Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

MissileWaster posted:

It was Green and Silver actually.

oh yeah, i meant to put silver but i was thinking of blue because blue and green are reversed in japanese

anyway my legit favorite thing from the manga is red's eevee being able to unevolve + red having infinite use thunder/water/fire stones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mabels big day posted:

Many people are being banned as we speak.

I agree that you should be banned for liking the bad comic

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And the bad water starter

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

oh yeah, i meant to put silver but i was thinking of blue because blue and green are reversed in japanese

anyway my legit favorite thing from the manga is red's eevee being able to unevolve + red having infinite use thunder/water/fire stones

Doesn't he eventually turn it into an Espeon?

I got kinda mad they replaced Espeon with Lapras in HG/SS. Espeon was cool and fit the team better than another water type :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

espeon is cool and i'm glad eevee found peace

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
pokemon special is fun and dumb. I love it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Espeon is the best eeveelution.

Followed closely by Jolteon and Leafeon.

the rest are varying degrees of :effort: to :gonk:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's sylveon espeon vaporeon and then who cares

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zore posted:

Doesn't he eventually turn it into an Espeon?

I got kinda mad they replaced Espeon with Lapras in HG/SS. Espeon was cool and fit the team better than another water type :argh:

Same here, seeing that Lapras all of the sudden after beating up Blastoise was the worst moment

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

espeon, vaporeon, flareon, glaceon then i stop caring

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

espeon is the best pokeman, jolteon is cool too, the rest are meh

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

mabels big day posted:

Talk poo poo about the manga again and you'll be banned.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i don't know what this garbage is.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

when do more deets on this demo roll out? and when is the DL available in NA?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I have never used eevvee or any or its evolutions. Not even in Gen 1. Maybe it's time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

oddium posted:

he didn't have an infinate amount of stones, his eveee didn't need stones to evolve cuz team rocket experimented on it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

looks like a mewtwo op, and maybe a meowth ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Elfgames posted:

he didn't have an infinate amount of stones, his eveee didn't need stones to evolve cuz team rocket experimented on it

In The Kindest Tentacruel, the Pokémon Fan Club Chairman told Yellow about a legend of an underwater dome at the bottom of Vermilion Harbor, housing a set of evolutionary stones which, unlike normal stones, did not disappear after making a Pokémon evolve, allowing them to be used repeatedly. The cause of Red's Poliwhirl's evolution had been one of these said stones, proving the legend to be true. Yellow was later led to the dome by a wild Tentacruel, finding a Leaf Stone in it, but the Fire, Thunder, and Water Stones were missing. Later, it was revealed that Giovanni had given them to Red so he could freely evolve and devolve his Eevee.

thank you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

mabels big day posted:

Bonus

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the only eeveelutions i care about are glaceon and flareon. this is why i never use eeveelutions

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Oh man I keep forgetting how much I love the carddass art.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

the only eeveelutions i care about are glaceon and flareon. this is why i never use eeveelutions

you should try espeon

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Leafeon is an underrated Eeveelution, I will not hear any slander

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Espeon is both cool and good and that's my hot take. Thanks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sometimes leafeon doesn't look terrible but most of the time... hachi machi....

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
flareon is cool and my friend and always the first eeveelution i get

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

you should try espeon

i have no place in my heart for fast, frail psychic types

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJKNuFPeXY

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nice fake video

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8MzYclx5I

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

nice fake video

...?

Obviously not the whole thing, since the vid is only 14 mins long, but we'll soon have it ourselves.

Team Skull are freakin' great, especially their lose animation.

Seems like it's mostly a tutorial, you go to the Pokemon Center, then to the route north of the big city to catch some Pokemon.

Also Aerial Ace is called Aero-rear end in German? :lol:

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 17, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Crosspeice posted:

...?

Obviously not the whole thing, since the vid is only 14 mins long, but we'll soon have it ourselves.

Team Skull are freakin' great, especially their lose animation.
mabels big day is an ironic nerd that escaped from the imp zone, don't take anything they say seriously

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
A good friend at work started his own blog about culture, language and design in Pokemon and would love some input as well as topic suggestions. I loved his first article so I figured I'd share it and ask here if anyone can come up with topics as well. http://www.pokescholar.com/

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

mabels big day is an ironic nerd that escaped from the imp zone, don't take anything they say seriously

gotta get these loving nerds out of the something awful pokemen megathread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

don't be mean to my friend mabel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Maxmaps posted:

A good friend at work started his own blog about culture, language and design in Pokemon and would love some input as well as topic suggestions. I loved his first article so I figured I'd share it and ask here if anyone can come up with topics as well. http://www.pokescholar.com/
Wouldn't the lowest hanging fruit to be starting with mythical pokemon from Gen 1 and going over their relgious/folklore inspirations?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

RealFoxy posted:

No no he's a legitimate employee of Gamefreak inc!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

aero-rear end is a good name for a move

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

aero-rear end is a good name for a move

ace trainers in German are rear end trainers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Maxmaps posted:

Is his blog targetting a Japanese audience? The cultural notes are interesting but it seems weird to include not only romanizations of japanese pokemon names but the japanese characters as well. It sorta works for things like "haiku" which are obviously japanese words but it looks weird to see poo poo like Castform/Powalen (ポワルン) in an english blog.