Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Where would I find the blast radius for Explosive legendary weapons? Wanna tone it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Where would I find the blast radius for Explosive legendary weapons? Wanna tone it down.
mod_Legendary_ExplosiveProjectileExplosion 001E73BB

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Has anyone made a choke for shotguns under the muzzle mods? I want my shotgun surgeon back. :(

Actually, a nice shotgun mod would be good too. I wish for something like the Saiga. The IF-88 is alright, but I wish it didn't have that stupid carry handle ruining the ironsights view, and the catalyst looks a bit odd to me.

e: I love the increased spawns mod.

There was actually more than this, but I got a lucky grenade out.

The rest were SCARred for life.

Falken fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 10, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Falken posted:

Has anyone made a choke for shotguns under the muzzle mods? I want my shotgun surgeon back. :(

Actually, a nice shotgun mod would be good too. I wish for something like the Saiga. The IF-88 is alright, but I wish it didn't have that stupid carry handle ruining the ironsights view, and the catalyst looks a bit odd to me.

e: I love the increased spawns mod.

There was actually more than this, but I got a lucky grenade out.

The rest were SCARred for life.

Doesn't the IF-88 have a version without the carry handle? I seem to recall one of those.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

When trying to place some of the larger objects that come with homemaker and/or snap 'n build, the camera placing is kind of clumsy. Is there a sort of overhead mode so I can draw walls more easily, and orient prefab houses onto foundations?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Why the heck would all my saves be corrupt and then the game crash on trying to create an exitsave?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Saint Sputnik posted:

Why the heck would all my saves be corrupt and then the game crash on trying to create an exitsave?

It's times like these that I think we need a Bethesda emote like the :dice: one.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mage_Boy posted:

It's times like these that I think we need a Bethesda emote like the :dice: one.

I was about to say that was a Games For Windows Live bug I had all the time, but then I remembered what thread I'm in. WTF?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hambilderberglar posted:

When trying to place some of the larger objects that come with homemaker and/or snap 'n build, the camera placing is kind of clumsy. Is there a sort of overhead mode so I can draw walls more easily, and orient prefab houses onto foundations?

Have you tried typing tcl in console and doing it from the air?

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Have you tried typing tcl in console and doing it from the air?
Oh. Duh. I was even helpfully recommended a mod that enables console in survival! :saddowns:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if you turn off collision off things get kind of janky in workshop mode, though. Can't grab items that you just placed until you toggle it again, items won't snap, etc.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Is there some sorta 'Oldblivion' equivalent for FO4? The game had been playing ok, but now it's getting stuck on black loading screens and I thought it might be because of my rather inferior rig.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Midnight Voyager posted:

Doesn't the IF-88 have a version without the carry handle? I seem to recall one of those.
I don't think so. However I just tried out the Catalyst and quite like it, plus you can put a choke on it and also load it up with explosive ammunition.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Falken posted:

I don't think so. However I just tried out the Catalyst and quite like it, plus you can put a choke on it and also load it up with explosive ammunition.

I just looked at it, it has a no handle version. You just have to pick that one in the installer.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Is there a good alternative to the perk/skill rebalance mod in the OP that doesn't require the Far Harbour DLC? I would just go and buy it but £20 is a bit steep for a single chunk of content.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm about to do Far Harbor for the first time. I generally go everywhere in power armor now. Should I take my power armor, or will there be a new set that I get earlier in the DLC, and bringing my own prevents me from collecting another frame to decorate my house with?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So, question for anyone here who's tried FROST: Is it like DUST from NV in that you have to start all over if you die, or does it just plop you back at a previous save?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm about to do Far Harbor for the first time. I generally go everywhere in power armor now. Should I take my power armor, or will there be a new set that I get earlier in the DLC, and bringing my own prevents me from collecting another frame to decorate my house with?

There are two sets of unique power armor in Far Harbor. As for how early you find them, well, that's up to you. :v:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Kumaton posted:

So, question for anyone here who's tried FROST: Is it like DUST from NV in that you have to start all over if you die, or does it just plop you back at a previous save?

