Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Dr. Faustus posted:

So now I finally know where the "Ferrari: More than you can afford" meme came from. I haven't watched any of the F&F movies but I understand they get pretty good at some point. Is it around five or six?

I liked what the F&F director did with Star Trek Beyond, especially with Simon Pegg helping write the script. Yeah, it was dumb in a lot of ways but, um, that's Star Trek. The visuals were pretty sick, especially Yorktown Station and the swarming death of Enterprise. [not starting a derail, just asking where to pick up Fast & Furious if at all.]

watch the first one of course because it is awesome but justin lin didn't start directing them until #3 with Tokyo Drift which owns and is focused on a character that is an undisciplined/experienced driver.

also like half the screenshots i've posted in this thread are skins based on movies, many of which are :rice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The best scene in the whole series: (edit: this scene is basically forza horizon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQqPZF-V44E

"I thought you loved me!!" ... "Oh Well *shift". Classic.

Everything else is just point break or oceans 11.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 17, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Um, can you narrow it down to, say, the very best three?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
#1, then #1 and then watch #1 again. You're done.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

1, 3 and 4.

This is like those "What order do you show them star wars" threads.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

1 and 3 are definitely the best but you can't quit without seeing the one in Brazil

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Y'all jes' makin' fun o' me. :(

Just kidding, I actually thought I'd read that the movies turn from poo poo to actually kinda smart stupid fun popcorn action flicks later on. Like, 7 being the best. C/D?

VV Seriously?!? Seriously. Seriously?!?!?! V

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 17, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr. Faustus posted:

So now I finally know where the "Ferrari: More than you can afford" meme came from. I haven't watched any of the F&F movies but I understand they get pretty good at some point. Is it around five or six?

I liked what the F&F director did with Star Trek Beyond, especially with Simon Pegg helping write the script. Yeah, it was dumb in a lot of ways but, um, that's Star Trek. The visuals were pretty sick, especially Yorktown Station and the swarming death of Enterprise. [not starting a derail, just asking where to pick up Fast & Furious if at all.]

All of them are loving amazing.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

#1 (The Fast and the Furious) is Point Break with cars.
#3 (Tokyo Drift) is about the big mountain drift track from Forza 4 with cars. Han is awesome.
#5 (Fast Five) is Ocean's 11 with cars.

Star Trek Beyond rips off Mars Attacks!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

#1 (The Fast and the Furious) is Point Break with cars.
#3 (Tokyo Drift) is about the big mountain drift track from Forza 4 with cars. Han is awesome.
#5 (Fast Five) is Ocean's 11 with cars.
This. This makes sense. 7 isn't the best? What movie is 7, geeves? :)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

This. This makes sense. 7 isn't the best? What movie is 7, geeves? :)

#7 feels like it was directed into a tree by Michael Bay.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

geeves posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAiM8xR1CfM&t=37s

in #6 they resurrect a character that has amnesia lmao

#4 is the most boring/forgettable one imo but even that is enjoyable

i heard the next one will have charlize theron which will have a dozen of potential italian job/mad max jokes to play with

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

:stare:
In that case, I am sorry I brought it up.

Thief posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAiM8xR1CfM&t=37s

in #6 they resurrect a character that has amnesia lmao

#4 is the most boring/forgettable one imo but even that is enjoyable

i heard the next one will have charlize theron which will have a dozen of potential italian job/mad max jokes to play with

poo poo I just watched that stupid-hot garbage and I laughed and thought it would look great on my home theater. Guess I'm in.

Ok, thanks everyone for participating in my derail. I have enough info to go on and I hope to have some stupid fun popcorn flick movie-time later.

We now return you to your regular updates on someone's system specs and FH3 performance issues.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 17, 2016

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Dr. Faustus posted:

We eventually talked smack more than we raced. Dude's good people.

I raced Goliath last night in the HE GT-R (+XP) with the 3x XP perk. Just one lap because I didn't know the course yet and it was late, I was fading fast (I realized I gotten up for work on four hours' sleep at 08:30 on Saturday and was in bed at 08:30 on Sunday, whew). Just one lap, I shot up four levels and earned something like 90k credits. I'm gonna try one of those four lap blueprints I think, to start off Week 4.

I just don't have time for gaming during the workweek. I'm a news junky, I need my election news fix.

If anyone is up for campaign co-op tonight let me know. I've got two lvl 5 Festivals and the other three are lvl 4, so I have plenty to do.

FH2 was great, I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the Storm Island expansion, it was "extreme." FH3 wins: with prettier graphics, the new fans & festival boss stuff, the hired drivatars, the incentive of random head-to-head races leading to street races leading to midnight battles, and the inclusion of a race like goliath which you can do as often as you like, change the number of laps, etc. FH2 only let you race the final big whole-map race twice, then never again.
FH3 wins by light years.

Hey, Week Three standings haven't been wiped yet, so here's an update from about 17:45 EDT:

Robots is workin' it.

Welcome, A1ohaSnackbar!

I just got back from bobbys birtfday n im trippin balls wanna group up

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I marathoned all the Fast movies (including Turbo-Charged Prelude and Los Bandoleros) before watching #7 and I'd have to say my top three are 1, 3, and 5.

The first one sets up the characters and was the source of most of the memes. Tokyo Drift (3) is only loosely connected to rest of the series but is really fun to watch and basically set the tone for the ones that followed. Fast Five is the Brazil one and is where the crew basically become full-blown action heroes. Furious 7 I think is up there as well, but probably wouldn't be as memorable if it weren't for Paul's death and the final scenes. That fork in the road always seems to coincide with someone cutting onions.

