Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Baes

Munchables posted:

So, I recently completed my fafsa, and I'll be starting college in january at my community college. I'm going for a transferable associates in graphic design. I just looked at the current class list for it and I'm actually really excited for school for once. I'm gonna be taking a bunch of graphic design classes, some marketing and printing classes, typography, some other art classes and an html course. I'm really excited and I wish I could start sooner :)

Make sure your degree (credits) will transfer to at least 2 schools you want to go to, I've met a lot of dudes who did similar things with stem degrees and ended up having to retake stuff like comp1 or math they already took

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

So, I recently completed my fafsa, and I'll be starting college in january at my community college. I'm going for a transferable associates in graphic design. I just looked at the current class list for it and I'm actually really excited for school for once. I'm gonna be taking a bunch of graphic design classes, some marketing and printing classes, typography, some other art classes and an html course. I'm really excited and I wish I could start sooner :)

congratulations on taking a really huge step. typography, you're gonna ace it because you learned everything you need to know about good typefaces right here in byob.

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

typography, you're gonna ace it because you learned everything you need to know about good typefaces right here in byob.

alnilam

good luck on the rest muncho, hope it goes well, and try not to show up the other students too bad in typography

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

da mf WIP z0ne

buglord

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Munchables posted:

I keep forgetting FAFSA opens up super early this year. Have any plans for state college yet, or are you gonna knock your GE's out of the way first?

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Dali Parton posted:

I keep forgetting FAFSA opens up super early this year. Have any plans for state college yet, or are you gonna knock your GE's out of the way first?

I don't know which college I want to transfer to yet, and this is all still pretty new to me. As for general education stuff, as far as I can tell I only have to take writing 121 public speaking (comm 111). Other than that, everything on the grad plan is graphic design and art, with one marketing course, one printmaking and an html course.

Ace of Baes

Munchables posted:

I don't know which college I want to transfer to yet, and this is all still pretty new to me. As for general education stuff, as far as I can tell I only have to take writing 121 public speaking (comm 111). Other than that, everything on the grad plan is graphic design and art, with one marketing course, one printmaking and an html course.

If you're decent at writing/English it's really easy to klep out of writing 121, it'll save u a lot of money too

buglord

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Munchables posted:

I don't know which college I want to transfer to yet, and this is all still pretty new to me..

Finding out what I wanted to do was one of the more difficult parts of college. It took me 3 years of community to find out my interests and to stop goofing around because of former lack of said interest.

Matoi Ryuko

Dali Parton posted:

Finding out what I wanted to do was one of the more difficult parts of college. It took me 3 years of community to find out my interests and to stop goofing around because of former lack of said interest.

I love your name/avatar combo. Have you ever considered using the line "Painting 9 to 5" in your custom title?

americong

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I love your name/avatar combo. Have you ever considered using the line "Painting 9 to 5" in your custom title?

you're a good poster, imo,

FAT32 SHAMER

hi everyone how is the yob doin

Matoi Ryuko

americong posted:

you're a good poster, imo,

Me? Aw shucks!!

Munchables

I'm alright. I only got 2 passengers tonight and the one tip I got somehow disappeared, but other than that I feel fine. Ready to get home and shoot some mans. As a fellow sniper, is it scummy to use the classic instead of the stock? I got it as a drop recently and it just feels so fun but so bullshit lol. Also, widow was one of the first overwatch characters I picked up because I am a terrible person.

FAT32 SHAMER

after putting 130hrs into sniper/recon in BF4 I couldn't get used to widow not having to account for bullet drop

plus I didn't want to gently caress up my aim in that game so I didn't bother trying widow much :mrgw:

Munchables

funny Star Wars parody posted:

after putting 130hrs into sniper/recon in BF4 I couldn't get used to widow not having to account for bullet drop

plus I didn't want to gently caress up my aim in that game so I didn't bother trying widow much :mrgw:

Yeah, sometimes as hanzo I shoot ahead of heads too early because I'm expecting the travel time of the huntsman, and widow's sniper fires without unscoping, which throws me off no matter what game I play.

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have been and always will be garbage at sniping, no matter what game I'm playing. :shrug:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have been and always will be garbage at sniping, no matter what game I'm playing. :shrug:

same

Unless it's Payday 2 but that doesn't really count because cops have big heads and move predictably

strong coffee

"This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee!"
That does sound like fun munchables. I just got Photoshop and realized how much depth there is to it. Can't even select thing properly haha.

