Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there anywhere you can see a list of all the Pokemon with previously never used type combinations in Sun and Moon? They seem to have added a LOT of new typings in this version specifically

Here:

Bug/Fairy
Dragon/Normal
Ghost/Fairy
Poison/Fire
Fire/Dragon (Charizard X has this but that's a mega)
Dragon/Fighting
Grass/Dragon (Mega Sceptile has this, but mega)
Ice/Steel
Electric/Psychic

I'm sure at least one of those has been done and I'm forgetting it but I thinkthat's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ghost fairy looks interesting

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I am the retarded 12 year old you want to present all your fake leaks and news to

shower me

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

Fire/Dragon (Charizard X has this but that's a mega)

I'm sure at least one of those has been done and I'm forgetting it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are rain teams still viable

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i personally haven't seen any weather teams or very very few.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dark/Normal (Alola Raticate) and Ice/Fairy (Alola Ninetales) are also new type combos in S&M

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
please nerf knock off

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/787613471085064196

:psyduck:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

those fake evolutions seem made to prey on gullibility of the people who want litten's evo to be quadrupedal and popplio's evo to be less feminine

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Dark beats Psychic because bullies beat nerds.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Kelp Plankton posted:

those fake evolutions seem made to prey on gullibility of the people who want litten's evo to be quadrupedal and popplio's evo to be less feminine

Those people are in the right so it makes sense they'd want to believe that.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't even see the face of the Moon-side Litten evo but these have gotta be fake

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
The connection to Lycanroc is split evolutions... and as such, like Lycanroc, sun version evos will be four-legged while moon evos will be two-legged.

It makes perfect sense!

(Don't question the four-legged owl)

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Well, pretty likely fake, but the promos have said the starters do have some kind of Sun and Moon variation like Lycanroc. The alternate forms "leaked" here look bad already and don't seem to follow the pre-evolution well at all.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 16, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

the promos have said the starters do have some kind of Sun and Moon variation like Lycanroc.

Sure Jan.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

They said Rockruff shares a secret with the starters. It was then shown that it has two variations of its evolved form. Unless there's something else secret about it, then the starters likely have something different about them between versions.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that was a mistranslation. it just said that rockruff and the starters have a secret, not that they share a secret

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I have never gotten anything worth drat from the lottery and never will.

I regularly win a PP Max from Join Avenue

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Join Avenue's lottery owns. I can only assume that as the owner of the mall it's rigged in your favour. :devil:

E: VVV This is true, yes.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 16, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

AlphaKretin posted:

Join Avenue owns.

Fixed. Every part of it is great and the Festival Plaza being an upgraded version of it owns even harder.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

sharrrk posted:

that was a mistranslation. it just said that rockruff and the starters have a secret, not that they share a secret

then what's the starters' secret? there's no way they wouldn't be using that day-night split evo gimmick again. the game is called sun and moon.

let me have hope.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The secret is that they're your friends and mine

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Of course it's a fake, why would an official art thing use images from the anime internal use concept art page?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

The secret is that they're your friends and mine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I've never gotten super far in my copy of X, and SuMo + watching a bunch of Griffin McElroy's run on Polygon has me wantin' to do a maybeNuzlocke of my own. I also never got around to picking up ORAS. Would I be better served going through X, or is ORAS improved enough that that would be worth my time to go through?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My experience is that Nuzlocke is not that fun. However, if you want to do a Nuzlocke anyways i'd say X because if you ever lose a bunch of your pokemon you can always go to the Chateau to level grind in minutes.

I just overthought some things of the overworld and what we know about the trials and trial captains, and I came up with an order of types that's probably not even close to real, but:
Normal > K. Fighting > Grass > Water > Electric > Fire > K. Rock > Fairy > Bug > Flying > Ice > K. Steel > Dragon > Ground > Ghost > Poison > K. Psychic > Dark
The Psychic Kahuna having to do with the version legendary and where the climax of the story happens, afterwards you go back to the first island where a new Trial has been made, the first Dark Type trial, and its captain is our boi Guzma and is also just a straight up loving Gym because Guzma is a rebel like that. We end our game with the first Dark Type Gym in the franchise

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've never gotten super far in my copy of X, and SuMo + watching a bunch of Griffin McElroy's run on Polygon has me wantin' to do a maybeNuzlocke of my own. I also never got around to picking up ORAS. Would I be better served going through X, or is ORAS improved enough that that would be worth my time to go through?

