Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm only like level 50 in DSIII but i have to say my favorite bosses ever are def ornstein and smough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
final boss: solaire, the lord of sunlight

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Action Tortoise posted:

I could never kill solaire

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

For maximum feels the very last boss should be that tutorial encounter in Demons Souls thats unwinnable but now you can beat the dragon god

but you already killed dragon god later in demon's souls...

Soral
May 30, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

id rather fall on my own blade

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the workout thread title is super appropriate since it seems like ill play for a bit, kill a boss, then start sucking until I take a rest day then suddenly start making progress again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

3v3 are ena confirmed in dlc btw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

For maximum feels the very last boss should be that tutorial encounter in Demons Souls thats unwinnable but now you can beat the dragon god

you can beat that boss. its actually really easy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
unless u mean the actual dragon. but you can beat that thing too, in its lair.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

unless u mean the actual dragon. but you can beat that thing too, in its lair.

I meant the dragon that does the cutscene kill. And yeah you fight it later but I'm thinking you should kill it and then another even bigger badass shows up or something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

3v3 are ena confirmed in dlc btw

meh, I always found the arena pvp the least compelling part of the previous souls games

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The arena system everyone ignored in DS1 only to set up fight clubs literally on its doorstep ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The arena system everyone ignored in DS1 only to set up fight clubs literally on its doorstep ftw

Lol yeah

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I made a pyromancy guy after beating Scholar of the First Sin and now I'm having a hoot reaping Forked Pale Tongues in Catacombs of Carthus.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i did a guy who was mostly just a combat dude that has some pyro mixed in, but a pure pyro caster w/ very limited melee would be an interesting build. due to the way pyro scales, you'd also get to try out basically every spell too...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
holy poo poo they're patching poise :stare: and a million other balance changes in the pre-DLC patch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

:staredog: siiiiiiiiick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

holy poo poo they're patching poise :stare: and a million other balance changes in the pre-DLC patch

Can a brother get some patch notes?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Game
Of
The
Year

E: patvh notes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1249464298459945&substory_index=0&id=119869331419453

jyrque fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 17, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In Training posted:

Can a brother get some patch notes?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/57wq5l/app_version_108_official_patchnotes/

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, RIP that astora greatsword rolling attack

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the animations are already gorgeous and now they're improving them all... amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, RIP that astora greatsword rolling attack

Yeah lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda liked that the game didn't have poise but I understand people like to play like slow lame tanks for some reason so "let them eat cake" as Marie Antoinette famously said

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i wish more weapons had hyperarmor attacks or at least that weapon arts didnt cost FP, since that's the only hyperarmor attack that light and medium weapons have, and the hyperarmor disappears once your focus meter's empty.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

So what did Poise turn out to be actually doing, was it the hyperarmor frames or was there something else to it?

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
so is this game better than DS2? i dont wanna play a substandard Dark Souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

discount cathouse posted:

Yeah def. not as good as bloodborne but still good

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah def. not as good as bloodborne but still good

i havent played bloodborne yet but im gonna get a ps4 slim eventually. im just sad its not on pc with deece framerates.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

So what did Poise turn out to be actually doing, was it the hyperarmor frames or was there something else to it?

it works in tandem with hyperarmor frames on certain attacks. your poise number gets multiplied by a hyperarmor value (say, 1.5x for a glaive 2h attack) to give you a number that is how much damage you can take before being staggered during that attack.

there's quirks like your poise armor takes like 30 seconds to refill on its own, but will roll over and refill as soon as youre staggered, and some weapons also seem to do more damage to other players poise than others, etc

this has all of the info for the specific timings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j_V6bqG87xOKjMwQLlfOQ2kEsMZyVCBPv0WV6xgciWo/edit#gid=153914695

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

thank you that document looks really cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

discount cathouse posted:

It's loving great dude

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to be a big fat idiot and punch weaklings around with my slab of raw iron

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I want to be a big fat idiot and punch weaklings around with my slab of raw iron

Berserk musou comes out next year

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I meant the dragon that does the cutscene kill. And yeah you fight it later but I'm thinking you should kill it and then another even bigger badass shows up or something

this should be how boss rush works - if u kill the tutorial boss u have to fight the next boss in line, and so on until u have beaten every boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the dlc arena thing sounds so sick. the next few weeks are gonna be multiplayer heaven

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the dlc arena thing sounds so sick. the next few weeks are gonna be multiplayer heaven

irithyll is already a nuthouse for pvp so i can't wait for this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ironically I think musou games don't feel powerful at all. You beat up hundreds and thousands of dudes with a single punch but you might as well just throws a feather duster around. In Dark Souls 2H weapons feel powerful and good because they do huge damage with a heavy looking swing.

*mashes square while berserker sword hits an enemy and drops their health by 1% and tosses them around*

No thank you

*takes a loving week of pumping iron to throw a single punch that kills the entire universe in one hit*

I FEEL ALIVE

• Locked thread