Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Donald Trump straight up admits to sexual assault, and when some women come forward accusing him of the behaviour he himself admitted to, people still call them liars.

Anyone else feel like they're living in some horrific Twilight Zone dream this election? Fake hit pieces and conspiracies about Hillary, but ignoring credible accusations about admitted wrongdoings by Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

JVNO posted:

Donald Trump straight up admits to sexual assault, and when some women come forward accusing him of the behaviour he himself admitted to, people still call them liars.

Anyone else feel like they're living in some horrific Twilight Zone dream this election? Fake hit pieces and conspiracies about Hillary, but ignoring credible accusations about admitted wrongdoings by Trump.
Ugh. I just had to hang up on a good friend who started yelling at me. We had agreed that talking politics was bad for friendships and then he kept throwing out basic RWM FW:FW:FW: talking points. As I shot them down, he started putting words in my mouth, defeating arguments I never made, and telling me how sorry I'd be under "Hillary's reign." Then he said he couldn't talk to me anymore if I was going to act this way. I straight-up told him "You are the one bringing this poo poo up. I am not. We can talk about anything else! Anything!"
Exactly like talking to a brick wall. While he was threatening not to talk to me anymore I hung up.

He wins, I guess. I'm pretty sure I lose, anyway.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

JVNO posted:

It's even better than that because not even a week before Trump was touting Bill Clinton's accusers and his campaign was retweeting a tweet from Hillary about how all victims deserve to be heard. "YES, ALL VICTIMS DESERVE TO BE HEARD!" they tweeted.

Then Trump accusers came forward and it's all, "Those lying sluts should shut up."

:ironicat:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I just received this on my FB

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If you want to see what every alt-right totally-not-white-supremacist youtuber will be vlogging about over the weekend, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

Those comments are something else

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

pillsburysoldier posted:

As opposed to the video itself...?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pillsburysoldier posted:

If you want to see what every alt-right totally-not-white-supremacist youtuber will be vlogging about over the weekend, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

she has a point even if it's badly articulated and couched in a young people college questioning without being equipped with a broad set of facts perspective

the problem is that this is 100% entirely perfectly oriented to piss off the hundreds of thousands of rationalistic fetishist atheists that infest the internet. the kind of dudes who make half hour videos ranting about the superiority of atheism. all of them will hate this video

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Has this election been 18 months of painful slog, trudging towards Bethlehem? Are you sick of hearing about Trump/Clinton? Too bad suckas

Which hillary

because you terrorist freaks threaten to kill her constantly and somehow still have second amendment rights

words in her mouth

No flag pin. /faints

\
condolences on your compaction cycle Glenn

dangerous violent email criminals threatening our airspace
(the no-fly list is garbage)

?????
profit

Trump accusers are liars, Clinton accusers are saints. In fact, did you know Clinton accusers are the only women on this earth who have actually been raped? Everyone else is lying whores looking for attention and ruining poor innocent locker room men

copypasta
"Why are you voting for Hillary when you consider these lies I'm spreading about her?"

Well that's...blunt.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Defenestration posted:

Has this election been 18 months of painful slog, trudging towards Bethlehem? Are you sick of hearing about Trump/Clinton? Too bad suckas

Which hillary

This one I think bothers me the most of what I have seen so far. Like I can understand having valid reservations about her stances on TPP and such, but talking about how she changed her political stances from 15+ years ago is such a bunch of bullshit.

Go back 10+ years and I'm guessing we all held some pretty stupid beliefs.

Edit: Upon actually looking at that meme I realize I was wrong. I saw a different version posted on someones facebook that had different policy positions she has had over the past 30 years instead of "Scandals." I am trying to find it but so far haven't had any luck.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 15, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
why are they mad she blamed homeowners for the housing crash, isn' the right party line that too many poor people had mortgages?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Defenestration posted:

Which hillary

because you terrorist freaks threaten to kill her constantly and somehow still have second amendment rights

words in her mouth

No flag pin. /faints

\
condolences on your compaction cycle Glenn

dangerous violent email criminals threatening our airspace
(the no-fly list is garbage)

?????
profit

Trump accusers are liars, Clinton accusers are saints. In fact, did you know Clinton accusers are the only women on this earth who have actually been raped? Everyone else is lying whores looking for attention and ruining poor innocent locker room men

copypasta
"Why are you voting for Hillary when you consider these lies I'm spreading about her?"

