planted on a reinforced hatch, then the hatch glitched out and the defuser fell through the hatch. If someone plants on a hatch and you destroy the hatch, that's an auto win. I just can't understand why you would even try it, whether or not you'd reasonably expect the hatch to glitch out.

because some chance at an autowin is better than no chance at an autowin?

• Locked thread