Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ComfyPants posted:

If true, it would be the first time anything in the thread got released.

I got a release for ya... he he he

* shifts weight to one side *

E: cat tax

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seriously though I'm beginning to feel like Derek did in Tracergate.

For every post from here on discussing the purchasing of idiot boxes I will protest by refusing to post for an entire page

Box! Box BOX BOX BOX BOXY BOXYBOXBOX BOX!

- demo was a waste of time Yes
- that was constructed and staged only for the purpose of the show Yes - "citizencon_homestead
- that does not represent true gameplay we will found in SC Who knows?
- this stuff is akin to NMS constructed demos with all the dinosaurs and beautiful stuff. Yes
- this is first and foremost them showing progress No, they were doing the demo instead of making progress
- and putting multiple systems together No, they were putting a demo together
- that it could represent an example mission Who knows?
- that the gameplay we saw will be what we will be able to experience as players. Star Citizen is never coming out

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Just do it once or twice to either a-rate the sidewinder or buy and d-rate a much better ship like the cobra or the DBS, then you can do whatever you like. It's just a shortcut to get out of the very early game no-cash no-cargo no-chance in a fight stage.

Avoid grinding or it'll kill the game for you.

This, exactly.

IMHO, the biggest flaw with E:D is the early game.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

:shobon:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Make it a chili dog

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I remember watching that. I thought they were making fun of it crashing constantly whenever the animation finished.

How wrong I was.

And the helmet animation isn't even in the game right now!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I just like giving you poo poo dude, it's fun.

better. now, see if you can avoid 'absolute dismissal of argument because of the person presenting it' which here often takes the form of pictures or gifs. also see if you can present an argument without 'community approved company lines that do nothing to counter the criticism' which here takes the form of threadmemes.

by avoiding these you will undoubtedly still come off looking like a bitch because you are incapable of mounting offense at me or defense of your own retardation but you will probably be less like citizens.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I am ashamed that I have to go to sleep and will miss the thread reaching page 6000. That said, the idea of griefing ben lesnick, unrepentant horrible person, by purchasing and destroying animation cells from a show only he cares about is a very goony thing to do and it makes me giggle a lot.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Ill most likely miss page 6000 due to taking a dump.
Part of me is sad.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
My main takeaway from the CitizenCon Apology was:

300+ Staff worked on 2 1 projects and sadly couldn't get it to work.

That can't be true.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

My main takeaway from the CitizenCon Apology was:

300+ Staff worked on 2 1 projects and sadly couldn't get it to work.

That can't be true.

Excuse me, have you followed this game's development at all recently? That's exactly what you should be expecting :v:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

no_recall posted:

Whoever's managing CIG's Marketing Dept now is definitely not Sandi.

Sandi : Male nerds getting more male nerds

Sandi : Female streamers attracting new blood into the "community".

Good marketing move though.

The desperate attempt to make the dune worm a meme smacks of a marketing firm too.

At least it's less embarrassing than alliwantforxmasisapsp

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Marching Powder posted:

better. now, see if you can avoid 'absolute dismissal of argument because of the person presenting it' which here often takes the form of pictures or gifs. also see if you can present an argument without 'community approved company lines that do nothing to counter the criticism' which here takes the form of threadmemes.

by avoiding these you will undoubtedly still come off looking like a bitch because you are incapable of mounting offense at me or defense of your own retardation but you will probably be less like citizens.

Have you tried D&D, friend? I hear it has lots of this.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

orcane posted:

Excuse me, have you followed this game's development at all recently? That's exactly what you should be expecting :v:

Not to poo poo on the team, I stand firmly that they are very competent and talented, all of them.

But just look at how CR shits on everything, he's like a little boy that cries whenever he doesn't get what he wants.

Also how that video frames CR as the main "star" of the show makes me sick.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Marching Powder posted:

Sorry, you typed a bunch of poo poo but I didn't bother reading it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

Not to poo poo on the team, I stand firmly that they are very competent and talented, all of them.

But just look at how CR shits on everything, he's like a little boy that cries whenever he doesn't get what he wants.

