Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Slain: Back from Hell is not what I'd call an incredible game, but it's really engaging and it features absolutely gorgeous sprite art. It feels akin to some classic Genesis-era games, but it's hard to pinpoint what exactly. I'm sorta reminded of the Bram Stoker's Dracula game, but with far better art.

Either way, it looks incredible. You kind of have to get a feel for how it wants you to move and control and I don't like the guard is a face button while dodge is a shoulder button, I'm constantly guarding when I want to dodge or--worse yet--dodging when I want to guard. That aside, great grisly fun, not a bad Halloween title.

EDIT: Games like this and Hyperlight Drifter are really great examples of just how much depth one really can get out of sprites. Hyperlight is probably one of the prettiest pixel games made, and the fact that it was a one-man show is all the better.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/rockstargames/status/787639249864630273

Looks like there might be a surprise coming soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its red, said Boromir.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I imagine it's probably about RDR2 but I would love a PS4 compatible RDR in time to play the zombie mod for Halloween.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It could be RDR Remastered and I wouldn't give two shits. Of course, if it's a sequel, I'd be elated. I'm wording this poorly -- It's one of the greatest games Rockstar ever made, and I'd still buy it day one even if it's just a remaster.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A demo for World of Final Fantasy should be landing soon in North America for PS4 and PS Vita. It's already up in other territories including Australia/NZ and I think all of Europe, so you can grab from there now.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

enojy posted:

It could be RDR Remastered and I wouldn't give two shits. Of course, if it's a sequel, I'd be elated. I'm wording this poorly -- It's one of the greatest games Rockstar ever made, and I'd still buy it day one even if it's just a remaster.

I would actually be more excited for a RDR remaster than a sequel, because the multiplayer in RDR was perfect. I'd be worried that a sequel would copy GTAV's multiplayer ideas and utterly gently caress it up.

Of course a sequel could be brilliant, and better, I'm just nervous as they made freeroam gameplay in GTAO a painfully bad experience. Red Dead's freeroam was a true cowboy simulator, I could lose myself in it for hours at a time. Chasing down challenges and taking on bandit hideouts with friends (or randoms) was better than the main story. So many great memories.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't think they'd do the same thing as GTAO because they've put so much into making that thing huge that it wouldn't make sense to launch another product that competes with it. also the setting isn't going to allow for the same type of purchasable items that fuel their shark card sales like planes and trucks and whatever. idk though. they could do anything i'm just some internet opinion haver.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I hope it's a remaster because I never played it last gen

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope we get both, like RDR HD coming this Christmas and RDR2 coming Christmas 2017.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Heck, let's keep upping the ante.

RDR 2 w/ RDR HD bundled in like Bayonetta 2+1. But cross-platform, of course.

And cross-network multiplayer... :haw:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And VR :catdrugs:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I meant a release date for the sequel, they already announced the sequel back at E3.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I'm hoping it's like Fractured, but whole and stick stick of truth.. Pre-order RDR2 and get RDR right now. That would be amazing, really unlikely, but amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I meant a release date for the sequel, they already announced the sequel back at E3.

No that was an unsubstantiated rumour

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Gimmie that sexy World of Final Fantasy demo Square enix

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sakurazuka posted:

No that was an unsubstantiated rumour

Yeah I had to read that a couple times, but I was like "uh no they didn't..."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's looking a lot more substantiated now though :v:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Gimmie that sexy World of Final Fantasy demo Square enix

When they finally do release it report back as to what the actual GAME is like.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
https://mobile.twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/788001608827281408

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magnificent 7 rip off confirmed

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

When they finally do release it report back as to what the actual GAME is like.

Will do. Demo is avaible in Europe and Australia right now and Im sure its coming today maybe in an hour in NA

For those not in the know, the demo is a short dungeon, possibly unique to the game filled with Final Fantasy Legends charecters and completing it will unlock an exclusive pokemon to battle and collect in the full game

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any thoughts on DJMAX Portable 3? I'm into music games like Rock Band, Frequency, FF Theatrhythm, etc. Although I have no particular appreciation for J-pop type of stuff, if that matters. Game's still on sale for like 15 minutes so figured I'd ask.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's good, especially at the price it's at now. It's a fun little rhythm game with all sorts of genres.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Magnificent 7 rip off confirmed

Honestly it wouldn't be surprising if they went in this direction and it would be awesome.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Yeah I had to read that a couple times, but I was like "uh no they didn't..."

There was a joke rumor that it was pulled due to the Orlando shooting and I could see people missing the part about it being a joke.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

glam rock hamhock posted:

Honestly it wouldn't be surprising if they went in this direction and it would be awesome.

gently caress that I want my expansive single player adventure not some bullshit co-op garbage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

graventy posted:

gently caress that I want my expansive single player adventure not some bullshit co-op garbage.

I was thinking more it would be like GTAV, except with 7 characters instead of 3.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

final fantasy demo report

Pretty good, very cute. Its classic turn based Final Fantasy but the twist is that you have six party members and you assemble them up into two stacks, just standing ontop the others head until you become a mighty 3 man tower. The demo did not explain its seof very well but from what I gathered is the larger your tower is, the more easily it is to topple
All the battles in the demo could be one by spamming attack/putting it on auto.

A lot of the appeal will be the Final Fantasy cameos and in that regard I think the demo has shown too much of it, I felt like I watched a majority of the game and if that bothers you like it does me, I would not reccomend the demo, the exclusive monster is probably not worth it.

4/10 would not reccomend buying it at launch

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hope they put up the Vita demo soon!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I was thinking more it would be like GTAV, except with 7 characters instead of 3.
Given the original Seven Samurai was originally six, I think they could certainly play with the numbers formula on that. Maybe 4 or 5 instead.

But great idea I now can't stop thinking about.

I want Red Dead Trevor real bad now.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I don't think I could handle Trevor in the loving Wild West

Edit: The important thing is that there will never be another thing on the scope of Undead Nightmare again, what a hosed up welcome surprise that was.

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 17, 2016

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You already have?

John Marston might have been the second most Trevory Trevor in a Rockstar game. He's just quieter in his old age, his backstory suggests he was full Trevor as a youth.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wouldn't mind Red Dead Redemption 2 being a prequel. That could actually be a pretty fantastic story to tell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Stephen Ogg plays an unscrupulous ruffian in Westworld. :D

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Arkham Knight is on sale in EU PSN. Could someone who really like like combat in Witcher 3 or in Shadow of Mordor (or anything else about that game really) enjoy this Batman game as a whole?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I dunno about witcher 3 but the combat is very similar to Mordor. I'd say go for it, the base game is pretty fun

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Arkham Knight is on sale in EU PSN. Could someone who really like like combat in Witcher 3 or in Shadow of Mordor (or anything else about that game really) enjoy this Batman game as a whole?

Have you not played any of the other ones? Because the combat in Shadows of Mordor is literally the exact same as in the Arkham games. Even down to the button presses.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah its only 15 euros. Mordor combat was just ridiculously easy and repetitive. If this has actual challenge then I'll get it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

Have you not played any of the other ones? Because the combat in Shadows of Mordor is literally the exact same as in the Arkham games. Even down to the button presses.

I haven't, just Mordor.

• Locked thread