Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Wtf, why are Argentina and Australia playing at Twickenham!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Money.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Christ almighty, Argentina are frustrating to watch. They just can't finish anything off.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Uh...did an Australian player just shove a physio to ground for no apparent reason?

edit: yes, yes he did. It was Nick Phipps and he got away with penalty only.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
You could argue that the physio had no place trying to pick up the ball thrown at Phipps but still incredibly stupid to shove the guy instead of just asking for the ball.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Rugby Championship 2016, ABs and three bad teams.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Unimpressed posted:

Rugby 2016, ABs and bad teams.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
It should be illegal to go from Carter to Barrett.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Looking at their schedule ahead I wonder how far the All Blacks winning streak can go. If they beat Australia at Eden Park, which is very likely, then they should be able to finish the year off having won all their games. If anyone does manage to halt their progress it would be a major upset. So they could, very likely, be heading into the Lions series before they lose a match.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yeah, from looking at their fixtures here:

http://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2016/

I don't see anyone that is likely to beat them. I'm going to the Ireland/All Blacks match in Chicago, and between that test and the one in Dublin the Irish are probably going to put up a good fight but the odds of them actually winning are slim. If any NH team was going to beat the ABs it would be England, because the Springboks were basically trying to play the way England did to go 3-0 against the Wallabies but they didn't have the legs to see the game out.

As it is I think the Lions may be able to take one test - but of course they'll have to do it in New Zealand.

If you ask me, I think the All Blacks have solved rugby. That's all there is to it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Baabaas/Fiji could be a good match. Probably not on telly though.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

goatface posted:

Baabaas/Fiji could be a good match. Probably not on telly though.

Friday 11th November, 7pm GMT on Sky Sports 2

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might have to find a pub for that one.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Tyma posted:

Friday 11th November, 7pm GMT on Sky Sports 2

Oh, sweet. Maybe I'll download it and have a watch party with my club that evening.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The proposed 'Global Season' for 2017 :

October – November : Pro 12 / English Premiership / Top14 (First Half)
December – January : European Group Stage & Quarter Finals
February – April : Pro 12 / English Premiership / Top14 (Latter Half)
April – May : Six Nations
June : European Semi-Finals and Final

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
The tigers are poo poo tonight. Which is good and cool.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

thegasman2000 posted:

The warriors are class tonight. Which is good and cool.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I agree they were awesome tonight but the Tigers were poo poo. Their defense has been poor for a while but...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasps are clowning Zebre.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Saracens are absolutely destroying a full-strength Toulon side :neckbeard:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Great turnaround by Toulon. One score behind with ten minutes left and Sarries down to 14.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Saracens vs Toulon was a really good game. The quality of some of these sides is crazy. The Fijian 7s winger for Toulon is really good, feel like they should have involved him more.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Munster head coach Anthony Foley died last night at the team hotel in Paris. He was 42 years old. Unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX3peTuTl_4

Rip Axel.

Painkiller fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 16, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
42 actually....:smith:

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Terrible news about Foley.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Absolutely shocking, true legend of Irish rugby.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just saw the news about Foley. poo poo. Axel will be missed. :(

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I know every team has it's own traditions regarding cheering vs silence during a place kick, but Is this even a real rule?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYUAtNeH9Y

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Against the spirit of the game. Pretty sure that is a generic rule.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Almost certainly falls under law 10.4(m) Acts contrary to good sportsmanship. A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship in the playing enclosure.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tyma posted:

I know every team has it's own traditions regarding cheering vs silence during a place kick, but Is this even a real rule?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYUAtNeH9Y

Owens had Steyn dead-to-rights on two counts there either way, and Myler probably would've had a second go even if Steyn hadn't started hollering. Myler's actually taking a step back from the ball when Steyn begins his chargedown.
Plus yeah, it's poor sportsmanship.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Owens had Steyn dead-to-rights on two counts there either way, and Myler probably would've had a second go even if Steyn hadn't started hollering. Myler's actually taking a step back from the ball when Steyn begins his chargedown.
Plus yeah, it's poor sportsmanship.

That has been going on for a while now. As soon as the kicker moves from their pre-kick routine spot, chargers start running, even if they take a step backwards first. Most notable with McKenzie, who does a couple of little stutter steps away from the ball and by the time he actually starts moving towards it, players are right on top of him.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
You know, I am still pissed about a penalty attempt I missed a year and a half ago when a guy from the opposing team shouted "scratch my balls!" at me right as I was starting my kicking step.

loving ref wouldn't give me a second shot.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Wellington and North Harbour are playing a really entertaining game, NH up by 2 at the half.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wonder if Australia wi-

Nevermind.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah might be better off just watching the highlights.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The All Blacks have no chill.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

runoverbobby posted:

Yeah might be better off just watching the highlights.

Total Highlights Running Time: 86 Minutes

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The Australian second five lost the ball in the phase before the try. They do seem to have a lot of big ball runners doing damage tonight though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Come on Australia, let's keep not being rubbish.