Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nessa posted:

Well, what else could the starters have as a secret? Maybe unique Z-moves?

I don't know if it's the secret, but unique Z-moves is practically a given and will probably require the starters knowing their signature move or those elemental hyper beams to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Maybe that will mean Lycanroc will get a unique Z-Move as well, or just anything to give its Midnight Form a cooler gimmick than Counter :geno:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

remember when everyone thought the gen 6 starters were going to have mega evolutions as a given

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Maybe that will mean Lycanroc will get a unique Z-Move as well, or just anything to give its Midnight Form a cooler gimmick than Counter :geno:

Midnight Forms gimmick is that it looks like Iori from King of Fighters which is the most powerful gimmick any pokemon could ever have.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sharrrk posted:

remember when everyone thought the gen 6 starters were going to have mega evolutions as a given

well now one of them does :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Games in order of how fun they are for nuzlockes. RSE>BW2>RBY/FRLG>XY>BW>HGSS/GSC>DPP. I havent done one of ORAS because I don't want to delete my save on that.

my favorite is bw2 then xy then platinum

im doing emerald right now though and the only other third gen nuzlocke i've done is fr/lg a long while ago

i beat wallace in my oras nuzlocke a few months ago and haven't progressed very much since then, but it was pretty fun in the beginning when i needed to scrounge up usable members from the REALLY mediocre selection in those opening areas and loudred became my MVP for a long while

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

platinum is really cool just because of the ridiculous lethality rate in the beginning areas

In my failed runs I've been wiped by purugly, skuntank, kadabra, mismagius, and barry

in my first attempt I think I had to solo gardenia with a budew because my staravia got OHKO'd by a pachirisu

in one attempt I had to solo maylene's gym with a scyther because I had no other options and that scyther was then OHKO'd by a goldeen with horn drill the moment I left veilstone

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 16, 2016

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Pokemon variety and opponent movesets are the top two things for a fun nuzlocke. So yeah, Platinum, XY and BW2 are all great. XY and BW2 are even more great if you limit TMs to single use again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Decus posted:

Pokemon variety and opponent movesets are the top two things for a fun nuzlocke. So yeah, Platinum, XY and BW2 are all great. XY and BW2 are even more great if you limit TMs to single use again.

I don`t see how that wouldn't just be very frustrating

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the "Nuzlocke Challenge" is how quickly you realize nuzlockes are trash. i aced mine by the way

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elfgames posted:

well now one of them does :(

Ash-Greninja is not a mega evolution.

Ash-Greninja is some loving GARBAGE.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

the "Nuzlocke Challenge" is how quickly you realize nuzlockes are trash. i aced mine by the way

you'll find that I'm very challenged already

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

mega evolution is some loving GARBAGE.

agreed

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

I don't

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are the demos for this and that other game out yet. what was the other game that had a demo y ou could unlock stuff in. ffxv???

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Waffleman_ posted:

Ash-Greninja is some loving GARBAGE.

I'm sorry that Greninja is popular and got some extra attention that your favourite Pokémon didn't get.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I kinda just wish it had a better name.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Super No Vacancy posted:

are the demos for this and that other game out yet. what was the other game that had a demo y ou could unlock stuff in. ffxv???

Bravely Default. The demo actually let you get a pretty huge head-start on the town rebuilding part of the game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Ash giving you Ash-Greninja leads to a clip of the first ten minutes of the SM anime in glorious 240p and you have to see it ten times before getting the greninja in the full game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you but no a new one. i was thinking of WOFF

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Y'know since we're getting a fragrant mangosteen queen I hope we get a smelly durian king in spiny armor. That would be the poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Their source is a reddit post that starts "Most definitely fake, but..."

The art quality is dramatically different. And by different I mean those others ones look like poo poo. So yeah fake.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Flopsy posted:

The art quality is dramatically different. And by different I mean those others ones look like poo poo. So yeah fake.

poo poo is the exact same art quality as 2/3 of the real final forms though. leak confirmed.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

thank you but no a new one. i was thinking of WOFF

It's tomorrow and you can get a special Magitek Armor dude

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Space T Rex posted:

The "Registered" screen shot it shows normally happens and then the image scales down and it shows how it places in the pokedex, revealing if it has evolutions, iirc. I don't think this screen shot confirms theyre standalones. Although they have both always given me that vibe and I'm inclined to think they are regardless.

Yeah the fire turtle and the grandpa dragon definitely look like non-evolving pokemon. It wouldn't surprise me if the koala never evolves either.

cancerianmoth posted:

Super late on the Jang-mo talk, but I kinda hope its not a pseudo-legendary and more akin to Flygon. But the way it is designed, it probably will have the pseudo stats. Either way, I love how it looks. Don't know why but it looks rad.
I like it but I'm a little dissapointed that it's fighting. Steel would be cooler. Also I'm predicting the stats will be something like

95 HP
125 Atk
120 Def
95 SpAtk
75 SpDef
90 Speed

quote:

I also really like Bounsweet's evolution line. The special ability to stop priority attacks looks so good for doubles. Wonder if it affects both pokemon or just the one with the ability (probably the latter bc wow that'd be broken). With Bounsweet's final evolution I can have a team of strong fashionable feminine pokemon. That will be why they need to bring back poke competitions. So I can further cement how beautiful they are by having those badges. Ugh.
That ability wouldn't be worth using unless it worked for both of your pokemon. I'm guessing it works like a permanent quick guard for your side as long as she's on the field.

Flopsy posted:

You can always tell the fakes because even if they're drawn well/ in the right style they're always just bigger, more detailed versions of the earlier forms. There's never any "twist" to them, even something as simple as the fire type standing on two legs.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 16, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

poo poo is the exact same art quality as 2/3 of the real final forms though. leak confirmed.
Mmm, yeah no. The linework is sloppy as hell compared to the chinese leaks, but whatever floats yer boat dude.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Starsnostars posted:

I'm sorry that Greninja is popular and got some extra attention that your favourite Pokémon didn't get.

I like Greninja, dog! I like it a lot! I just think Ash-Greninja is loving dumb in a bad way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
When the demo comes out on Tuesday we will probably know for sure about the starters right? That'll be nice. To be done with all this speculating

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I like Greninja, dog! I like it a lot! I just think Ash-Greninja is loving dumb in a bad way.

This Waffleman knows what he's talking about. Frankly I loving hate Ash and I'm sorry Greninja got dragged into his awfulness. But hey! Demo is optional, I can pretend this nonsense doesn't exist. That really works for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna get the demo, I'm just gonna like not acknowledge the Ash-Greninja.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

FishBulb posted:

When the demo comes out on Tuesday we will probably know for sure about the starters right? That'll be nice. To be done with all this speculating

I'm looking forward to the pokedex finally leaking so I can build a team like the giant obsessive compusive nerd that I am. Though some poke's have already got a space on the squad. I don't care what he evolves into I love mah baby Litten and I will be a good poke mom.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Incidentally, despite the wording of Bruxish and Tsareena's abilities being different in English, they have the exact same wording in Japanese. So the question is at this point, do they affect priority moves, or just the attacks?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the koala never evolves either.

Don't you dare say that I've been pumped to see what he evolves into since the day we met eyes. He evolves, I know it!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I like it but I'm a little dissapointed that it's fighting. Steel would be cooler. Also I'm predicting the stats will be something like

95 HP
125 Atk
120 Def
95 SpAtk
75 SpDef
90 Speed

I'd be ok with a dragon conkeldurr that can also use draco

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Incidentally, despite the wording of Bruxish and Tsareena's abilities being different in English, they have the exact same wording in Japanese. So the question is at this point, do they affect priority moves, or just the attacks?

I've been seriously puzzling over this. From what I've seen Bruxish's ability make itself immune to priority. Tsareena's however might be a field altering ability. As in during doubles for example, nobody on the other side is a getting a priority move in. There's also the question of how either effects Prankster or Gale wings. It's very hard to tell. Once they've been used in battle maybe someone can specify the details.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

FishBulb posted:

We'll know the base stat of every pokemon and people will be cracking open any gimmick introduced this gen by noon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm gonna be really upset if ugly Tsareena's ability is the one you want in doubles. I'd much rather use Bruxish, a truly beautiful pokemon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ash-greninja is extremely good

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

ash-greninja is extremely good

Greninja's fine it's the other bit that rankles me. Also the implication that Ash is the one giving it away like. Yeah I fuckin' lost with this thing here you take it. Like gently caress me if he wasn't repellent enough. I hope his pokemon escape from Oak labs and start their own civilization the hell away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Flopsy posted:

Greninja's fine it's the other bit that rankles me. Also the implication that Ash is the one giving it away like. Yeah I fuckin' lost with this thing here you take it. Like gently caress me if he wasn't repellent enough. I hope his pokemon escape from Oak labs and start their own civilization the hell away from him.

I too am angry about a slight by a fictional character that only exists in my mind.