Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Forza 7 will be on Windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Fingers crossed that FH3 does well enough that Forza 7 gets to be Windows 10.

Everything MS publishes is going to be Windows 10.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wow that is awesome news.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shumagorath posted:

Also since the drivatars in this game aren't affected by physics like the player car I race one or two notches down from what I had in FM6.

Glad it's not just me then that had to do this.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
Fausty and i had a grand ole time in coop last night when i was sick as a dog. Good looks bud, after you left the session invot another 77k followers bringing me to exactly 190k so my grrc days will soon again be ahead me of.

Stupid that vip/loyalty players have to wait that long to join their car clubs again kinda a huge part of why id been looking forward to it for so long

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I didn't notice if it was said, but the new HE cars are available in the wheelspins.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

game is crashing today, a lot

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Is Gutbomb driving it?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

OhsH posted:

Game is good, thread is bad.

Are you kidding? Come for the videogame car chat, stay for the trotskyite meltdowns over divergent game design visions

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Are you kidding? Come for the videogame car chat, stay for the trotskyite meltdowns over divergent game design visions

I personally love the doom and gloom every time a patch comes out for a game that's less than a month old. :allears:

They added FFA and it wasn't perfect? WHELP THEY WILL NEVER WORK ON IT EVER AGAIN! :argh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I mean what could people even expect, Microsoft hasn't been good at PC games for a long loving time. Remember the rousing success that was Games for Windows Live?

I thought about playing this on PC but held off precisely because I knew it would launch poorly even though it's ostensibly a flagship title for Microsoft's renewed push into PC gaming. Hopefully they figure poo poo out by the time Forza 7 rolls around.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This game runs great if your pc isnt a piece of poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
It runs like poo poo on some PCs that are beefy, too.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

with a 970 and an i5 i can run everything on ultra, 2560 resolution, 60 fps, so if your pc is beefier and the game is running worse you probably did something wrong

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HORMELCHILI posted:

with a 970 and an i5 i can run everything on ultra, 2560 resolution, 60 fps, so if your pc is beefier and the game is running worse you probably did something wrong

mine is the same as yours, except I'm running 1920x1080 resolution and I can't run it on ultra without all sorts of graphics glitches and crashes.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
i7-3820 and R9 290, and the game crashes every 15 minutes, taking the graphics drivers down with it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

HORMELCHILI posted:

Sure, my GTX1080 and i7 can't run it on ultra 2560 60 fps (locked). Must be me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HORMELCHILI posted:

This game runs great if your pc isnt a piece of poo poo

people have been saying this about like every pc game that has ever come out in the history of ever and it has always been and continues to be a pointlessly condescending and factually incorrect thing to say. when people shittalk pc gamers it's because of poo poo like this.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

maybe if you fixed your computer you could spend more time playing games and less time complaining on the internet

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

w00tazn posted:

Sure, my GTX1080 and i7 can't run it on ultra 2560 60 fps (locked). Must be me.

yeah i would start figuring that out that hardware is too expensive to be wasting like that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Too many people are reporting issues with the PC version of Horizon 3 for it to not be something related to Horizon 3 and not their PC's.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I don't support anti-consumer games

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Too many people are reporting issues with the PC version of Horizon 3 for it to not be something related to Horizon 3 and not their PC's.

Like did the patch fix the way the game was incorrectly using RAM?

I mean gently caress even if it did, that's such a dumb oversight on the programmer's part that there's surely far more dumb poo poo they didn't account for when porting the game to PC. And unlike most other rocky PC releases of the last few years, this game is actually really good and it sucks that there are a lot of people who can't enjoy it.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
Well consider me lucky then, i get 60-100 frames (mostly around 80-90) with everything on ultra/MSAA 4x but at 1080p with a i7 6700k, 16GB 3200 RAM and a GTX1080. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But i don't think there aren't problems with the PC version. The stutters only disappeared with the last patch for me, and i would consider my rig to be quite high-end. Before the patch i played the game on my Forza Box One exclusively. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Told ya'll there was nothing to get excited over with regards to Xbox One games coming to PC. Microsoft just did it to pander to people for sales, they never once cared about quality. If Forza 7 comes to PC it won't be worth going out of your way to play it on that platform.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like patch 2 made performance worse at 60 fps?

I'm tired of loving with it anyway, game runs perfectly fine at a locked 30 with everything cranked up.

Also if your 970 can somehow get 1440p to run at 60, you must not be driving in any of the cities or towns because enjoy your sub 30 fps garbage then.

Edit: I can totally get over 60-100 if I uncap the framerate, but it's times when it drops 10-50 fps from 90 that it's really noticeable and borderline unplayable.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 16, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And honestly Horizon 2 is a better game anyways. :/ I don't know, I am not enjoying Horizon 3 as much and have gone back to Motorsport 6.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Told ya'll there was nothing to get excited over with regards to Xbox One games coming to PC. Microsoft just did it to pander to people for sales, they never once cared about quality. If Forza 7 comes to PC it won't be worth going out of your way to play it on that platform.

