Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

I'm at a loss for words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

What is that?? I can't tell on phone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

It's no big loss if you can't see it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Trash Trick posted:

Sometimes unwarranted hype is harder on the studio than the audience.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Yoya posted:

7 silhouettes.... 7 classes in the new red dead hero-moba shooter.

Which is F2P

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Crappy Jack posted:

You guys didn't even bother clicking that link, did you.

I did but I wanted to sustain the illusion

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm not sure if it matters, or if it's even a thing, but make sure you're putting a full system install file on your USB, not just an update. Obviously since you switched drives there's literally nothing for the system to read, which would in effect make the controller a brick, because the system won't know what the hell it is.

... Or I may be totally off base and someone will come up with a correct answer for you.
Yeah I did this when I swapped HDDs and couldn't figure out why the gently caress it wouldn't work. Finally figured it out, there's a link on support that talks about installing a new HDD and will have the proper file - it's like 3-5x larger than just the latest update.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

:lol:

Idgaf what they rip off for another Red Dead so long as there's a playable Calamity Jane-type character.
No poo poo I would pay $100 for a version that had Robin Weigert as the VA.

e: as if this wasn't clear by my av

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:five:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah I did this when I swapped HDDs and couldn't figure out why the gently caress it wouldn't work. Finally figured it out, there's a link on support that talks about installing a new HDD and will have the proper file - it's like 3-5x larger than just the latest update.

Yeah I checked that I have the right version. I'm pretty sure it's my cable though, as I tried it in Safe Mode on my old hard disk and it didn't work there either. I'll see if I can source an official charge cable and see if that helps.

Also that new Red Dead thing looks so cool.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hahahahaahaahh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

500gb ps4 trade in value at GameStop is $150 just FYI

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

If its like GTA5 with different main characters I hope one of them is female.
Based on how Rockstar has written most female NPCs so far they hate the poo poo out of women unlike any game dev I have ever known and that's really saying something.

Edit: but then making hateful characters is kind of their thing in general, it just seems to stick out in particular for women. After GTA5 I think I am finished with Rockstar.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 17, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Tripwire Interactive detailed PS4 Pro features for Killing Floor 2, including some 1080p improvements:

• 1800p checkboard rendering on 4K TV (3200x1800) optimized for 4K TVs.
  • Effectively supersampling and increased fps on HDTV.
  • Using additional memory to [increase] texture resolution to 'Ultra Textures.'

https://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-killing-floor-2-looks-running-on-ps4-pro-393599.phtml

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whoever makes the RDR2 thread needs to use that image as the banner.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah I checked that I have the right version. I'm pretty sure it's my cable though, as I tried it in Safe Mode on my old hard disk and it didn't work there either. I'll see if I can source an official charge cable and see if that helps.

Also that new Red Dead thing looks so cool.
Oh well then. FYI any cable will do, doesn't have to be OEM.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/788084940927823872

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MOBA was a mistake.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh well then. FYI any cable will do, doesn't have to be OEM.

Well I've tried two different cables that I have used to charge controllers on this exact ps4 and neither are working so clearly I'm missing something. I know it's not the new hard drive because the same thing happens on the old one in safe mode, and the the controller works on my old drive to play etc. wirelessly so I'm not sure what else it could be

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Battlefield 1 shootmans campaign is getting good reviews from EA's marketing department.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
e; aww, someone made this joke.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Rockstar aren't idiots, they know that creating all this hype for anything less than a new game would get them insane backlash, its not going to be DLC for GTAV and its not going to be just a remaster of RDR.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Rockstar aren't idiots, they know that creating all this hype for anything less than a new game would get them insane backlash, its not going to be DLC for GTAV and its not going to be just a remaster of RDR.

I would hope so but company execs are actually hilariously stupid.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

El Hefe posted:

you're right, it's a remaster of both red dead revolver and redemption

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're right, it's a remaster of both red dead revolver and redemption

Revolver just came to PS2 Classics, right?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

projecthalaxy posted:

Well I've tried two different cables that I have used to charge controllers on this exact ps4 and neither are working so clearly I'm missing something. I know it's not the new hard drive because the same thing happens on the old one in safe mode, and the the controller works on my old drive to play etc. wirelessly so I'm not sure what else it could be
Weird. Good luck :(

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

El Hefe posted:

Ya it's gunna be dlc for the backwards compatible game on Xbox 1

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I really hope whatever it is comes out in the Spring.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I ran a game company I'd tweet fake poo poo once in a while to get people excited just to laugh at all the meltdowns.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mrEkli posted:

Revolver just came to PS2 Classics, right?
Speaking of PS2 classics :v:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/788151378451402752
Its me the loser who loves Destroy All Humans 1 & 2 :negative:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/788151378451402752

Destroy All Humans! is really good. It and War of the Monsters were both really good at grabbing that 50s feel.

Weird. Good luck :(

Luckily, buying a new cord worked, for some reason. I am glad to pay $10 for a new 10 foot charge cable to fix the problem.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

achillesforever6 posted:

:rock::rock: Well I'm the loser who wants to play Downhill Domination. :rock::rock:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 18, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

False alarm people, not Red Dead Redemption 2. Even better.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How's robot golf ? Worth dropping a $20 on ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fit em all up in there posted:

How's robot golf ? Worth dropping a $20 on ?

i don't think it came together as a good game in the end. everything about it looks cheap and the robots just float weightlessly in awkward poses when they jump. i haven't played it but it doesn't look like more than a budget rush job for vr's launch window

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
I'm looking for a cheap but decent headset to use with the ps4. Any recommendations?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The usual recommendation is the vita earbuds which are way better than you'd expect them to be but I think word got around and they aren't as cheap as they used to be. Still, they're probably the best you're gonna get for the price.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Housh posted:

Battlefield 1 shootmans campaign is getting good reviews from EA's marketing department.

I know as a goon I'm not supposed to be excited about anything but it looks really really good. Even the single player!

edit: was just looking at the Amazon.ca PS4 best sellers (left to right) and interesting to see both the Pro and VR on there. And apparently some people still haven't bought GTA V somehow?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 18, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Why won't Sony let me play BF1? I had it pre-loaded, but when I try to start the game it says only my brother's account can play it???

And if I go to the store to re-download, there's no preload option, and the timer says TWO DAYS???

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bass Bottles posted:

Why won't Sony let me play BF1? I had it pre-loaded, but when I try to start the game it says only my brother's account can play it???

And if I go to the store to re-download, there's no preload option, and the timer says TWO DAYS???
Did your brother buy it or you? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did your brother buy it or you? I'm confused.

We both bought it on our own consoles, but he got the ultra edition and I got the regular which apparently comes out FRIDAY.

Unless I pay $20 for the "early access" pass lmao EA you guys suck

• Locked thread