Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

Chomp8645 posted:

Official release is meaningless for games like this.

It's already released. At some point it will go free to play, which they will call "release".

Official release help with not getting your character reset every 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Frog 1.0 posted:

Official release help with not getting your character reset every 3 months.

The best part of the game

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
idk who 2 trust nemore

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Suxpool posted:

idk who 2 trust nemore

trust chris roberts

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
blame yourself, or blame god

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Percelus posted:

trust chris roberts

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

blame yourself, or blame god

drat son

u throwin me a heavy quote from FFT...

i have to sit down for a bit

or maybe lie down and reevaluate my life choices....

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is that super shady site still buying accounts up for this?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

yeah im pretty sure you can still sell game accounts on sa mart

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah im pretty sure you can still sell game accounts on sa mart

:newlol:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Will trade for jade figurines

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

It's not all bad news. What's old is new again, and we have more skeltal grinds to look forward to! :peanut:

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

2DCAT posted:

It's not all bad news. What's old is new again, and we have more skeltal grinds to look forward to! :peanut:

Clearly this will turn it all around.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shodai posted:

Clearly this will turn it all around.

There's only one thing to do to fix the game. Re. Add. Gems.

I'll explain tomorrow, gotta run to a meeting.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im currently in a meeting and it looks like weve reached a decision. those things no one liked? well all of you were wrong :grin:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone please explain gems to a non-player.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Chomp8645 posted:

Someone please explain gems to a non-player.

adding extra generic components to crafted materials

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ok well remember how pve in this game was utterly boring and unfun? it still is and gems make you do tons more of it

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
:lol:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ah, adding semi-mandatory PvE elements into a PvP focused game. The eternal lure of bad devs everywhere.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
It's really close to being a truly good and fun game; I'm not saying it's a likely outcome based on the last 6 months, but it's possible.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Ah, adding semi-mandatory PvE elements into a PvP focused game. The eternal lure of bad devs everywhere.

you can't have an mmo, even a half-assed one, without pve grind to keep everybody occupied and give a value to the gear used in said pvp

JUST CAN'T DO IT

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

It's really close to being a truly good and fun game; I'm not saying it's a likely outcome based on the last 6 months, but it's possible.

i used to be the guy saying that the devs keep reworking poo poo but there's no way they are just launching alpha and beta after beta without documenting some lessons learned during all this, right? its two years later and we've gone full circle. next they will re-add the endless carrot farming grind to maintain buildings because 'only the dedicated deserve to have this level of market making' or some poo poo.

it was fun killing people and looting their poo poo during all these god damned tests though and it probably will be for about a month after this shitheap finally shoves off the shore for real

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

oh yeah i'm definitely playing every release from now until launch, but the longevity is totally determined by SI.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Basically you should stop playing AO when the first people get to T6. Simple rule of thumb. Up until then it's fun. I haven't logged in for something like a 2 weeks now? I can't even bring myself to do so. What a waste this game is.. so what's fun to play currently and what games are coming up soon?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Basically you should stop playing AO when the first people get to T6. Simple rule of thumb. Up until then it's fun. I haven't logged in for something like a 2 weeks now? I can't even bring myself to do so. What a waste this game is.. so what's fun to play currently and what games are coming up soon?

I'll agree; the beginning stages (first week or two) of AO are unquestionably fun.

Sadly, no games are fun to play, all games are bad.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

forge posted:

hackmud is pretty fun. Make scripts hack pubbies take all their virtual money. It's a hacking MMO. If command line UI MMO where you can code scams and steal everything from someone that is offline isn't what you want I don't know what to tell you.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
sounds dumb as poo poo do you get a sword

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

hackmud is cool if you already are into writing javascript. if you arent, its just a endless acquire virtual money simulator because watching your numbers go up is cool i guess

its not actually fun though. just like ao isnt anymore

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I would love to be a fly on the wall to read the results of that survey they just sent out.

BEST OPTION: stop playing until release.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
bercilak is a mess! :smugdon:

albion is a mistake alright? a waste

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

a total disaster.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

trump memes are illegal and well i wont have them in MY albion

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

trump memes are illegal and well i wont have them in MY albion

for you

the paywall just got 10 dollars higher

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

for you

the paywall just got 10 dollars higher

I tempted to start combining trump+chvrches into a single mega meme, just to see how high this paywall can go.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

make scotland great again? haha but this is impossible. it was never great

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

make scotland great again? haha but this is impossible. it was never great

Wow, don't make me (re)build a wall!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

pixaal posted:

hackmud is pretty fun. Make scripts hack pubbies take all their virtual money. It's a hacking MMO. If command line UI MMO where you can code scams and steal everything from someone that is offline isn't what you want I don't know what to tell you.

Yo pixaal didn't know you frequented this hole. Hackmud is indeed fun.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
do you remember when I got banned for calling devs bad

something something something irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kimsemus posted:

do you remember when I got banned for calling devs bad

something something something irony

Free this guy or don't

• Locked thread