Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Okay I'm wondering how they are going to get around not using Mafuba every time they fight.

It's not going to work.
It didn't even work on Piccolo Daimao.

So that's how they'll get around it, 'cos it won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah didn't PIccolo end up sealing Kami instead?

Overall pretty decent episode. Kinda hilarious how the zenkai is being abused like hell here with Black Goku.

Also the Mafuba isn't like end all be all tech. Zamasu can just blast the pot or whatever they are using before Black is sealed.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 16, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shindragon posted:

Yeah didn't PIccolo end up sealing Kami instead?

Overall pretty decent episode. Kinda hilarious how the zenkai is being abused like hell here with Black Goku.

Also the Mafuba isn't like end all be all tech. Zamasu can just blast the pot or whatever they are using before Black is sealed.

Uh I think they plan on sealing Zamasu with it as he is the one they can't kill.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

MonsterEnvy posted:

Uh I think they plan on sealing Zamasu with it as he is the one they can't kill.

They are both Zamasu. :v: But yeah no I got that mixed up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm guessing Zamasu gets sealed, Black gets beaten up and then he just switches the earring to his other ear to release Zamasu from the seal by fusing with him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Actually, I take it back.

(future ep title spoiler knowledge) I think the Mafuba will ultimately work but only once the merged Zamasu has been utterly defeated already, to a point where he simply can't fight back and the mafuba will still end up obsolete because any other enemy will be killed by this point, Zamasu won't be because he's immortal.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Actually, I take it back.

(future ep title spoiler knowledge) I think the Mafuba will ultimately work but only once the merged Zamasu has been utterly defeated already, to a point where he simply can't fight back and the mafuba will still end up obsolete because any other enemy will be killed by this point, Zamasu won't be because he's immortal.

Funny that Piccolo didn't Mafuba on Super Buu in the time chamber, when Gotenks had kicked his rear end and completely disintegrated him. He really dropped the ball there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forget the specific context in the episode, but it's interesting that when the flashed back to the old adult Mai, they gave her the blue eyes she had in Dragonball.

I like all Mai, but blue eyes Mai is my Mai.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rutibex posted:

Funny that Piccolo didn't Mafuba on Super Buu in the time chamber, when Gotenks had kicked his rear end and completely disintegrated him. He really dropped the ball there.

I dunno man, I mean Super Buu ripped a goddamn hole in the dimension to get out of the Hyper Time Chamber.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This saga is really really good. Is it up there for anyone else?

Rutibex posted:

I liked the brief moment of reanimated Dragonball Classic :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2tKIGfNAo

Dragon Ball owns.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's certainly my favorite arc so far in Super.

I think I'll need some time before I can decide how it ranks compared to the arcs in DB and DBZ for me though.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jedah posted:

If Immortal Zamasu and Black fused, would they become an immortal being, or would they default back to being mortal again?

I imagine the dragon is enough of a rules stickler that the wish will end up not applying to the fusion, because only that one Zamasu wished to be immortal and technically no longer exists if they do the permanent potara fusion

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

A good reason the mafuba isn't the end-all technique is because it requires specific items: a container with a lid, a string and a talisman. You think Son "Forgot the senzu beans while taking a piss" Goku is going to carry around a backpack full of wizard reagents with him to Neo New Namek 3?

E: That's also the reason Piccolo couldn't have used it on Super Buu in the time chamber.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Anyone know why Blacks zenkai seems to be on steroids?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The only bad thing in this saga is how they keep time travelling back and foward.

Very excited to see how the manga handles it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Veg posted:

The only bad thing in this saga is how they keep time travelling back and foward.

Very excited to see how the manga handles it.

Doesn't time travel keep making new timelines each time they do it? Wonder if this will come up in the Tournament arc that is suppose to be next?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Maybe because (that) Goku is dead, it triggers zenkai constantly?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Because Zenkai has always raised Saiyans to levels where their combat ability is dramatically appropriate and nothing more.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hjalmar posted:

E: That's also the reason Piccolo couldn't have used it on Super Buu in the time chamber.

Piccolo totally could have used it anywhere, making jars lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exwlv5hEpmI

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Lord of Pie posted:

I imagine the dragon is enough of a rules stickler that the wish will end up not applying to the fusion, because only that one Zamasu wished to be immortal and technically no longer exists if they do the permanent potara fusion

The dragons are sentient and Sheron's been shown to interpret wishes however he feels like. Super dragon ball dragon's probably real salty about the whole exploding thing

Caros
May 14, 2008

It's not going to work.
It didn't even work on Piccolo Daimao.

So that's how they'll get around it, 'cos it won't work.

The whole reason Piccolo Daimao went around killing martial artists and pissing off Goku is because he got trapped in a rice cooker by the Mafuba. It would have worked the second time too if Master Roshi had better aim.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

jesus the animation this week is bad

also why doe snobody want to use the loving senzu beans

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I always thought that it was because before Black went and found F.Zamasu he made a second wish for unlimited battle potential or a constant rising battle potential. Since just having Goku's body shouldn't allow him to constantly get stronger.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also i don't like the current ED

gently caress!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

also i don't like the current ED

gently caress!!
I don't like this ED or the "Yuka Yuka Dance" or whatever one either. "Forever Dreaming" I really liked.

I'm a bit sick of the OP now though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

jesus the animation this week is bad

They are saving up for the important episodes! Apparently next week the guy who animated this sequence is being brought back, so expect good things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f18nEHa2pKI&t=170s

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yuka Dance is the best ED in the freaking series I'll have you know

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

all the best eds were from dbz kai

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dias posted:

Yuka Dance is the best ED in the freaking series I'll have you know
I hope Zamasu destroys your timeline.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i want real boring sad songs instead of fun goofy stuff in my anime about a cat god fighting a hungry monkey :colbert:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The last ED was the best and IDK why they changed it so quick.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

turtle nooo

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So if the Mafuba works on Turtle, does that mean he's secretly evil?

Is TFS drug dealer Turtle canon?!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Turtle. Turles. Very similar names. Makes you think...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

So if the Mafuba works on Turtle, does that mean he's secretly evil?

Is TFS drug dealer Turtle canon?!

Kami also confirmed evil.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Caros posted:

The whole reason Piccolo Daimao went around killing martial artists and pissing off Goku is because he got trapped in a rice cooker by the Mafuba. It would have worked the second time too if Master Roshi had better aim.

So, yea, it didn't work.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So, yea, it didn't work.

Except, you know, the first time when it trapped him for so long that the existence of a creature thst nearly drove humanity to extinction became a myth.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And then when it was relevant, it didn't work.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

And then when it was relevant, it didn't work.

It worked really well against Piccolo Daimao the first time since it did the only thing a non-protagonist technique can do: Stall until Goku arrives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
lets be real, the mafuba isnt going to work

• Locked thread