Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ruggington posted:

50 of the forms will be for greninja

over the line imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

mabels big day posted:

Courtney best girl

I want Courtney to analyze me

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm all for quality over quantity honestly. There's already 700+ of the fuckers already.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Two fun loving, fun looking dirty boys.

But are they rowdy dirty boys??

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Ruggington posted:

gen 6 was the smallest gen with about 70 and 5 was the biggest with 156

So far, including alola forms, we've seen 66. We know the starters each have one more stage, so that's 69. I think its pretty safe to guess that Komala and Pikipek each evolve at least once, maybe twice each. That'd bring us to 71-73 new guys total. Another way to look at it is we have seen, again including alola forms, 44 new lines of pokemon. Counting Rowlett, Dartrix and Robin hoot as 1 line for example. We also have confirmed there is at least 1 new pokemon in the first 2 hours of gameplay that hasn't been revealed yet so that makes 72-74 new individuals, but he could be part of a line we already know of. If this gen were to be small like 6th, we could have seen almost everything already :(

However they seem like they're really going all out with this gen which makes me think/hope well have at least a medium sized dump of like 100 new pokemon.

If we aren't counting Alola forms as new guys though, we've seen 54 new pokemon and 36 new lines.

Ruggington posted:

I completely forgot about ash-greninja. That makes +1 for forms. 73-75 new pokemon so far, if we are guessing pikipek and komala evolve. +3 if we think that all the starters will have 2 third forms each.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 15, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

oddium posted:

alohan marowak will not be good until it puts on some pounds or finds a skull that fits its spindly little body better

I miss fat pikachu. Let pokemon be fat, gamefreak.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Space T Rex posted:

So far, including alola forms, we've seen 66. We know the starters each have one more stage, so that's 69. I think its pretty safe to guess that Komala and Pikipek each evolve at least once, maybe twice each. That'd bring us to 71-73 new guys total. Another way to look at it is we have seen, again including alola forms, 44 new lines of pokemon. Counting Rowlett, Dartrix and Robin hoot as 1 line for example. We also have confirmed there is at least 1 new pokemon in the first 2 hours of gameplay that hasn't been revealed yet so that makes 72-74 new individuals, but he could be part of a line we already know of. If this gen were to be small like 5th, we could have seen almost everything already :(

However they seem like they're really going all out with this gen which makes me think/hope well have at least a medium sized dump of like 100 new pokemon.

If we aren't counting Alola forms as new guys though, we've seen 54 new pokemon and 36 new lines.

I completely forgot about ash-greninja. That makes +1 for forms. 73-75 new pokemon so far, if we are guessing pikipek and komala evolve. +3 if we think that all the starters will have 2 third forms each.

I should note that there are definitely some they haven't shown. Even with a good 50+ of Gen VI's pokemon getting revealed beforehand, most of the Megas and stuff like Goomy etc were still hidden until release.

I remember some goon revealed Goomy in the old thread and we had like a day an a half of wild speculation trying to figure out how to get it to evolve into Goodra. Good Times.

My guess is we'll settle somewhere in the 100-120 range including Alola forms.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

please be happy for their healthy life style choices

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I counted things like alola raichu and marowak as new lines but im not sure i should have. Im not sure if thats a new line or not. its like a new branch of a line since we dont know if there are alola pikachus and cubones

E: oh wait only gen 7 cubones can become alola marowaks so gen 7 cubones are kind of like identical starts to a new line. So yes theyre new lines entirely i guess. sure why not

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ruggington posted:

alohan marowak is so skinny you can literally see its bones

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

alolan marowak is a ghost and also dead.

:spooky:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Tired Moritz posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

how long have you been holding on to this

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Faticate is the best and I want to feed him cake.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Pokemon with dual types will instead have percentages of each type, affecting resistances and attack multipliers accordingly. Most will be 50/50 but for example Dodrio is more Normal than Flying. It'll be very easy and not complex at all.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Ruggington posted:

I'm out

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Considering that Silvally exists now, I wonder if Arceus will play a bigger role in the Gen IV remakes (if those are going to exist) like with how Deoxys was available in-game in ORAS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dr. Fetus posted:

Considering that Silvally exists now, I wonder if Arceus will play a bigger role in the Gen IV remakes (if those are going to exist) like with how Deoxys was available in-game in ORAS.

oddium, september 6th, 2016 posted:

transfer arceustwo to Endless Diamond/Cosmic Pearl to start the hall of origins event

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gen 4 will be remade, which sucks cause it's easily my least fav generation and yet i will still buy it

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Being a fake gamer boy and not playing gen 3-6 (some Diamond), did a lot of these gens have connecting stories or did they all kind of stand on their own? I just don't want to have to pop in here and ask about every story thing that Sun and Moon might call back to in the previous gens.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Willsun posted:

Being a fake gamer boy and not playing gen 3-6 (some Diamond), did a lot of these gens have connecting stories or did they all kind of stand on their own? I just don't want to have to pop in here and ask about every story thing that Sun and Moon might call back to in the previous gens.

