Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The whole final boss(es) sequence in 2 is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Which ending did you get? And they have an escape sequence in 2/3 thankfully. Hell the escape sequence in 2 is probably the best part of the game

googling the endings i had 78% completion so the helmet off one.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive never got 100% item completion in a metroid game :grin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

:stonklol:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

Same... I enjoy the item hunt but I feel like going for 100% would stress me out and spoil it. I respect those who do though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

now playing: metroid prime 2: echoes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But really it's only worth it in Zero Mission because it makes the game harder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of I might replay Zero Mission tomorrow morning.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Same... I enjoy the item hunt but I feel like going for 100% would stress me out and spoil it. I respect those who do though.

i always start with the intent but i have an insatiable drive to make progress in games at all times so the moment i have to backtrack means i either instantly lose interest or i just dont do it if its optional

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got 99% scanned in MP2 and it turned out the one thing I missed was Samus' ship, which needs to be scanned 3 times throughout the game and I missed the second one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the 100% scans in all of them at some point but I'll never do it again because it's not actually fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got 99% scanned in MP2 and it turned out the one thing I missed was Samus' ship, which needs to be scanned 3 times throughout the game and I missed the second one

i forgot to scan meta ridley the one time i beat him 😪

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I did the 100% scans in all of them at some point but I'll never do it again because it's not actually fun

yeah im not going to scan jack poo poo in mp2 which i am about to make my first step in afyer this post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MP2 is cool and MP3 is a really bizarre halo clone. Enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have good memories of some parts of mp3 but can never play more than an hour or so w/o getting bored. What a weird game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The enemies who cleverly ambush you by throwing you turbocharge powerups that let you slaughter every enemy in the area with ease

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mp3 is a lot better on the highest difficulty, it really felt designed for that and it was stupid that you had to beat it once to unlock it.

mp2 is extremely cool, while the setting isn't as great as MP1's the gameplay in general is a lot better.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

mp3 is a lot better on the highest difficulty, it really felt designed for that and it was stupid that you had to beat it once to unlock it.

mp2 is extremely cool, while the setting isn't as great as MP1's the gameplay in general is a lot better.

i love samus just outright walks into a mysterious interdimensional portal because the door locks behind her

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like scanning all the story stuff cause it's cool poo poo in 1 and 2 (in 3 it was PHAZON IS BAD reiterated 300 times) but scanning all the creatures is really annoying. you also dont get anything from it other than concept art you can easily look up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*scans this weird bat thing that shrieks and flies at me, blowing up for big damage* Shriekbat - This will fly at you, and blow up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MP3 is terrible on the highest difficulty because it's designed around you always being in hypermode but I guess they forgot that hitting the hypermode button makes you invincible for two minutes with no penalty and when it ends you can just do it again. It's just boring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well except for the last level, which is actually fun and challenging. But not worth it reallt. Take it from me, the guy who beat it 4 times in a row at release

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a long unskippable cutsecene in mp2...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through Zero Mission on easy this morning to see how fast I could do it. I've never played on easy before, mecha Ridley went down in 4 super missiles lol. Credits rolling ATM, time incoming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub 90 is nice. I should really learn a route and try to get my time shorter. Being able to beat the game in like 65 minutes would be cool

Soral
May 30, 2009

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched a any% speedrun and tried the game again with my own path because one of the tricks is insanely too hard for me and got to mother brain in around 35 minutes. When I get home tonight I'm gonna stream myself trying to beat the game in under an hour

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Which ending did you get? And they have an escape sequence in 2/3 thankfully. Hell the escape sequence in 2 is probably the best part of the game

2's escape is so so good. The cinematic that plays to intro the last boss is one of my favorite game cutscenes of all time

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

decided to grab Punch-Out on the 3ds virtual console, and drat thats some good gaming

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I could've sworn there was an escape sequence in MP1, wtf...

And the steampunk skyworld in 3 is really cool. Rest of the game is just alright.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Metroid Prime has an escape sequence on the Pirate Frigate before you go to Tallon IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I could've sworn there was an escape sequence in MP1, wtf...

And the steampunk skyworld in 3 is really cool. Rest of the game is just alright.

its cool looking but it was the worst part of the game for me. map is designed like poo poo and you spend sooo much time going back and forth between the same rooms, waiting for cannons and poo poo to load and finish their animations.