Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
the idea that there was a hillary insider posting and deigning us cool enough to tell about secret upcoming scandal vids is worthy of a lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if that's all the oppo Hillary had, I'll actually be really disappointed. there's def smth coming Monday, maybe tomorrow!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

YOU A loving HAT posted:

well sure but that assumes they have like, their absolute pick of whatever oppo they want, to tailor to the situation.

Even though there's doubtless SO MUCH tape of him doing stupid poo poo because he's been on tv and film and radio so much, there are still gatekeepers blocking access to much of it. And if they have something else on him, it's probably more along the lines of the crap he does consistently, like be horribly sexist or racist.

Plus dropping health-related oppo. of it gets traced back to them, looks REALLY bad. He's supposed to be the petty one, not them. I imagine if they had health oppo, they wouldn't drop it knowing he was already doomed, because it won't be divisive enough to get him to shed more GOP higher ups ("I would never stand by a man who was SICK!"). That's just not something that will make them re re re un re un-endorse again, and it could backfire on the clinton campaign badly.

Health oppo only looks petty when it's over poo poo that doesn't matter, like for example a cough and a case of pneumonia in an otherwise healthy woman - it comes up a lot in these races because it's a perfectly fair question to ask if the person telling you their plans will actually be around to perform those plans.

If they had something that showed Donny T had a pair of stents in two major arteries because his diet is poo poo and he doesn't exercise (both of which we know for a fact) or his liver or kidneys are showing damage from decades of diet pill use, those are definitely unendorse points because it makes him unable to do the things he said he was gonna do, and also makes him a liar for hiding it.

I agree it ain't gonna be something like he got the clap a few years back or something though, if it is something health related it will be something big and something scary.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

YOU A loving HAT posted:

well sure but that assumes they have like, their absolute pick of whatever oppo they want, to tailor to the situation.

Even though there's doubtless SO MUCH tape of him doing stupid poo poo because he's been on tv and film and radio so much, there are still gatekeepers blocking access to much of it. And if they have something else on him, it's probably more along the lines of the crap he does consistently, like be horribly sexist or racist.

Plus dropping health-related oppo. of it gets traced back to them, looks REALLY bad. He's supposed to be the petty one, not them. I imagine if they had health oppo, they wouldn't drop it knowing he was already doomed, because it won't be divisive enough to get him to shed more GOP higher ups ("I would never stand by a man who was SICK!"). That's just not something that will make them re re re un re un-endorse again, and it could backfire on the clinton campaign badly.

I imagine something like him passing out at a rally, having a sudden major (coke-related) nosebleed in a situation he can't just bail on, or just vomiting all over his shoes and making GBS threads himself in the middle of the third debate.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

health thing seems unlikely because the man has very likely never been to a real doctor for his entire adult life, barring 5 times to get diagnosed with bone spurs

plus he could literally collapse on stage into seizures and his base would still crown him healthier than Clinton

It's not at all about facts

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

the idea that there was a hillary insider posting and deigning us cool enough to tell about secret upcoming scandal vids is worthy of a lol.

lol

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 16, 2016

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Why does everyone suspect there's more coming? Genuine question

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Samantha is my astronaut crush
she made the first expresso in space
she also flew fighter bombers in the italian airforce :swoon:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Venom Snake posted:

i work in the national security zone of the campaign the most and it's kinda hilarious how thisfuckingelection means even we gotta discuss sex tape and past because nobody gives a gently caress about importent things

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

if that's all the oppo Hillary had, I'll actually be really disappointed. there's def smth coming Monday, maybe tomorrow!

i think that numerous women reporting that they were sexually assaulted by the republican candidate is actually a remarkable amount of oppo material but the american public (and us, tbqh) are only satisfied by video which there might not be more of. not even sure that was hillary's team.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Toejam and earl was grand theft auto in space

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

the venture bros is real good

this is true and also dr. mrs. the monarch is basically the best this is also true

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

like pussy vid was just barely worse than anything he said on stern, you're telling me he didn't do anything on tape worse than that? Not to mention nothing damning from the gop?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I still have to cosplay her. I LOVE Dr. Mrs, she's amazing. Doesn't hurt I have a deep voice too and I'm tired of the stereotypes that go along with it (not as deep as her literally being voiced by a man, but still, I feel the comaraderie).