Besides the stuff in the Delta episode alluding to the old games and the stuff in Gen 2 where Johto connected to Kanto there's no real connections directly between the games at all. There's some quick references here and there where they mention other regions or passingly mention one of the other professors but that's about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Willsun posted:

they're all standalone, except black and white have direct sequels, but even then you can play B2/W2 without playing the first ones and get what's going on

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Alright whew. I mean I get it in that they would make for cool continuity, but I'd be pretty left out. I'm just reminded of this because Pokemon's Youtube has those Generations episodes and I wondered if any of them are like precursors to what might happen or get resolved in Sun and Moon since they're all kinda cliffhanger-ish.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, literally everything in those shorts has been resolved in the games.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there is a timeline for when each game takes place and there are references made to previous games occasionally, for example dpp opens with your mother watching a news story about the lake of rage red gyarados incident as its happening. but they largely are standalone aside from the direct sequels. its mostly just cute stuff to tie everything together.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

StrifeHira posted:

Team Skull is the best Team.

get dunked on

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah I remember Lake of Rage being a thing sorta early on in G/S but what's that deal with Giovanni and Silver? I don't remember some storyline about Giovanni confronting his son not-Sasuke-from-Naruto.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Some light news at the Milan Games Week, someone saw the mockups of the back the Sun and Moon boxes, confirming that Drampa and Turtonator are single stage Pokemon and may even be version exclusive.

https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/787324997136179200

Also, Alolan Form plushes coming to a Japanese store nowhere near you!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

silver being giovanni's son was hinted in the post-game for fr/lg and was a part of the celebi event in hgss

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Turtonator is cool but thank god I get Drampa!!

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

Ruggington posted:

silver being giovanni's son was hinted in the post-game for fr/lg and was a part of the celebi event in hgss

G/S are the only pokemon games I've never played, so until HGSS came out, I had always assumed that the "red-haired" individual rumored to be Giovanni's son in that book from FRLG was Lance

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
also, according to the Delta episode of ORAS, gen 6 takes places in a "different dimension"/timeline than gens 3-5, with the main difference between the two dimensions being (XY spoilers) the war in Kalos 3000 years ago that sorta spawned the discovery/useage of Mega Evolution never happened in gens3-5... but it happened in gen 3 remakes..

Incidentally, the way that whole thing plays out sort of also explains why Deoxys wasn't catchable in RSE :v

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i thought it was just oras that are in an alt universe and xy are the same universe as always

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well oras has all the xy stuff and they're supposed to take place at the same time

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Crosspeice posted:

Some light news at the Milan Games Week, someone saw the mockups of the back the Sun and Moon boxes, confirming that Drampa and Turtonator are single stage Pokemon and may even be version exclusive.

https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/787324997136179200

Also, Alolan Form plushes coming to a Japanese store nowhere near you!

Wait, how does the box confirm that Drampa and Turtonator are single stage?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ruggington posted:

No!

Pikachu eat the cake. Eat ALL OF THE CAKE! Snorlax eats all the cake and he's way better than you. You want to be strong as Snorlax don't you?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Spatula City posted:

Wait, how does the box confirm that Drampa and Turtonator are single stage?

The Pokedex shows if a Pokemon has additional evolutions when you register it. Since both Drampa and Turtonator are smack bang in the centre, instead of being on either the left or right, then they have no evolutions.

It's also how we know there's two Pikipek evolutions (though that was obvious) and that there's no new Eevee evolution since it was surrounded by 7 questions marks.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Crosspeice posted:

The Pokedex shows if a Pokemon has additional evolutions when you register it. Since both Drampa and Turtonator are smack bang in the centre, instead of being on either the left or right, then they have no evolutions.

I don't know how you guys can make that out on this picture. Maybe my phone's doing something weird with scaling but it's way too grainy on my end to make out a detail like that.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

It's also how we know there's two Pikipek evolutions (though that was obvious) and that there's no new Eevee evolution since it was surrounded by 7 questions marks.

The "Registered" screen shot it shows normally happens and then the image scales down and it shows how it places in the pokedex, revealing if it has evolutions, iirc. I don't think this screen shot confirms theyre standalones. Although they have both always given me that vibe and I'm inclined to think they are regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I just hope that Turtonator has good stats