It uses Survival difficulty, so the mechanics are the same: if you die, you are restored to the last time you slept in a bed, mattress, or sleeping bag.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Crocoswine posted:

There are two sets of unique power armor in Far Harbor. As for how early you find them, well, that's up to you. :v:

It all depends on your character's moxie. :v:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

FROST is so drat good. The new sewer content leaves a lot to be desired, and it sucks I have to find an interior cell somewhere to survive radstorms even if I'm in a settlement, but the difficulty level is great and I've had more than a few moments of sheer terror where the difference between life and having to restart from my last sleeping location was a handful of bullets, a sliver of AP, or a morsel of mole rat meat.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

Companions can wear power armor,
more importantly, they can be ordered out of it.
besides, you can always just grab the armor and leave the frame to pick up later.
You are not prevented from returning to and from the mainland after the initial ....stuff.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 12, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So, this is fun. Found a random unfamiliar folder just now, with a chinese name. Virus and malware scans return no results, and they're empty with no hidden files or folders, so I don't even know where to start with this. Anyone had anything like this?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Davoren posted:

So, this is fun. Found a random unfamiliar folder just now, with a chinese name. Virus and malware scans return no results, and they're empty with no hidden files or folders, so I don't even know where to start with this. Anyone had anything like this?

Mod Organizer 2 does something similar in my users profile folder.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Same here. Just deleted them all to see if they come back.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Didn't realise, I'd posted this requestin the main thread instead of here, but is anyone using any different weapon balance mods besides Weapon Balance Overhaul? It doesn't look like it's updating anytime soon and there's a whole lot of DLC released between then and now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kokoro Wish posted:

Didn't realise, I'd posted this requestin the main thread instead of here, but is anyone using any different weapon balance mods besides Weapon Balance Overhaul? It doesn't look like it's updating anytime soon and there's a whole lot of DLC released between then and now.

I'd kill for a Weapon Balance Overhaul update.

Feels like all the DLC weapons are either ridiculously OP or junk at this stage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have a very niche mod request. Does anyone know if there are some mods that try to clean up the outfits in the game? Like, abraxo washed and all the torn hems sewn back? There are some outfits like the Ratty Dress that look great but also tattered, and I'd like to see some non tattered versions.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Davoren posted:

There was a bug in a past version of Mod Organizer 2 beta that caused this to happen. Fix was to download some random file TanninOne posted on the issues tracker. I would assume that it has been rolled into the latest release, so nothing to worry about if you've already updated.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gridlocked posted:

I'd kill for a Weapon Balance Overhaul update.

Feels like all the DLC weapons are either ridiculously OP or junk at this stage.

my new laptop is literally shipping today! So like, it'll happen soonish!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Whenever I crouch, I'm getting what looks like polygons from my character's face clipping on the side of the screens. Should I bump my FOV down or up?

tehfata
May 1, 2010

Singing Sunflower posted:

There was a bug in a past version of Mod Organizer 2 beta that caused this to happen. Fix was to download some random file TanninOne posted on the issues tracker. I would assume that it has been rolled into the latest release, so nothing to worry about if you've already updated.

If it hasn't yet it won't be now, unless someone else picks up development, now that Tannin's working for Nexus

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

The Iron Rose posted:

my new laptop is literally shipping today! So like, it'll happen soonish!

I didn't realise it was a goon mod. It's a good mod too. Single shot rifles might need toning down a touch though.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

I didn't realise it was a goon mod. It's a good mod too. Single shot rifles might need toning down a touch though.

Yeah that's going in my next patch. Single shot rifles were so aggressively terrible in the base game that I cranked them way up to compensate. The hunting rifle is definitely getting a nerf next time around.

The combat rifle too I think. It's an absurdly, ludicrously powerful weapon in the base game. Given that my balancing is relative to base weapon values, it was quite tricky to figure out how to work around it. It'll likely get a small damage and Rate of Fire nerf too I think.

Dlc weapons may take a hit longer, simply because I've not yet had a chance to play with them yet. But my laptop is getting here on the 18th, so expect something before the end of the month.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Okay, weird bug. I use Mod Organizer 2, and all of these are when the programs are launched from Mod Organizer 2. If I use FO4Edit (to patch leveled lists, etc) Fallout 4 will crash within the first few seconds, I have to reinstall Mod Organizer to make it work. Did I possible set up my executables wrong? I didn't put any arguments in the launcher.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
If I were to do a small personal mod that nerfed the vision part of the stealth perks a bit (I have 3 points in stealth and it's getting pretty ridiculous how blind the enemies are now), what variable would I have to edit?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Smol posted:

If I were to do a small personal mod that nerfed the vision part of the stealth perks a bit (I have 3 points in stealth and it's getting pretty ridiculous how blind the enemies are now), what variable would I have to edit?

One aspect of the Darker Nights mod modifies enemy stealth detection; you may want to take a look at that for how the author does it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Smol posted:

If you open up the relevant perks in the CK you'll be able to see the relevant bits you'd need to alter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Smol posted:

See this bugs me because with maxed out stealth I can't seem to sneak up on a blind, dead brick.