Well that's...blunt.

The racist propaganda that's going around now would make WW2 anti-Japanese cartoonists blanch.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but how about a good facebook post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD6AthMaABw

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Someone I know posted this dumb poo poo on Facebook. Right now my plan is to play real dumb and then accuse them of wanting women in burka's and being an advocate of sharia law.

My Facebook Response posted:

I don't really see the connection here. Trump claimed that he committed sexual assault and then women he sexually assaulted confirmed that Trump's claims about himself were true. He seemed pretty proud of it so he should be happy that dozens of women proved his boasting wasn't a lie.

Has Beyonce committed a crime I'm not aware of? She's a successful rich person who is talented and also works hard. Seems like a pretty good role model.

boner confessor posted:

why are they mad she blamed homeowners for the housing crash, isn' the right party line that too many poor people had mortgages?

They don't really have principles so they just throw every accusation in the hopes that one might stick.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

But why would they want to? We have all the goats they could ever need. :confused:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

ErIog posted:

They don't really have principles so they just throw every accusation in the hopes that one might stick.

It seems to be working with at least some of the former Bernie supporters- accuse Hillary of something the Bernie voters violently oppose, then watch them run into the arms of Trump or Johnson who oppose everything they stand for. Or at least demoralize them to the point of not voting.

It's a messed up election cycle.

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 15, 2016

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

boner confessor posted:

EPORW is the Platonic ideal of concern trolling.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

boner confessor posted:

the problem is that this is 100% entirely perfectly oriented to piss off the hundreds of thousands of rationalistic fetishist atheists that infest the internet. the kind of dudes who make half hour videos ranting about the superiority of atheism. all of them will hate this video

Yup! So get ready for that, they're going to be coming soon

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

ErIog posted:

Someone I know posted this dumb poo poo on Facebook. Right now my plan is to play real dumb and then accuse them of wanting women in burka's and being an advocate of sharia law.

The picture on the right is a performance of Beyonce singing about having consensual sex with her own husband. Trump openly spoke about committing sexual assault against women. How is that the same thing? Oh, wait! They don't know what consent or social context is.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

boner confessor posted:

Not quite. They think that when the liberals told the banks that they weren't allowed to engage in redlining, that they were actually forcing the banks to give loans to people who couldn't afford them.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I just ran into this same crap this morning courtesy of my cousin, who I'm indescribably disappointed to see defending it:

My Cousin posted:

Hypocrisy has a funny way of rearing its ugly head during election time....!

A different cousin (my favorite one :)) married an English teacher, and they're the last bastion of sanity in my family at this point. Her husband saw the comment and had to jump in:

English Teacher posted:

This comparison isn't legitimate. The two people are very different.
The difference is control. Beyonce is in control of her body. Trump is taking control away by assaulting women.

To my eye, a pretty reasonable rebuttal. This was not taken well......

My Cousin posted:

Yes, the difference is control over ones body. I get that. However, my point is that the same action being spoken of by Trump that Michelle cannot understand being spoken of is actually being displayed by Beyoncé as a crude public act that she's getting paid to do - publicly grabbing her crotch and using extremely foul language against women and men in her lyrics. Trump said rude and crude words to another man when he thought it was a private conversation. Beyoncé's behavior is not that of a role model and neither is Trumps behavior. This is legitimate and to me, total hypocrisy by Michelle Obama being quoted that Beyoncé is a role model for her daughters. With all due respect Chris, I usually keep my opinion to myself and the very FEW times that I do comment, you're right there with yours. That comes across as internet trolling. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and take on a situation. However, I'm not trying to shove mine down anyone's throat or constantly trying to prove everyone else's political views as being any less valuable than my own.