Luvcow posted:

BYOB Halloween 2016: I'm still trying to get my poo poo together enough to make the dog wear some toilet paper or something for the costume contest

I want to see this!

loquacius
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Update on that interview I was nervous about: it went well, and I kept the guy talking for long enough despite the language barrier to fill the whole time, and a few of my behavioral interviewing questions fell flat since he's straight out of grad school and didn't have a whole lot of experience to draw on for them, but I ended up rating him a Yes and passing on enough information to the people making the hiring decision that I felt like I successfully did my job :)

FluffieDuckie

loquacius posted:

Update on that interview I was nervous about : it went well, and I kept the guy talking for long enough despite the language barrier to fill the whole time, and a few of my behavioral interviewing questions fell flat since he's straight out of grad school and didn't have a whole lot of experience to draw on for them, but I ended up rating him a Yes and passing on enough information to the people making the hiring decision that I felt like I successfully did my job :)

:peanut:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

loquacius posted:

Update on that interview I was nervous about : it went well, and I kept the guy talking for long enough despite the language barrier to fill the whole time, and a few of my behavioral interviewing questions fell flat since he's straight out of grad school and didn't have a whole lot of experience to draw on for them, but I ended up rating him a Yes and passing on enough information to the people making the hiring decision that I felt like I successfully did my job :)

yet another BYOB success story :)

pogi

So the Game Grumps came to town last night.

This was the first show I've ever worked where patrons had to stand on the side aisles because so many were too large and goony to fit in their seats.

That said, I was pretty impressed with the turnout. The two fine young men on stage each made 10 to 20 grand last night, easily. For playing Mario Party. Life is funny sometimes.

MrWillsauce

were they funny or something? I don't get it

vanisher

You know what, that's an excellent improv comedy act/TV show
Set up a multi-player game of some kind and just have the players make jokes. I might watch it

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

pogi

People were pretty hype for it. The audience was about as loud as a football crowd, except stuck in a theater. I'm a little deaf now.

It's the only time I've seen the merch line stretch around the theater, upstairs, and then have to loop back around into the theater itself. Those guys made some serious bank.

Also a couple got engaged on stage :3:

Scaly Haylie

ugh, i'm so congested. had to call in sick today.

MrWillsauce

pogi posted:

Also a couple got engaged on stage :3:

that's kinda gross imo

FAT32 SHAMER

tell us your engagement stories!!

"I asked her in a park surrounded by wildflowers :3:"

"I took her on a romantic walk around the place we met! :3: :3:"

"I took her to the restaurant we went on our first date at :3::3::3:"

"I took her to a video game comedy show"

They Might Be

pogi posted:

Game Grumps

I don't really keep up with them, but the main guy is a pretty talented animator and made an awesome video about megaman games a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

vanisher

funny Star Wars parody posted:

tell us your engagement stories!!

"I asked her in a park surrounded by wildflowers :3:"

"I took her on a romantic walk around the place we met! :3: :3:"

"I took her to the restaurant we went on our first date at :3::3::3:"

"I took her to a video game comedy show"

This could be a funny thread

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
I made a nice note, tied it and the ring to my cats collar and tried to get it to run to the mrs, who was shaking a new can of cat treats. (She didn't know about the proposal.)

Cat decided that today was the day to skip treats, tore up the note, sent the ring flying and then got her mouth caught on a ribbon.

Lucky i did a promise ring six months earlier when I was a poor grad student that was a nice quiet lakeside proposal so it was cool.

loquacius
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

vanisher posted:

This could be a funny thread

There was a GBS thread I posted in a long time ago that was at least partly about videogame themed weddings

(this one, forums search comes through)

vanisher

loquacius posted:

There was a GBS thread I posted in a long time ago that was at least partly about videogame themed weddings

(this one, forums search comes through)

Truth time: this is my secret fear when creating new threads, that I'm reliving old posts, doomed to haunt the forums as a less funny afterimage of the posters before me

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i said "hey, we should go get married on Thursday" and he said "okay i'll take the day off of work." it was $200 at the courthouse window and we were out in time to make our 1 hr parking limit, so i call it romance.

vanisher

hamjobs posted:

i said "hey, we should go get married on Thursday" and he said "okay i'll take the day off of work." it was $200 at the courthouse window and we were out in time to make our 1 hr parking limit, so i call it romance.

I took my gal back to the path we walked on during our first date, which we hadn't been to since. There was a place we sat and looked out at the ocean and talked about boring things, so I proposed to her there in front of a bunch of foreign tourists.

FAT32 SHAMER

I took my wife to a fancy new restaurant that I was frankly too broke to normally take her to, then took her on a walk in a cute little downtown area of suburban Detroit (downtown Rochester) and asked her in a gazebo by a river

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Egoraptor is a creepy man i do not like him

loquacius
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I took her to a little B&B up in Maine where we had a little cottage to ourselves, and the next morning it snowed. This was the first snow of the winter of 2014/15, before we got loving sick of it, so it was nice and picturesque. I took her down to the restaurant we'd eaten at the night before because it had a really nice view of the harbor and the boats, which were super pretty in the snow, and I babbled a little bit while fumbling with the ring box, and she kind of blurted out "YES" before I could even ask the question and I went "oh thank god"

We spent the rest of the day in our cottage calling everyone we knew on the phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

Putty posted:

Egoraptor is a creepy man i do not like him
he was good when he could play off Jon on GameGrumps but now that Jon's gone it all feels very stilted and he comes off as boisterous. it doesn't help that GameGrumps is now ran like a drat business rather than two dudes playing games on a couch.

that being said, the Undertale LP Ross and Barry did on the channel is probably one of the best I've seen, so what do i know :shrug: