Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've never heard of anybody get a personal loan approved from USAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Uhh you should never liquidate a retirement fund for short-term debt. That's what stupid people do. Keeping that money in the TSP is infinitely smarter than what you're about to do with it.

I guess you can take the enlisted out of the Army, but you can't take the Army out of the enlisted.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I realize what the smart thing to do is, but considering it's not my only retirement plan I am ok.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I've never heard of anybody get a personal loan approved from USAA.

Their personal loan rates are terrible anyway. You'll get much better rates on lines of credit or personal loans from a local credit union.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah it's not an issue anymore but I'm gonna shop around when I buy a house again.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 22, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

A dude in my graduate program dropped out last year to work on the Trump campaign. He's back this year (got fired), he wears a MAGA hat, and he got fat. Even the faculty openly talk poo poo about him in front of me. Amazing.

Good lord I wish I were in your shoes. I would talk so much poo poo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 22, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So I passed my last class at my old college, so I officially am eligible to get my AA. I passed with a godddamn 62 on it. I couldn't handle taking two classes while all my poo poo was going on. Like going to 2 colleges at once while still in the military and just having moved. It still. I feel accomplished!

I also am realizing that this poo poo is a lot harder than I was giving it credit for. Really hard at times. Design and Italian are the worst right now but I am enjoying this experience. Design is insane because I had to really change my way of thinking in the class but turned it around from doing D+ work to routinely getting B-A grades. Like, design can be art, but not all art is design.

This is something we just had to do as a group project. I won't say which part is mine but I've always tried to think outside the box in terms of presentation and being able to express that is pretty cool.

The prompt was "unfinished business."

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It looks like I might be able to graduate a semester early :yaycloud:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

The prompt was "unfinished business."

That's really cool. How did you guys divide time at the canvas?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's really cool. How did you guys divide time at the canvas?

What we had to do was cut a Bristol paper in two and then it was up to us to figure out how to use it. The only rules were that the papers had to touch, and you could only use certain materials. I came up with general shape and they modified it. So, we came down to taping the shape down so the gauche wouldn't warp the paper. It also weighted it down so we could all work on it all at once. If you zoom you can actually see a little more detail, some of the shapes and stuff bleed over to different papers. Thanks though. It's about 2 hours of work! After we got the shape down, we kinda agreed that we should do our own thing and bring it together via the way the direction is supposed to take you. So that's why we left the center white, to make sure that it all blends in and we have a base to start out from.

my bit is the black and green squares at the bottom. My style is weird but the teacher and class dig it, and she's helping me kind of tap into it and let it happen. I'm always looking at the medium, how you view it as opposed to what you view. She says it's 'emotionally charged abstract,' and 'unique and unusual.' I double checked and it apparently wasn't a "your poo poo sucks" statement and a "students normally don't draw like this" thing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ok help me out here please. I got a prompt from my school to authorize my Title IV. I did and now I have a refund of like 2k+. Should I be worried about this like "hold onto it because someone is gonna ask for it/it was an accident give it back." Thing?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I made this for my 2D Design class. The prompt was to have a five-panel series that goes from disorder to order. I talked about my idea with my teacher of going from disorder to order to disorder again with the idea of order being a penis that ejaculates and creates a new cycle of disorder.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Pure poetry.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

I made this for my 2D Design class. The prompt was to have a five-panel series that goes from disorder to order. I talked about my idea with my teacher of going from disorder to order to disorder again with the idea of order being a penis that ejaculates and creates a new cycle of disorder.

:captainpop:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Noice

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Dick art, the most veteran of art projects.