Also how that video frames CR as the main "star" of the show makes me sick.

I would say most of them, but Chris' incompetence runs very deep and all signs pointed towards "team can't achieve anything despite of their skills, because of Chris" early on.

It's nice of him to confirm the claims put forth by "leaver" reviews on Glassdoor last year.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'm too pro a poster to read your two paragraphs, but I will read every word of a six thousand page thread that doesn't make me feel bad including, but not limited to, 1000 word Derek Smart fan fiction and about a hundred pages worth of Jokes about a man being fat.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
lol

So easy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Marching Powder really needs to refactor his posting style.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

I'm too pro a poster to read your two paragraphs, but I will read every word of a six thousand page thread that doesn't make me feel bad including, but not limited to, 1000 word Derek Smart fan fiction and about a hundred pages worth of Jokes about a man being fat.
I didn't read this either, nor did I delete it because I'm lazy as gently caress to boot.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Stop touching Marching Powder.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

Marching Powder is the Anti-Goldbond

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

Yeah, the airport sniffer dogs will catch you if you do.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Marching Powder, honest question, what kind of hat do you wear?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

lol

So easy.

Puppet master three times in a row.

Has anyone ever seen puppet master used by someone who isn't in the process of definitively losing an internet argument but cannot stop posting?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dig up!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Puppet master three times in a row.

Has anyone ever seen puppet master used by someone who isn't in the process of definitively losing an internet argument but cannot stop posting?
If you wrote up something like fourth_stimpire.txt you'd be more entertaining.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I puppermastered someone else's conversation with Marching Powder :smuggo:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've got a better idea than buying the boxes: contact EA and find out how much they want for the Wing Commander IP. Do a Kickstarter to raise that money. Get "Derek Smart's Wing Commander: a Derek Smart Game by Derek Smart" released.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sunswipe posted:

I've got a better idea than buying the boxes: contact EA and find out how much they want for the Wing Commander IP. Do a Kickstarter to raise that money. Get "Derek Smart's Wing Commander: a Derek Smart Game by Derek Smart" released.

Will it star Derek Smart in the FMVs FMDSs? Otherwise, I'm not backing it.

Also, was it really accurate to call them FMVs when they were only at half-resolution with interlacing black lines?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 17, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Marching Powder posted:

Actually, most of us don't do that. By this point I just tune in here to see if there's a funny new picture, if a friend-o is posting or just to touch the thread sheriff.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Will it star Derek Smart in the FMVs FMDSs? Otherwise, I'm not backing it.

He's the commanding officer briefing you on your missions against the Shilrathi.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
As usual the smallest few pages throwing some jokes around funny or not seems to drive some people into a complete tailspin...like thanks guys who don't like a joke down vote and move on yeah?? Seriously who's making this a tedious read the hit n miss one liners or the goon essayists dedicated to proper and correct posting. Also stfu. if your post is the one lacking content that simply whines about other posts guess what, you are the problem.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How dare they joke about boxes!

-Solid Snake

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ben will be in a box, chris will be in a cell, sandi's acting is cardboard, and lando will need a box when he's sleeping on the streets again.

Come on marching powder,bitch at me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

a whole buncha crows posted:

As usual the smallest few pages throwing some jokes around funny or not seems to drive some people into a complete tailspin...like thanks guys who don't like a joke down vote and move on yeah?? Seriously who's making this a tedious read the hit n miss one liners or the goon essayists dedicated to proper and correct posting. Also stfu. if your post is the one lacking content that simply whines about other posts guess what, you are the problem.

I've still got 11 pages to go before I'm even I'm the same ballpark as the saga of the box and this is way funnier. Don't worry though, you'll still get your thousand post retard chat when the thread is slow.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

He's the commanding officer briefing you on your missions against the Shilrathi.

Briefings will be unskippable. You can try to skip them, but... well, you can guess what happens.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Yeah you sound reasonable and like you think before you post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Complains about people making fun of others.

Unironically calls people retards.

Lol.

• Locked thread