If you happen to luck out and get SD Comic-Con tickets, go for it. The V-Bros scene is big there and they have a big cosplay photo session after the panel every year. (Just be sure to get to the Indigo Ballroom like 3 hours before the first panel of the day.)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol somehow British people are trying to influence our election, and the only British person not on Trump's side was told to have her mic cut by cock eyed Ben

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Space Jam & Earl

I fully support casting Earl Joseph "J.R." Smith III in the upcoming Space Jam movie

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

cargo cult posted:

Why does everyone suspect there's more coming? Genuine question

real answer because venom snake works with the campaign and said there was more

fun answer because there is always more and it is always worse

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

iirc nbc has some team of interns combing through apprentice cutting-room-floor tape looking for something because they are afraid of the opitics (and possible legal liability) of sitting on evidence of trump sexually harassing and/or assaulting somebody on the show. that seems like the most promising source for another tape but there has to be a ton of tape and who knows if they will find a bombshell before nov. 8th.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

Toejam and earl was grand theft auto in space

Grand Theft Auto was Nethack with guns though so it's ok

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le0BLAEO93g

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Digger was a good game

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

MadJackal posted:

If you happen to luck out and get SD Comic-Con tickets, go for it. The V-Bros scene is big there and they have a big cosplay photo session after the panel every year. (Just be sure to get to the Indigo Ballroom like 3 hours before the first panel of the day.)

lol I don't have to luck out, as a professional comic artist, I get in for free :) I go every year.

And a free tix for a friend, so I rotate friends to give it to depending on who is going. The one real perk of my job XD

I don't like to cosplay stuff like Dr. Mrs. though, especially at a big con, because there's ALWAYS some shitheel who walks up and wants to say something gross, or "touch your boobs to see if they're real" or demands "sexy selfies to make his girlfriend jealous". Cons have gotten so gross.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Toejam & Earl was the best Genesis game, for real

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I went to SDCC this year, lucked in through work also. Very fun very fun

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

ajkalan posted:

Toejam & Earl was the best Genesis game, for real

:same:

Never really liked the sequel, though. They kickstarted a new one, but it looks pretty meh, frankly.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
time to post

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

iirc nbc has some team of interns combing through apprentice cutting-room-floor tape looking for something because they are afraid of the opitics (and possible legal liability) of sitting on evidence of trump sexually harassing and/or assaulting somebody on the show. that seems like the most promising source for another tape but there has to be a ton of tape and who knows if they will find a bombshell before nov. 8th.

I don't think random tweets from rich people promising to pay legal fee-whatever the gently caress is gonna cut it for most folks. There needs to be actual big poo poo money on the table to go after Trump, because Donald isn't loving around and was probably saving money on campaigning all year in order to sue people into the ground.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

gently caress the plane is taking off literally now so I'll be offline for 12000. Forgive me, goons.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im imagining a room ful of kgb studs all smokin and drinking vodak and mashing the MANCHURIA button over and over while watchin ttrump rallys and they just see him break a teleprompter and say gently caress

Baloogan posted:

ru talking about the basketball videogame scam or literal jam in space

wasnt sagan space buried with some sick tunes playin

like genesiss all blastin off into orbit

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

cargo cult posted:

I normally empathize easily w/ ppl with mental health issues and am usually willing to overlook quite a lot in terms of abhorrent ideas about society, but i have none for this lady, holy gently caress. she got herself committed for threatening the president and is basically continuing to drive herself to prodromal paranoid schizophrenia because a slightly left-of-center coastal elite black man has been overseeing the empire for eight years. good god

I grew up in the same county as this woman. Most weekends we'd have to drive through Brownsville (her town) to visit my mom's family and even as a kid I knew it was a burned-out husk of a town. Just empty buildings and businesses that never seemed to be open. Someone I follow on FB lives there and constantly posts about how her sperm-donor is headed to jail yet again and won't pay his child support.

It's pretty fuckin' grim, and I haven't been back up there since 2009. I'm probably not going back again until one of my parents dies.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

*in best PB voice* I wish I could go to SDCC

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Liz mair and Rick Wilson also said there are two big things coming

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I don't like to cosplay stuff like Dr. Mrs. though, especially at a big con, because there's ALWAYS some shitheel who walks up and wants to say something gross, or "touch your boobs to see if they're real" or demands "sexy selfies to make his girlfriend jealous". Cons have gotten so gross.

i've never been to a con but my impression is that they were always gross and that putting up signs that say "costumes are not consent" was a revolutionary move for cons. sad to hear that it's still a gross-fest.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
how has everyone's night been? i just got off work and i have to go back in seven hours and i kinda wanna die

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tommy boy is on...... loving CLASSIC

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I've been to SDCC twice, hated the second time

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

theflyingexecutive posted:

Liz mair and Rick Wilson also said there are two big things coming

and have yet to deliver

always easy to make an empty promise, especially when your previous job was a gop consultant

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mannerup posted:

and have yet to deliver

always easy to make an empty promise

Also they know nothing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ihave never been to a con but one time i had to explain to my dad what he was lookin at when he went on a business trip htat was in the same hotel as a furry con

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Zalinskj is a lot like trump in a way

• Locked thread