*Salutes*

WITH MY DICK

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I had my dick art criticised today and was told that I need to make the second panel look more like a dick. This has to be the best art class. Also, I showed off the dick art book and it got a lot of positive feedback. My teacher thinks it's something that I should pursue more lol

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Pesticide20 posted:

I had my dick art criticised today and was told that I need to make the second panel look more like a dick. This has to be the best art class. Also, I showed off the dick art book and it got a lot of positive feedback. My teacher thinks it's something that I should pursue more lol

:perfect:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Soulex posted:

Ok help me out here please. I got a prompt from my school to authorize my Title IV. I did and now I have a refund of like 2k+. Should I be worried about this like "hold onto it because someone is gonna ask for it/it was an accident give it back." Thing?

quote:

Title IV is a term that refers to federal financial aid funds. Federal regulations state that any federal funds disbursed to a student's account in excess of allowable charges must be delivered to the student

http://studentaccounts.nd.edu/policies-procedures/federal-title-iv-funds-policy/

:420:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress. Yes. Thank you.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

This is excellent news. Goodbye, debt

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah my check came today. 2.8k.

This happens every year? gently caress yeah being a student is awesome as hell

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's almost Halloween, but Yoga butts and tank tops are still all over the place here. gently caress wherever you guys live with "seasons"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Soulex posted:

Yeah my check came today. 2.8k.

This happens every year? gently caress yeah being a student is awesome as hell

No, this happens twice a year. Two semesters, two checks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh my god. I think I just came.

That means I apply for the pell grant twice a year through FAFSA or only once?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Soulex posted:

Oh my god. I think I just came.

That means I apply for the pell grant twice a year through FAFSA or only once?

Once, every August. It should be ~5500/yr, split into however many billing periods are at your school. Typically it's two; Fall and Spring semesters.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Once, every August. It should be ~5500/yr, split into however many billing periods are at your school. Typically it's two; Fall and Spring semesters.

Oh so it's automatic? I do t have to do anything now?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Soulex posted:

Oh so it's automatic? I do t have to do anything now?

Aside from whatever registration process you have to do next semester, no. You typically only deal with financial poo poo once a year.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

What was the rationale behind the Pell grant changes for 2017-18? I'll be interning next summer earning a hefty paycheck so I will no longer technically be a penniless hobo taxable income-wise which may affect my grants... but if I can use my 2015 returns.... :nsa:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think it was to basically make it more accessible. Also god bless the pell grant

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Of all the groups I've been in here most of them have been pretty good. The one exception would be a German class last year where the other two guys bailed out and were never seen again, but we made it work with two people.

This time around I'm in two groups that suck. The first one has two guys who don't like to show up for class, and one of them likes to derail class for political arguments. The other group has two dysfunctional alcoholics. One of them doesn't doesn't make it to class very often. The other one told a delightful story about how she blacked out (Not the only time), and was relieved that the door was still bolted so she knew she hadn't been raped. Neither of them is willing to work on group projects on the weekend either. Can't wait for this semester to be over.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
This Gen Chem 1 class just gets better and better.

:) "Hey Professor, could you extend the deadline for the homework that was due on Saturday? We covered less than half of the material for it last class and we just learned the rest today (Monday)."
:j: "I've told the class that you should be reading ahead in the book and preparing, you can come to office hours or use the tutoring services available."
:commissar: "So what you're saying is that we're responsible for material that you haven't covered because...?"

My brain is full of gently caress.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Welcome to college

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Won't lie, kind of pissed when this happens without a proper heads up

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Had to miss some days cause my insomnia hosed everything up again. Good news is i finally got some pills for that. They worked last night so, here's hopin.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

Had to miss some days cause my insomnia hosed everything up again. Good news is i finally got some pills for that. They worked last night so, here's hopin.

Just as a helpful FYI, Ambien is the God-King of "Less is more"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just as a helpful FYI, Ambien is the God-King of "Less is more"

I can't do Ambien.

The sleeping pill they gave me was some Hydro whatever. It works, takes a bit to kick in but it works. It's an anti-histaime or whatever.

No, Ambien makes me do things in my sleep. I don't want to chase the walrus anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ambien is so bizarre. Without fail, I will take it, continue on with my night then suddenly find myself waking up with having to Memento what happened between popping the pill and getting into bed.

• Locked thread