Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

seiferguy posted:

With the announcement that they're upgrading the servers for 4.0, I'm holding out hope for better pings.

Better servers don't equate to better routing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna laugh if the Scarlet Witch shirt is actually a teaser for Magitek Knights (Celes/Kefka) and not Red Mage. YoshiP's the same guy who wore a Bond shirt to tease MCH after all.

If this were true I'd switch the instant Stormblood hit and never look back.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

ilifinicus posted:

they are, but cleeng is absolutely stupid. scroll to the end of the first video and it will go to the next clip once you play through the remaining bits of the first clip.

Oh poo poo, thanks for that!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I know it's only PvP, but the next match might be interesting. It's the dev team versus the tournament winners (I think? I only just got back).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the translated japanese names are kinda better

Blue Heaven Ishgard is decidedly worse than Heavensward

The only ones that are better are The Last Roar (which is insanely better than Revenge of the Horde, holy poo poo) and Those Who Inherit The Soul (because Soul Surrender is kind of boring).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Dev team was decimated and posed at, 4 people now under arrest for murder

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

4.0 main story branches depending on which job you are using?

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Eight-Six posted:

Dev team was decimated and posed at, 4 people now under arrest for murder

#FreeKingStefan

For real. That was a slaughter.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
We've always known that YoshiP and Koji Fox were not particularly great at their own game, and PvP is loving vicious.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

More confirmation that you will be able to bring squadron recruits into at least some dungeons as replacements for party members.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't remember the last time devs were better than good players in any game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If wrestling ring, why square? - OF

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

"If you like this, please destroy your chocobo house."

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Emalde posted:

"If you like this, please destroy your chocobo house."

Your house will gain the ability to scare away your neighbors with its soulless, unblinking stare.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lemon-Lime posted:

The only ones that are better are The Last Roar (which is insanely better than Revenge of the Horde, holy poo poo) and Those Who Inherit The Soul (because Soul Surrender is kind of boring).

The Last Roar sounds kind of goofy to me. Those Who Inherit the Soul vs. Soul Surrender is probably the biggest wash. Neither is particularly good.

I especially agree with Mr. Yar on the topic of Gears of Change versus Gears of Destiny. I feel like Gears of Destiny undermines the events of Heavensward. There was nothing inevitable about political and social reform of Ishgard, it happened because a number of people worked for it and passing it off as ~Destiny~ is bullshit. gently caress destiny. gently caress prophecy. :colbert:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

For Halloween, you can be a Dracula in a flying chair.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Thundarr posted:

For Halloween, you can be a Dracula in a flying chair.

Secret seasonal mounts that they decided not to advertise in advance? :shrug:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
More hinting at a hypothetical 3rd difficulty level for insane people

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yoship says no to making it easier to complete lines in your sticker book.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Three different duty finder groups, both leading to abandons, fifteen or more different wipes between them, most failing several minutes in at around around 30%. I just want to get my goddamn token from A11 normal this week, is this so hard? It's not even me loving up for a change, I have the mechanics burned into my reflexes now. :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

"too many questions" [about housing] - yoship 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

he's not wrong housing is not a pressing issue in this game

stuff like "will we be able to see more than 16 debuffs?" "can we get more raid markers now that ps3 is going away?" is more relevant

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yoship likewise says gently caress no to workshops in private houses or apartments.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The extra twenty-five million dollars are to add more housing districts.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I'm pretty sure you could remove combat entirely from the game and a third of the subscriber base would cheer while another third would be only mildly disappointed.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
3.5 Mhach raid has a battle on an airship. Be careful not to fall! Also, Mr. Ozma is making the final boss.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

In response to "can I wear Sophia's outfit?", they say to let them finish the dude bunny suit first.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thundarr posted:

In response to "can I wear Sophia's outfit?", they say to let them finish the dude bunny suit first.

The best of all possible responses.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thundarr posted:

oh jesus what

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

oh jesus what

Mainly in the sense of "character x is hurt. You are currently a white mage. Do you heal them?

Ranking lists for PotD?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

oh jesus what

probably minor dialogue branches, like allowing healing jobs to help others recover from injuries. Not to the "cast Raise on Aeris" level, but devs are willing to work around it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And more confirmation that PotD 101+ is basically four man savage mode dungeons.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Deep deep dungeon is being positioned as a savage equivalent for light parties.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thundarr posted:

If only Haurchefant survived until 4.0, maybe healers could of saved him

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And that is 100% Nybbas. Just played his bgm.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

We already know the floor50+ weapons (and they're in the DB), but here's a still for ones that weren't in the 3.4 trailer:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Auto-attacks going back to how it was before this patch. drat.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I hope Odin returns with a role in the story. Since Stormblood has us going to Ala Mihgo, the Eorzean Alliance will probably aid the Resistance, and such a large conflict should draw his interest.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tae posted:

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Tae posted:

Wasn't that just for PvP?

• Locked thread