Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Just don't bother with the sylph dailies until 60. Everything there is too low to aggro you then, and while the runs are tedious you at least won't be interrupted. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

3.45 is on "Nov 11". edit: They probably mean November 8.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

It's Nov 1st.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0a4641de0d0197411010ae145937723724a241f5

Asimo posted:

Just don't bother with the sylph dailies until 60. Everything there is too low to aggro you then, and while the runs are tedious you at least won't be interrupted. :effort:

Yeah, and if you get a FATE quest, just abandon it unless the FATE is already up, with plenty of time to get there/kill and not progressing. Bad timers in that zone and it sucks to navigate.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 17, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

pretty sure nov 11 is a typo, they never patch on Fridays

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilifinicus posted:

pretty sure nov 11 is a typo, they never patch on Fridays

Oh, I didn't twig that, you're probably right, especially considering it says Tuesday there too.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Someone tell me if the lorebook is worth getting because at £35 I'm heavily tempted to. :ohdear:

If you're in the UK and can thus get that relatively cheap UK shipping, very worth it. It has a ton of new lore information and confirms certain things long suspected (like the Dunesfolk uniformly being descendants of the Mhachi Lalafells and Nym having been primarily a Plansfolk town, and some centuries later a lot of former Nymians filtered back into Limsa, though how Nymian they still were at that point is up for debate.)

A lot of that stuff is making me want to once again go potato even more, since I'd noticed a long time ago that many of my main jobs (SCH and BLM) are very heavy on the falafels, and now it's just outright confirmed that historically, most Scholars were Lalafell, as were many BLMs (though obviously, as Mhach grew it got a lot more varied, as one can see in the corpses in Mhach itself). Plus, hey, tank lalafell never gets old. :v: I'm not sure how Dancer lalafell would shake out, but I imagine it'd be pretty nice too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bear in mind that if you don't want Namingway, there's a chance you can make a chunk of your £35 back by selling the code on eBay or whatever. Or you can try in game for gil if you want but that might be a little more risky in terms of violating the ToS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks! Someone in the Discord also confirmed it was a nice book and worth the money, but without as much detail, so I've gone ahead and gotten it. £35+£5 shipping for a full colour 300-page hardback is a pretty good deal.

Now I just hope their support guys read the ticket I filed to change the delivery address before it ships, since I ordered it to home instead of the office like an idiot. :ohdear:

e; they caught the request and changed the address before it ships, so I'll have it at work tomorrow. :toot:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 17, 2016

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This is extremely my poo poo:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe they sullied the Roe perfection with that cat and the hyur

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is a potato?

The race choices in this game are human, elf, roegadude or roegadame (the only real choices), potato, cat girl, and anime.

Mordiceius posted:

Merlwyb still the best city leader, even after her voice box took some damage.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 17, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

whatchu talkin bout Atsuko Tanaka sounds the same to me

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

3.45 is on "Nov 11". edit: They probably mean November 8.

It's Nov 1st.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What does 4.5 bring?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ignimbrite posted:

Australia gets hosed again, we get geoblocked from all the EU squeenix stores to our own dumb pissbaby website which has nothing but exorbitantly priced digital downloads of games, and the US site (once the book is up) won't ship to Australia unless we use some weird arcane magickry like ShopMate, to say nothing of the shipping. I just want the cool book :(

Uuuuugh. God loving dammit. Do post if you figure out a way outside of stupid expensive re-shipping, because maaan. I want book.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Mordiceius posted:

Maelstrom4lyfe

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What does 4.5 bring?

You mean 3.45? More Palace of the Dead floors (and a ranking system for PotD apparently), and :sigh: another relic step. I'm still only 1/3 done with the Umbrite phase.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kelp Me! posted:

You mean 3.45? More Palace of the Dead floors (and a ranking system for PotD apparently), and :sigh: another relic step. I'm still only 1/3 done with the Umbrite phase.

It's time for the next relic step. If you've been doing A12 each week, then the 260 weapons would wildly outperform the 240 relics. Even the Sophia weapons are a good 15 ilvls above the current relic step.