2 Fast 2 Furious is basically forgettable aside from what became memes, the fourth and sixth are better but still can definitely be skipped if you aren't really in to the series. That said if you're bored and feel like killing a day and a case or three of beer you can't go wrong watching them all at least once. Treat them like B movies, turn your brain off and embrace the 24 speed transmissions.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

taels posted:

I just got back from bobbys birtfday n im trippin balls wanna group up
You can take the goon out of TCC, but...

yeah bruh I'm on my way

Just look at your controller... your sanity is in there... cherish it... your sanity!

Get online you schmoe. Also, anyone else wants to get stupid, get online now.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 17, 2016

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Dr. Faustus posted:

You can take the goon out of TCC, but...

yeah bruh I'm on my way

Just look at your controller... your sanity is in there... cherish it... your sanity!

Get online you schmoe. Also, anyone else wants to get stupid, get online now.

Grabbin a beer then illbe on

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fast and Furious? Jeez why don't you guys watch real racing movies like Stroker Ace or Driven instead of that dumb ricer crap.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha I actually watched Stroker Ace on my Dad's bedroom TV when cable first rolled out in Illinois. Don't ask me the year, it was... long long ago.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Cubey posted:

Fast and Furious? Jeez why don't you guys watch real racing movies like Stroker Ace or Driven instead of that dumb ricer crap.

In Tokyo Drift they swap a GTR engine into a Mustang, that's about as Forza as trashcar media gets aside from Ken Block's AWD Hoonicorn :allears:

They have a RWD Evo in the same movie because the production team did not have the same front/rear power ratio slider that is found in-game.

Thief fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 17, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Thief posted:

In Tokyo Drift they swap a GTR engine into a Mustang, that's about as Forza as trashcar media gets aside from Ken Block's AWD Mustang :allears:

An actual improvement since straight 6 engines are cool as gently caress

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the sound alone is why I put one in my irl S13 lmao

had to buy an M1 because someone recreated one of my favorites:

I didn't check but there are probably some other cool designs on there like this:

it is a fun car to drive stock so I would recommend checking it out though it can be found in some of the more serious pc racing sims already if you're interested in more than just drifting it around random roads.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
That loving ladder man. I poopsocked all week for that poo poo and still couldn't pull of a win, not really even close. YOU JERKS.

I was doing 4lap Goliath with x3 XP in an XP Bonus HE car. It was like 20-22 levels per race @ 45min or so, all said and done.

I was thinking of doing more laps, but I really start to fall off on lap 4.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
should have done the drifttapping with a drift skills car like us other cheats :P

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Pinny posted:

should have done the drifttapping with a drift skills car like us other cheats :P

I missed the boat on the drift tap thing. I'm decent, at best, at drifting and the few times I tried to see what all the fuss was about, I didn't get any drift tap skill points, so :iiam:

edit: oh this was a proper game exploit. I never got in on it :(

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 17, 2016

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Did you drift tap or drift slam?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

It really is a beautiful game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I noticed that despite turning it off in the settings , there was still an array of nvidia game capture services in my task manager still open so I uninstalled GeForce experience. No crashes since but could just be luck

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I was getting so many HE spins, since the patch I see maybe one HE every 10 spins. Hasn't hit in a while :(

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Got 22 levels from five rounds of Goliath. One hour and two minutes. Three HE cars.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The best part of Goliath is when you come across cars with broken AI, just doing donuts in the street or whatever.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Now that the drift tap has been nerfed is it better to run Goliath with an XP boost or drift boost car?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Atmus posted:

The best part of Goliath is when you come across cars with broken AI, just doing donuts in the street or whatever.

There's a bridge near the end the track where there has been an AI that fell off and got stuck underneath every single time I've raced it.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I had one that was just tooling around in the shipwreck area. No why.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I've been buying driving games all my life, trying to find that one title that scratches the itch. Seems like Horizon 3 is the one - I'm having a blast! I'm totally poo poo, though, so I drive with all assistance possible, so my apologies for all of those I've knocked down the list today: no skill noobery incarnate, me.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Assists are generally detrimental to going faster and/or sideways.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I've been chasing Nuts and Gum/HolodeckGlitch's drivatars for a very long time now. This morning I had the pleasure of running a lap of Goliath with him. Cheers, man; it was fun. Thanks!

You other guys (looking at you, Dizz) who kept ignoring my invites... shame! *ding* Shame! *ding*

Just kidding. It's been fun playing co-op with you guys. I've never really played a Horizon game online before this week. It's worth it. The XP is great, and so is the conversation.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
That was a good time! We need to get a few more GRRC peeps in one instance so we can take over some lobbies!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
My xbox is just sitting on. Sorry i ignored your invites. If you shoot me a message ahead of time when to be around ill try harder next time.

I get my 6 daily hours of political talk in in podcast form during work, so im ready to argue and get probated in DnD race online in the evenings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

Thief posted:

Assists are generally detrimental to going faster and/or sideways.

Yeah, drifting doesn't work in kiddy mode. Can't even do that "easy" bucket list challenge in the parking lot.

Once I've finished doing all the fun stuff, I'll pick a nice driftmobile, drop the abs and traction control and try to ease myself into it. Who knows, I might even enjoy it :D

• Locked thread