It completely derailed from there when I pointed out it's far more disrespectful and dismissive to call his response simply "trolling", dissolving into personal attacks and anti-intellectualist nonsense (I'm "pompous" for using words beyond a 6th grade reading level).

This election cycle is just bring all of the crazy in my family out into the open. I've been disowned for calling my father and stepmom racist (for posting racist poo poo....they don't deny this, I'm just the bad guy here for pointing it out and not "respecting that others have different opinions"). I guess they've always been this way, but were rightfully ashamed of it. Now they stand up and shout it and dare anyone to contradict them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

constantIllusion posted:

The picture on the right is a performance of Beyonce singing about having consensual sex with her own husband. Trump openly spoke about committing sexual assault against women. How is that the same thing? Oh, wait! They don't know what consent or social context is.

See Limbaugh's rant about consent.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

BaronVonVaderham posted:

My Cousin posted:
Yes, the difference is control over ones body. I get that. However, my point is that the same action being spoken of by Trump that Michelle cannot understand being spoken of is actually being displayed by Beyoncé as a crude public act that she's getting paid to do - publicly grabbing her crotch and using extremely foul language against women and men in her lyrics. Trump said rude and crude words to another man when he thought it was a private conversation. Beyoncé's behavior is not that of a role model and neither is Trumps behavior. This is legitimate and to me, total hypocrisy by Michelle Obama being quoted that Beyoncé is a role model for her daughters. With all due respect Chris, I usually keep my opinion to myself and the very FEW times that I do comment, you're right there with yours. That comes across as internet trolling. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and take on a situation. However, I'm not trying to shove mine down anyone's throat or constantly trying to prove everyone else's political views as being any less valuable than my own.

Your cousin gets the point and then throws the point away.

He also has lovely, lovely opinions.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Rick_Hunter posted:

Your cousin gets the point and then throws the point away.

He also has lovely, lovely opinions.

I feel like it makes it so much worse that it's she, not he.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Defenestration posted:

Well that's...blunt.

Heheheh Ahaheheh. This rules, what the gently caress? A warning from someone who is genuinely worried. It's just so simple and direct, no gray areas here.
I cannot stop giggling when I look at this.

e-Ahh I figured it out, it's the trustworthy, earnest smile. :)

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 15, 2016

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Complaint Compilation posted:

Heheheh Ahaheheh. This rules, what the gently caress? A warning from someone who is genuinely worried. It's just so simple and direct, no gray areas here.
I cannot stop giggling when I look at this.

e-Ahh I figured it out, it's the trustworthy, earnest smile. :)
I think it's the idea that people who want to hump goats also want to hump your daughters thousands of miles overseas. Hillary is totes cool with that

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Defenestration posted:

I think it's the idea that people who want to hump goats also want to hump your daughters thousands of miles overseas. Hillary is totes cool with that

Thanks, now I can hear her saying it in my head.
"I support ISIS. I will allow goathumpers to rape your daughters."
A winning smile while warm applause fills the rally.
:shobon:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

methinks you haven't quite understood this system

not sure how to cancel the welfare checks of teenagers

Dems are trying to rehab Globalist Bush (and family) to prove some point about how moderate republicans should vote Clinton, but meanwhile he's on the wrong end of the stick.
Go left, Hillary.

Charlie Daniels finally getting some new material

Clint Eastwood Triptych

And Kennedy's dead...
Ok that's kind of a clever turn of phrase

DDOG posts a macro of the pledge on EPORW every morning. I figure you all find that too boring to repost

laws

old chestnut, new image

or we could talk about the military ethos of torture Sarah

Drunk slobs = elegant

wait what's this doing here, I already--oh shucks

MURTHER

someone think of the lawn ornaments!

Paul Ryan you dumb bastard

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

How do you guys find all of this stuff and not go crazy?
I'm imagining something like this-

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 15, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Complaint Compilation posted:

How do you find all of this stuff and not go crazy?

