Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's in the Xbox store I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks, Chemmy. I found it there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So, if I have EA Access, I'll just be able to download the game (trial?) on the dashboard tomorrow?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Either there or through the EA Access app.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

EA access trial appears to be up

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Battlefield%E2%84%A2-1/BWTTW53M5B98

Just pushed it to my Bone, now just gotta wait to get home and shoot some dudes

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

deadwing posted:

Gettin the band back together! :allears:

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

deadwing posted:

Didn't show up in the actual EA Access app on the bone for me, but via the web works :iiam:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

"I can't quit you" -me, to :dice:

Preordered ultimate package for PS4, :rip: my self dignity.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

:dice:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

run the calibration tool on your bone and make your color balances better, 50% was perfect for me

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
Don't forget to quit the game completely when you exit so you don't use up your hours in standby

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

VincesUndies posted:

Don't forget to quit the game completely when you exit so you don't use up your hours in standby

I learnt how to actually exit games properly precisely because I knew this would happen.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone else constantly getting the screen that tells you how many hours you have left popping up while you're in the middle of a game? Literally every 5 minutes. I've died so many times already due to that.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

I'm getting that. Seems to be impacting people who got the trial from ea access. I saw on Reddit that it's an EA issue. Hopefully gets fixed soon.
Edit: sounds like it may be related to the preview program. Apparently you can fix it by doing a factory reset while keeping all of your games and apps https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/248599#Comment_248599

Or you could wait for the inevitable patch

VincesUndies fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 13, 2016

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

RCarr posted:

Anyone else constantly getting the screen that tells you how many hours you have left popping up while you're in the middle of a game? Literally every 5 minutes. I've died so many times already due to that.

I've had it pop up a few times, but nothing too crazy.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

"Hey Loson-"

"-ti."

steelpete
Sep 25, 2007

RCarr posted:

Im getting it almost every 5 minutes, on the Xbone.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

steelpete posted:

Im getting it almost every 5 minutes, on the Xbone.

Having the same problem too. There's a fix for it but it requires resetting all your xbox settings, including app logins. I'm not in a huge rush to play it and don't want to risk losing any saves, so I'll just wait and hope they eventually fix it. Then again, :dice: , then again, it's probably more of an EA or Xbox problem.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/14/battlefield-1-how-to-get-rid-of-that-annoying-ea-access-trial-message-while-playing/

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've got the game installed but I guess I too will wait in hopes they fix the pop-up.

steelpete
Sep 25, 2007
Yeah, its really annoying, even pops up in single player. Looks like you get a badge or unlock or something for doing the full 10 hours though, and my hard copy arrives on Tuesday. So I guess Ill lust take all the extra deaths.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Well, because my gf's little brother linked his account to my Xbox I can't play early.

He has EA Access and bought the game there. I tried launching the game but it tells me to insert the disc or buy another license.

I don't want to gently caress anything up so I ordered it off amazon.

See you guys on October 21, 1914.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Man those gas grenades are hilarious on this so many pubbies refuse to slap on their gas masks and I get chains of kills on the idiots

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Beastie posted:

Well, because my gf's little brother linked his account to my Xbox I can't play early.

He has EA Access and bought the game there. I tried launching the game but it tells me to insert the disc or buy another license.

I don't want to gently caress anything up so I ordered it off amazon.

See you guys on October 21, 1914.

If you're homesharing with your gf's brother I think you only need one copy to play, so you don't need to order it off amazon

steelpete
Sep 25, 2007
Im pretty sure no one knows how to heal or revive anyone either.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

steelpete posted:

Im pretty sure no one knows how to heal or revive anyone either.

Pretty sure no one knew how to do that to begin with.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

VincesUndies posted:

If you're homesharing with your gf's brother I think you only need one copy to play, so you don't need to order it off amazon

I tried launching, it told me I didn't own a license. It then gave me a link to the store. It's worked with stuff he didn't buy through EA Access (Overwatch, Fallout 4) but for this it wanted a second license.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Beastie posted:

I tried launching, it told me I didn't own a license. It then gave me a link to the store. It's worked with stuff he didn't buy through EA Access (Overwatch, Fallout 4) but for this it wanted a second license.

EA Access trials don't work with gamesharing as they are specifically tied to that person's Xbox account. If he buys the full game digitally then you'll also have access to it. At the moment, even if he bought the game he's only able to play the 10 hour trial until Tuesday or Friday depending on what version he bought.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It pains me that there's no spawn beacon in this game :(

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Beastie what day is Amazon showing you for delivery? Just occurred to me today to buy it on Amazon since I have prime and it's telling me delivery next Monday. (Standard edition not preorder)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Amazon tells me I will have my preorder tomorrow.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

gently caress. Mine says Tuesday the 25th!

When the hell did you preorder that you get it tomorrow?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

He may have ordered the deluxe early guy edition?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Well, with Prime my total came out to $52.

Not sure if the $9 is worth waiting until after the weekend. Might cancel it and see if I can find a BB near me.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That's my plan. If they can't deliver on Friday lll just pick one up from a local store and cancel the Amazon order

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

gently caress. Mine says Tuesday the 25th!

When the hell did you preorder that you get it tomorrow?

The Early Enlister Deluxe Edition comes out the 18th, and Amazon does release day shipping. I think it came out to $69 including tax with the prime 20% discount.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's taken two whole BF games (plus Star Wars) of me purchasing the season pass but now I'm like "gently caress that."

They split the player base like crazy and everyone ditches the maps after two weeks anyways.

I found a gamestop like half a mile away so I'm going to cancel my Prime order and pick it up from the store on Friday.

A whole weekend of my girlfriend working and a new Battlefield game is better than the $10 in savings.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

quote:

They split the player base like crazy and everyone ditches the maps after two weeks anyways.

That's why I don't bother with DLC anymore. It's hard enough to get a big group going and adding DLC makes it even worse.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I'm hearing conflicting reports that this game is gonna be aviliable at 3am est instead of 12 est.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I've been watching videos of my friends and all I can say is "Ow my balls."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Philosopher King posted:

I'm hearing conflicting reports that this game is gonna be aviliable at 3am est instead of 12 est.

My countdown on PS4 terminates at 4am :negative: