Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

i'm looking at it now, and has anyone noticed... X... 10...

NinXdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

here's a fun game i like to play when bored (usually driving): what do you think the nx stands for ??

i think it's Nexus

The Nintendo Xenomorph. The company is reading the tea leaves again and has decided to begin a bioweapons division.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Nintendo Xenomorph. The company is reading the tea leaves again and has decided to begin a bioweapons division.

Gonna wait all night outside the Stop for the first run Xenomiibos.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

The Nintendo NX is an indescribable console. It doesn't physically appear to conform to any sorts of laws of reality or euclidean geometry. The color of its shell doesn't occur in nature at all. You can't focus your eyes on it - if you tried looking directly at the NX your vision sort of slides over it constantly. The only way you can catch a glimpse of it is occasionally from the corner of your eye, but trying to comprehend what you are seeing drives even a stronger man insane.

Some say it's a new form of NDA protection from Nintendo for beta testers. Some think the company is dealing in some shady occult business. The multitude of ancient runes adorning the NX's shipping box raise questions that the user manual leaves unanswered.

When you lay down to bed and switch off the lights sometimes in the middle of the night a faint voice can be heard. "Letsa play" it beckons from the darkness. A faint glow emanates from your living room.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh no i dropped my nx and it shattered to bits

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hungry Bit posted:

The Nintendo NX is an indescribable console. It doesn't physically appear to conform to any sorts of laws of reality or euclidean geometry. The color of its shell doesn't occur in nature at all. You can't focus your eyes on it - if you tried looking directly at the NX your vision sort of slides over it constantly. The only way you can catch a glimpse of it is occasionally from the corner of your eye, but trying to comprehend what you are seeing drives even a stronger man insane.

Some say it's a new form of NDA protection from Nintendo for beta testers. Some think the company is dealing in some shady occult business. The multitude of ancient runes adorning the NX's shipping box raise questions that the user manual leaves unanswered.

When you lay down to bed and switch off the lights sometimes in the middle of the night a faint voice can be heard. "Letsa play" it beckons from the darkness. A faint glow emanates from your living room.

am i reading kotaku... or a prophetic lost work of freaking Edgar Allen Poe !!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

a.lo posted:

Give it 30 seconds and it'll reconfigure itself like the T-1000. Such is the power of the NX.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

Just as dwarves lost the secrets of true mythril, Nintendo can no longer weave indestructable Nintendium.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Still no real Metroid game, ridiculous

metroid prime 4 just came out?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

they should release mario galaxy 3 instead

i think they will

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not looking forward to people saying "they should've just called it the NX" when the actual name is announced

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not looking forward to people saying "they should've just called it the NX" when the actual name is announced

we can call it the nx. we have the power

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

the nintendo pedigree

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Blazing Zero posted:

we can call it the nx. we have the power

Now you're naming with power.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

a.lo posted:

the nintendo pedigree

Should've kept the Nintendo Curbstomp imo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Should've kept the Nintendo Curbstomp imo

i'd be okay with nintendo naming their consoles off of wrestler's finishing moves

sout
Apr 24, 2014

a.lo posted:

i'd be okay with nintendo naming their consoles off of wrestler's finishing moves

You must watch some pretty loving brutal wrestling

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

I don't think people would be comfortable buying the Nintendo Crippler Crossface

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i don't

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

a.lo posted:

I can't believe they banned the NX

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hace posted:

I can't believe they banned the NX

New thread title please.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think you guys are really gonna like what's cooking over at Nintendo Headquarters... let's just say 2+0+1+7 may add up to "An X" in your future. ;)

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
they should make it ultra flimsy like they do with cell phones so that most people end up having to buy more than one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Reiley posted:

I think you guys are really gonna like what's cooking over at Nintendo Headquarters... let's just say 2+0+1+7 may add up to "An X" in your future. ;)

i'm trying to solve this but i don't know what letter 0 is supposed to be

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

oddium posted:

i'm looking at it now, and has anyone noticed... X... 10...

...do?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think people would be comfortable buying the Nintendo Crippler Crossface

That's nothing next to Benoit's ultimate finishing move

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Nintendo bought Capcom and they're launching Negaman X on their new system.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Wii U would have sold better if they had called it the Super Wii like I told them to.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

The Wii U would have sold better if they had called it the Super Wii like I told them to.

Hell yeah

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Chill Penguin posted:

NXcite Truck

I hope they release a HD port of Excite Truck for the NX.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

sout posted:

You must watch some pretty loving brutal wrestling

The Nintendo Bucklebomb will be so good, might end a few careers.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lol if you don't read nx phonetically as 'nks

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They really hosed up calling it the Nintendo We Like Donald Trump

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

a.lo posted:

Commissar Ken posted:

Give it 30 seconds and it'll reconfigure itself like the T-1000. Such is the power of the NX.

The NX was actually sent from a far-distant dystopian future to slay John Connor boredom.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Too many syllables. I would vote for the Nintendo Codebreaker, but people might think that it's a device for safecrackers.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've already been saying it, I'll probably be really disappointed unless the actual name is somehow better. But how could it be, especially from Nintendo?

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

JustJeff88 posted:

Too many syllables. I would vote for the Nintendo Codebreaker, but people might think that it's a device for safecrackers.
I suspect a Tombstone may be more apt.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's Monday, and this week is rumored to be it. I can't wait to feel the winds of disappointment on my face once again after this week blows by with still no NX reveal.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I'm actually kind of hoping that it's two separate devices and that getting both is quite expensive. I'd really rather that than either device being half arsed.

A console being expensive is something that doesn't really bother me, as its a one time cost for a platform lasting (hopefully) five years.

I'll pay £500 for the home and mobile consoles if the thing is 720p +.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/NintendaAmerica/status/784558058647289856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not falling for it.

• Locked thread