X/Y have a great variety of pokemon but gets a little harder towards the end, in terms of a nuzlock. Then again I don't use exp. share so that's probably just a me problem. ORAS seems overrated to me and wasn't very memorable but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I made a Google doc that randomly generates Pokemon (breedable only, lowest stage) for Nuzlockes and such. This is just to replace Nuzlocke duplicates and giving the player a chance to have Pokemon outside the gen they're playing while still keeping RNG at play. It also does not include legendaries.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CvY_JC2x4SETp4T6mrKSvV4D5Ve_i8MjfX1XNwv9Stg/edit#gid=66310307

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My experience is that Nuzlocke is not that fun. However, if you want to do a Nuzlocke anyways i'd say X because if you ever lose a bunch of your pokemon you can always go to the Chateau to level grind in minutes.

I just overthought some things of the overworld and what we know about the trials and trial captains, and I came up with an order of types that's probably not even close to real, but:
Normal > K. Fighting > Grass > Water > Electric > Fire > K. Rock > Fairy > Bug > Flying > Ice > K. Steel > Dragon > Ground > Ghost > Poison > K. Psychic > Dark
The Psychic Kahuna having to do with the version legendary and where the climax of the story happens, afterwards you go back to the first island where a new Trial has been made, the first Dark Type trial, and its captain is our boi Guzma and is also just a straight up loving Gym because Guzma is a rebel like that. We end our game with the first Dark Type Gym in the franchise

Ariados is my favorite Dark type pokemon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nuzlockes are fun. I beat the elite 4 in my soul silver run and I wanted to do Kanto and beat Red but it's incredibly boring as a Nuzlocke because if you want new Kanto Pokemon you have to grind hard. Otherwise its fun.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Games in order of how fun they are for nuzlockes. RSE>BW2>RBY/FRLG>XY>BW>HGSS/GSC>DPP. I havent done one of ORAS because I don't want to delete my save on that.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Super late on the Jang-mo talk, but I kinda hope its not a pseudo-legendary and more akin to Flygon. But the way it is designed, it probably will have the pseudo stats. Either way, I love how it looks. Don't know why but it looks rad.

I also really like Bounsweet's evolution line. The special ability to stop priority attacks looks so good for doubles. Wonder if it affects both pokemon or just the one with the ability (probably the latter bc wow that'd be broken). With Bounsweet's final evolution I can have a team of strong fashionable feminine pokemon. That will be why they need to bring back poke competitions. So I can further cement how beautiful they are by having those badges. Ugh.

And with more and more info on what may or may not be version exclusives, I still may go with Moon. I really like that devianart, emo lycanroc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ariados is my favorite Dark type pokemon.

I'm kinda expecting that Ariados to be stolen tbh

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Guys, why is the girl rival's theme so much better in ORAS? I never heard it until now. It's SPARKLY.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

AlphaKretin posted:

Keep in mind these are meant to be "day" and "night" not "Sun" and "Moon". Or at least should it be true I hope so. That's what the supposed connection with Rockruff would suggest.

E: wait, poo poo.

Apparently the translation was a bit wrong. It wasn't "Rockruff and the starters share a secret", but "Rockruff has a secret. So do the starters."

I.e it was less "they're the same secret" and more "They have a separate secret."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wonder when Valve is gonna come out with Porygon3.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Alola Porygon should be a 2d sprite that evolves into a flat Game And Watch style LCD illustration

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
whatever form alola porygon takes, id put it on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Classtoise posted:

Apparently the translation was a bit wrong. It wasn't "Rockruff and the starters share a secret", but "Rockruff has a secret. So do the starters."

I.e it was less "they're the same secret" and more "They have a separate secret."

Well, what else could the starters have as a secret? Maybe unique Z-moves?