And yeah, sorry AUS or far-from-Britain EU goons, your shipping options are all stupid and terrible. :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, I've leveled Lancer up to 20 and so far, so good. It's going really quickly so I should reach the point where I can stop hitting only Impulse Drive pretty soon :toot:

Do we know yet if Heavensward will be wrapped into the base game and, if so, when? I'm not going to buy it until I get DRG to 50 anyway, but depending on if/when that happens I'll save my money and just wait. If it won't happen until the Stormblood prepatch, though, I'll probably take the plunge and buy Heavensward anyway.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This should be the final relic step, right?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mordiceius posted:

Yes, since there's no more Savage Raids before the next expansion.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Final fantasy lorebook or World of Final Fantasy?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

this will not be the final step of the relic

prob going to get you a 260, with 3.5 getting you a 270 and then 275 in 3.55

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Also, I really don't like how they made an achievement associated with each step of each version of the relic instead of just one for each step. But that's just me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This will probably be a 260 relic step with a 270 one during 3.5x

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

If the 2.x relic is anything to go by, no, we'll have the last step in 3.5. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be over, forever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Harrow posted:

Do we know yet if Heavensward will be wrapped into the base game and, if so, when? I'm not going to buy it until I get DRG to 50 anyway, but depending on if/when that happens I'll save my money and just wait. If it won't happen until the Stormblood prepatch, though, I'll probably take the plunge and buy Heavensward anyway.

Somewhat disappointingly, Yoshida didn't mention this during NA fanfest. I think he might be getting a little pressure to not mention it until at least 3.5 so people keep providing that sweet sweet Heavensward money.

That said, the roll-in probably won't happen until Stormblood itself, and that's around nine months away, so if you want to play now, I would totally pick up Heavensward.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I just looked up the Eorzea lore book on the eu squeenix store. 3 day shipping charge of €20 on top of the €45 it costs already....have they lost their minds?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
In the UK, the lore book + shipping is actually less than the US price, which is a surprise considering pretty much every other SE product.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leviabeetus posted:

If the 2.x relic is anything to go by, no, we'll have the last step in 3.5. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be over, forever.

They talked about 4.0 relic being tied into Diadem 2.0 maybe :unsmigghh:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I just looked up the Eorzea lore book on the eu squeenix store. 3 day shipping charge of €20 on top of the €45 it costs already....have they lost their minds?

The problem for non-UK residents of the EU seems to be that they're all being shipped out of SE-EU's headquarters in London. So if you aren't in the UK (or aren't, like, just across in the channel in Calais or something) shipping prices are absolutely insane. I've heard reports of the shipping getting as high as the price of the book itself.

It might be worth shooting a mail over to SE-EU or get in touch with the XIV EU reps on twitter or the forums and see if they can find a solution for bringing the shipping prices down, because for the continental EU, the shipping prices are absurd right now. If you're in the UK, though, it should only run you ~5 quid unless you live on the Isle of Man or some poo poo.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They talked about 4.0 relic being tied into Diadem 2.0 maybe :unsmigghh:

The way they talked about Eureka, with its 72 hour spawn time NMs, make it sound like it'll be a more open-world area than current Diadem. Open world content that had some teeth to it is something I'd like to see, just not sure if they'll do a good job of implementing it the first go around.

I really just don't want them to screw up Eureka cause that's a thread that's been hanging for almost two years now.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

The problem for non-UK residents of the EU seems to be that they're all being shipped out of SE-EU's headquarters in London. So if you aren't in the UK (or aren't, like, just across in the channel in Calais or something) shipping prices are absolutely insane. I've heard reports of the shipping getting as high as the price of the book itself.

It might be worth shooting a mail over to SE-EU or get in touch with the XIV EU reps on twitter or the forums and see if they can find a solution for bringing the shipping prices down, because for the continental EU, the shipping prices are absurd right now. If you're in the UK, though, it should only run you ~5 quid unless you live on the Isle of Man or some poo poo.
I bought one of the soundtrack blurays last year

BD itself: 30€
shipping: 62€

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
im still just waiting for this stuff to be purchasable on the NA store

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

The rest of them are in a gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/utKK9

I like the last one and the one with Momodi Modi in particular

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Countblanc posted:

Loving that shout out to Hildy and co in May.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Countblanc posted:

Is Thancred really like 2+ feet taller than everyone?

edit: sorry, I mean like .6 yalms taller

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i think i asked this earlier but is there a pvp discord that people chiil in? fanfest got me super interested in feast and i want to find a group of people to play with consistently

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Countblanc posted:

That Urianger/Moenbryda in December. :3:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
most likely not but you can usually find me in front of the tpt house begging for people to pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The lorebook they sold at Fanfest has got the RP community (or at least the lovely side of it that posts on their forums) imploding and it's amazing.

• Locked thread