I mean, by that point I have to imagine they will have poo poo better figured out. Also since Forza 7 will be all closed circuits instead of a sprawling open world, I am sure the performance will be better if for no other reason than that. Then again my computer with a 4690k and 970 had framerate dips in Apex on certain tracks, with Yas Marina being especially hosed, so who even knows.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

And honestly Horizon 2 is a better game anyways. :/ I don't know, I am not enjoying Horizon 3 as much and have gone back to Motorsport 6.

what

Horizon 2 had a super lame map that just looked samey and the roads were not very fun to drive on compared to even Horizon 1. Horizon 3 is by a pretty wide margin the best Horizon game and as much a step up for Horizon as Forza 3 was for the main series. In fact I'd call it the best arcade racer since San Francisco Rush 2049.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

taels posted:

Fausty and i had a grand ole time in coop last night when i was sick as a dog. Good looks bud, after you left the session invot another 77k followers bringing me to exactly 190k so my grrc days will soon again be ahead me of.

Stupid that vip/loyalty players have to wait that long to join their car clubs again kinda a huge part of why id been looking forward to it for so long
We eventually talked smack more than we raced. Dude's good people.

I raced Goliath last night in the HE GT-R (+XP) with the 3x XP perk. Just one lap because I didn't know the course yet and it was late, I was fading fast (I realized I gotten up for work on four hours' sleep at 08:30 on Saturday and was in bed at 08:30 on Sunday, whew). Just one lap, I shot up four levels and earned something like 90k credits. I'm gonna try one of those four lap blueprints I think, to start off Week 4.

I just don't have time for gaming during the workweek. I'm a news junky, I need my election news fix.

If anyone is up for campaign co-op tonight let me know. I've got two lvl 5 Festivals and the other three are lvl 4, so I have plenty to do.

I said come in! posted:

FH2 was great, I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the Storm Island expansion, it was "extreme." FH3 wins: with prettier graphics, the new fans & festival boss stuff, the hired drivatars, the incentive of random head-to-head races leading to street races leading to midnight battles, and the inclusion of a race like goliath which you can do as often as you like, change the number of laps, etc. FH2 only let you race the final big whole-map race twice, then never again.
FH3 wins by light years.

Hey, Week Three standings haven't been wiped yet, so here's an update from about 17:45 EDT:

Robots is workin' it.

Welcome, A1ohaSnackbar!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 16, 2016

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I find the premise of being the festival organiser kind of weird. Let the boss win!! Woo! good job boss!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Actually, yeah, that is kinda weird, but I like the way it makes sense for you to do the Showcases as marketing, and marketing leading to more/bigger festival locations, which in turn opens up more events. That's a pretty clever mechanic. But remembering the Festival Owner is there personally winning all the exhibitions and championships is a little odd. Hey, at least you get to hire your friends to drive for you. I wish that was worked in a little more into the game. Especially if it would let me choose whom from my friends list I'd like to follow and recruit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

playground games was clearly influenced by the wildly popular animal crossing: new leaf and its decision to make you the leader

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
There's an article on Kotaku that came out around the time Forza Horizon 2 came out and it basically explains why everything about FH2/FH3 feels scummy and how FH1 feels so amazing and rewarding.

Basically instead of being a nobody working your way up the chain and having to prove yourself / beat goals. You start FH2 (and FH3) as the expert driver who's always expected to win. So it's basically a huge circle jerk the entire time instead of you actually having a reason to race better / buy better cars.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I guess I just don't see why that even matters. Forza Horizon is best played as a dumb fun game, I don't give a poo poo how that dumb fun is delivered to me in the context of the story, especially since I generally play with that poo poo muted and listen to podcasts or w/e anyway. If I wanted a "good" story in a racing game I'd play the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted or something.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

I guess I just don't see why that even matters. Forza Horizon is best played as a dumb fun game, I don't give a poo poo how that dumb fun is delivered to me in the context of the story, especially since I generally play with that poo poo muted and listen to podcasts or w/e anyway. If I wanted a "good" story in a racing game I'd play the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted or something.
Unironically agreeing 100% with a Cubey post.

The Week Three GRRC Club Ladder hasn't been reset yet, and JSuttilsNutti is making a move:

Club Ladder reset while I was buying the '65 Mini Cooper and the Subaru BRZ HEs off the AH, so I'm gonna call these results final, unless JSuttilsNutti managed to edge out I DRIVER 1 while I was spending the last of my credits.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 17, 2016

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

w00tazn posted:

There's an article on Kotaku that came out around the time Forza Horizon 2 came out and it basically explains why everything about FH2/FH3 feels scummy and how FH1 feels so amazing and rewarding.

Basically instead of being a nobody working your way up the chain and having to prove yourself / beat goals. You start FH2 (and FH3) as the expert driver who's always expected to win. So it's basically a huge circle jerk the entire time instead of you actually having a reason to race better / buy better cars.

it is the natural progression, just like the fast and furious series

on a totally unrelated note, check out this unedited video i uploaded directly to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWZDYr-nbnk

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nothing can ever surpass Test Drive Unlimited 2's 'story'.
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-test-drive-unlimited-2/2300-3776/
However, if you want anti-consumer, does it get any worse than the fact there's no 'Roll down the windows' button in these terrible lovely Forza games? <~*plays 300 hours*~>

Thief posted:

on a totally unrelated note, check out this unedited video i uploaded directly to youtube:

This is cool too though.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Thief posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So now I finally know where the "Ferrari: More than you can afford" meme came from. I haven't watched any of the F&F movies but I understand they get pretty good at some point. Is it around five or six?

I liked what the F&F director did with Star Trek Beyond, especially with Simon Pegg helping write the script. Yeah, it was dumb in a lot of ways but, um, that's Star Trek. The visuals were pretty sick, especially Yorktown Station and the swarming death of Enterprise. [not starting a derail, just asking where to pick up Fast & Furious if at all.]

• Locked thread