It's conveniently all in one place, so you can limit your exposure time.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

In case you missed it, thread hero David Clarke is now literally advocating for riots:

https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/787314656641712128

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Aw I thought Clint Eastwood was only acting :(

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Side effects may include depression, however.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Defenestration posted:

not sure how to cancel the welfare checks of teenagers

It's ok, that one has gold fringe anyway.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Gen. Ripper posted:

In case you missed it, thread hero David Clarke is now literally advocating for riots:

Who sets up stock photo sessions for riots and who do they expect to sell it to?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Zephyrine posted:

Aw I thought Clint Eastwood was only acting :(

I really liked Million Dollar Baby. I thought it was a real good movie with a really positive and empowered female protagonist.

Then we get to how the protagonist's mother is receiving welfare/social services and is depicted as complete scum and I'm just like, :sigh:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gen. Ripper posted:

Not enough black people in here to be a riot. Also lol at whoever made this refusing to arm any of the black people in the picture. "We want menacing, not poo poo your pants, scary!"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

To be fair that woman in the video talking about the decolonization of science had some really poor examples. To hear her talk you'd think that

a) she believes magicians can shoot lighting bolts

b) Newton and the idea of gravity are inextricably bound and we have to throw out both.

I don't know it's not great whenever you have to say that someone you're defending didn't express themselves well because you run into problems with divining intentions etcetera. Newton was a notorious prick and the English were prolific colonizers and I'm sure tons of people would be willing to distance themselves from them, but you don't throw out F=ma and it sounds like that's what she's saying.

It is a little rich that she's talking about the sciences decolonizing themselves even if it means building up from the ground and she's saying that in English. Like, gee going back and decolonizing the humanities would mean learning a different language maybe, and wouldn't that be a huge pain and unrealistic.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well I saw this in the wild

quote:

get the gently caress out of here with that horse poo poo. it's idiotic and deserves to be ridiculed, and now that darth scalia is finally loving dead, it matters even loving more
Which party is it that hates gay marriage? Hillary that accepts large donations from the Saudis that hang people for simply being gay. Or Hillary who arms "moderate rebels" in Syria that have ended up razing towns to rubble and killing all Christians, gays and Muslims that don't agree with their extremist ideology. Hillary that wants to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees, many of which bring with them ideology against gays from their homelands hardline Islamic ideology. Hillary who had the father of the Orlando gay nightclub shooter at her rally.

Which one ?

I won't bother piecing through all the other bullshit you spewed but when has Trump said anything against black people. If anything black people are most affected by hoardes of illegal migrants flooding the labor markets. Statistically speaking they are more likely to be in the low-end manual labor jobs than other demographics, jobs which see layoffs and wage compression as the labor pool increases from it's current state to more and more workers are available with the same finite amount of jobs that need to be done, wages go down and an already dire situation in the black community gets worse. He has endorsements from Mike Tyson, Ben Carson and many other black people. Ones that have fought adversity to attain success and realize that the victim complex perpetuated by the Democratic party is not helpful to the community.

The shitholes in Paterson, Newark, Camden all near you have been Democratic strongholds for years and do they see any improvement from violence and poverty? Newark spent more per student than any other school district in the nation yet sees no benefits from the higher spending. Chicago? Where is all this improvement from the $12 packs of cigarettes I buy here ($5 or $6 of which is pure tax), or the money they're raising from $500 tickets from red light cameras and all manner of other desperate measures to raise money to fix the deficit. Instead all the ills of the black community get blamed on discrimination, or white Republicans advocating for gun rights, anything but the community themselves. Then you have $60,000 per year colleges that fed us all this narrative of "white privledge". My girlfriend has even bought into this bullshit. Whenever she brings it up I tell her Asian Americans bring in about $60,000 per year in earnings on average, much higher than white Americans average earnings so there must be Asian privilege then. Or how about the $100,000+ that the average Jewish American earns, can we speak about Jewish privlege as well then. Didn't think so, I'd be chucked out of class for being anti-Semitic if I brought that up.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

On the other hand:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Well I'm voting for 2015 Hillary, she seems pretty cool.