Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

:siren: HEED THIS WARNING :siren:

If you're not getting Moon for the superior Drampa I will not cry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think Drampa and Turtonator are version exclusive.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

So far, including alola forms, we've seen 66. We know the starters each have one more stage, so that's 69. I think its pretty safe to guess that Komala and Pikipek each evolve at least once, maybe twice each. That'd bring us to 71-73 new guys total. Another way to look at it is we have seen, again including alola forms, 44 new lines of pokemon. Counting Rowlett, Dartrix and Robin hoot as 1 line for example. We also have confirmed there is at least 1 new pokemon in the first 2 hours of gameplay that hasn't been revealed yet so that makes 72-74 new individuals, but he could be part of a line we already know of. If this gen were to be small like 6th, we could have seen almost everything already :(

However they seem like they're really going all out with this gen which makes me think/hope well have at least a medium sized dump of like 100 new pokemon.

If we aren't counting Alola forms as new guys though, we've seen 54 new pokemon and 36 new lines.

I completely forgot about ash-greninja. That makes +1 for forms. 73-75 new pokemon so far, if we are guessing pikipek and komala evolve. +3 if we think that all the starters will have 2 third forms each.

the GOod Leak says there'll be more than gen 6 but not by much

which is kinda an ambiguous statement especially since it doesnt say whether or not they count mega evolutions or alola forms but hey

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well we'll either find out all about the games on the 18th October, or 18th November. Place your bets on if they properly scrub the demo.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think Drampa and Turtonator are version exclusive.

The box art shows the two alternate version-exclusive versions of the Rockruff evos and the two exclusive battles with either Alola Raticate or Gumshoos. So I think them showing Drampa or Turtonator does imply they're exclusive.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 16, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crosspeice posted:

Well we'll either find out all about the games on the 18th October, or 18th November. Place your bets on if they properly scrub the demo.

Well, apparently the demo's only slightly larger than ORAS's demo, while the actual game is gargantuan compared to ORAS (almost double), so they probably scrubbed it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shneak posted:

Correction: Buy Sun for the far inferior Turtonator, then trade for a Drampa that gets swole as hell with the extra experience.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Crosspeice posted:

In order to do that, they would essentially have to program an entirely new game, because if the demo is reusing stuff from the actual game, sometimes certain files are needed to be left in the demo to work properly.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

Since when did Game Freak employ competent programmers?

(No way in hell is it scrubbed. And if it is, there will still be plenty of info there.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sultan Tarquin posted:

But are they rowdy dirty boys??

You couldn't knock those boys over with a pail of water

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

The box art shows the two alternate version-exclusive versions of the Rockruff evos and the two exclusive battles with either Alola Raticate or Gumshoos. So I think them showing Drampa or Turtonator does imply they're exclusive.

If that's all your evidence then surfing is exclusive to moon and riding Mudsdale is exclusive to Sun. Grassy plains can only be travelled through in Sun, and the desert in Moon. Not all the images show exclusive content.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I don't think they can scrub the pokedex without some harsh reprogramming and essentially making a functional pokedex and behind-the-scenes pokedex to do a proper directory of the pokemon you encounter. I'd congratulate GF if they pull that off, but i'm sure on October 18th in the noon i'll click on a pastebin and scroll to the bottom to see the name and number of the last pokemon thus far.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If that's all your evidence then surfing is exclusive to moon and riding Mudsdale is exclusive to Sun. Grassy plains can only be travelled through in Sun, and the desert in Moon. Not all the images show exclusive content.

Mk but, you see, forms of transportation have never ever ever been version exclusive, while some pokemon always are. There are 3 differences in pokemon (beyond modes of transport) between the two boxes and two of them are confirmed exclusive pokemon (raticate exclusive in the sense that this raticate shown is the boss one). Soooooo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

Mk but, you see, forms of transportation have never ever ever been version exclusive, while some pokemon always are. There are 3 differences in pokemon between the two boxes and two of them are confirmed exclusive pokemon (for raticate exclusive in the sense that this raticate shown is the boss one). Soooooo

But the Drampa and Turtonatar aren't shown with the rest of the pokemon. They are shown in the images along the bottom of the box which pretty obviously don't detail version exclusive content.

The cases just chose different pokemon to showcase the pokedex, different pokemon to showcase riding, and different images of the Pokemon grooming.

Edit: Like the image to the left of Moon shows the player with a Popplio, while the one in Sun shows them with a Rowlet. The images have nothing to do with exclusives.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 16, 2016

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Do people care that much about version exclusives? With trading being the way it is now I'm confused as to why it's even an issue.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Do people care that much about version exclusives? With trading being the way it is now I'm confused as to why it's even an issue.
"B-But that Clauncher or whatever won't have my name as its OT :qq:"

I actually enjoy using Pokemen from all over the world. Also, having more numbers for the daily lotto is always good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have never gotten anything worth drat from the lottery and never will.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pentaro posted:

"B-But that Clauncher or whatever won't have my name as its OT :qq:"

i care about this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

sharrrk posted:

i care about this

Breed it?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shneak posted:

i need not your tears cause i don't really like drampa and turtonator seems rad

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Elfgames posted:

i need not your tears cause i don't really like drampa and turtonator seems rad

You're right, for you are beyond saving.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you'll never understand

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I don't care much, but I play through the story with only catchable Pokémon. I'm buying both versions for the first time, so this doesn't effect me

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
So, uh, anyone have opinions on this?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Their source is a reddit post that starts "Most definitely fake, but..."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's probably fake but it's a neat idea

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well Day and Night forms are what I expected, but until we get the games, we won't know for sure.

Also I would be surprised if they revealed the final forms before the games come out.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If it's somehow true, then I'm 100% on moon.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Same. But the supposed "Sun" final evo of Popplio doesn't fit it's middle evo while the likely leak does. So.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Keep in mind these are meant to be "day" and "night" not "Sun" and "Moon". Or at least should it be true I hope so. That's what the supposed connection with Rockruff would suggest.

E: wait, poo poo.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 16, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Keep in mind these are meant to be "day" and "night" not "Sun" and "Moon". Or at least should it be true I hope so. That's what the supposed connection with Rockruff would suggest.

rockruff's evo's are version based

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Well Rockruff's evolution is based on game version not time of day. So if the starters did have branching evos it'd probably work the same.

That image is almost certainly fake though and a bunch of the information the post talks about is from fake leaks.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well Rockruff's evolution is based on game version not time of day. So if the starters did have branching evos it'd probably work the same.

That image is almost certainly fake though and a bunch of the information the post talks about is from fake leaks.

the names Sirene, Beltigre, and Robinroot, weren't they from debunked leak?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

those new ones all look incredibly bad

and im saying this as someone who wasnt particularly fond of the old ones

Lupus Rufus posted:

the names Sirene, Beltigre, and Robinroot, weren't they from debunked leak?

thats just what the site is calling them

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

That picture was obviously taken from those youtube videos that have a thumbnail showing some supposed leak (usually with the help of fanart) and a title like "CONFIRMED NEW ALOLA FORMS!!!" and the content is just some dipshit going "wouldn't it be neat if... :allears:"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the site also has this http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/alolan-mantine-real-fake-alolan-cubone-persian-4chan-corocoro-leaks-pokemon-sun-moon-screenshots-pictures/ which is obviously fake but kinda neat i guess

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Seems unfair to say those are obviously fakes - if they are, they're very well done.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

isn't 4chan where most of the pokemon leaks show up anyways?

i'm so excited for sun and moon

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there anywhere you can see a list of all the Pokemon with previously never used type combinations in Sun and Moon? They seem to have added a LOT of new typings in this version specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I believe it