Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

LuBu is pretty much out these days. Since you have an Ace already you'd probably be best served by taking Rin now and then again from the end of the event. This goes triple if you've decided to buy into Karma, because then you can run DQ+Karma+Rin+SWK and have the Magic damage murder team.

I managed to grind hard enough to buy the Eileen costume plus buy Karma and still have 600 rubies left over. I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to start random fusing 3* poo poo all the way up to 6* just so I can maybe get some unlockers because seriously this is getting ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not planning on buying into Karma or anyone else, really, as I'm strictly F2P. If he falls into my lap at some point, great. I think I'll get two or three 10+1s done by the end of the month but not five.

Jeweled-up Rin sounds like fun to me. Lu Bu came from a random summon so eventually that'll happen again.

I am starting to wonder what I'm saving these topazes up for. 400 is a lot for a 7K transcend, and I'm not spending the rubies to clear a Special Hero board, so I guess I should start stocking up on Finas and Leahs.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
wow we are around 240k from s ranking rudy normal.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

delfin posted:

I'm not planning on buying into Karma or anyone else, really, as I'm strictly F2P. If he falls into my lap at some point, great. I think I'll get two or three 10+1s done by the end of the month but not five.

Jeweled-up Rin sounds like fun to me. Lu Bu came from a random summon so eventually that'll happen again.

I am starting to wonder what I'm saving these topazes up for. 400 is a lot for a 7K transcend, and I'm not spending the rubies to clear a Special Hero board, so I guess I should start stocking up on Finas and Leahs.

I mean you can farm ~200 rubies a day from just doing levelups if you put your mind to it. :v: Not actually spending $$ to get him. 1280 in 2 weeks isn't that bad really if you're already knee deep in the game, when you consider grinding levelups plus the ones from quests, weekly Arena bonuses, and so on. But it's certainly a much bigger problem if your farming team isn't real efficient or you still have a ton of masteries to unlock. Mainly there's just not many chances the game gives you to spend only Rubies to get a brand new god-tier-for-everything unit.

I use most of my Topaz for Unequips and Costumes personally. Unlockers are pretty tempting at the moment though, but I find myself in need of optimal gear almost as much as unlockers, and 60 Topaz for one is preeeeeeeeetty steep. I'd rather just grind out 5* Fusions and/or use the Synthesizer while it's up instead. Like, 400 Topaz for a 7K is very expensive too but they're also a shitload harder to get Transcended.

applebane posted:

wow we are around 240k from s ranking rudy normal.

Don't forget anyone can just reenter it for what, 1 Ruby? To help push you over the threshold.

Actually Q on the Synthesis, is the selective 6* Hero once per month total or once per month per desired hero?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 17, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Once per month per hero, I have done a selective on Asura and can still do any of the others.
It can not be said enough how good it is to be able to buy Karma for 1280 ruppies, he is an arena god, and will be strong in many other modes. Plus you get 55 other random units to mash together.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I only need 2 more mons to complete the Ace puzzle.

How impossible is it to get a 4* dude to drop? It feels pretty impossible.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I was thinking about those 55 other units and I got a grand total of 1 decent thing out of it: an extra 4* Asura :v:
But two of the 3* I got did Fuse together to make a Teo so there's that.

I need to rejigger my Arena team now that I have Karma since it means I can split Dellons off to Team 2.

MarcusSA posted:

So I only need 2 more mons to complete the Ace puzzle.

How impossible is it to get a 4* dude to drop? It feels pretty impossible.

Which ones? The later Boss ones in Asgard are pretty bad, like 200-500 keys in that range if you're lucky? Cleo is a gigantic chore to farm. Not even sure about World 8 since I don't bother to farm those guys, just wait for them to drop in a Fusion or Selector.

I would just start using Selectors if I were you, definitely worth it for Ace. I'm not sure which ones do or don't count for the puzzle now though, they just changed it in the last update. Rewards from CT and Adventure Mode definitely do count though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I need Bella from 5-10 and Lania from 6-10.

I thought about using a selector but I A. Dont have one yet and B. Wasn't 100% sure it would work.

Edit: Also wtf The awakened Dellon's Scythe is a staff hite Dellons uses swords?

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 17, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bella isn't hard to get, she has a 3* version, and is farmable from 5-6 through 5-9. Also she shows up from those 3-6* tickets constantly but you have strangely not had any luck there.

Lania kinda sucks to farm. Bad drop rates and decent chance of her dropping a Blizzard and wiping your levelup fodder. Not nearly as bad as Cleo though so be thankful for that. Check your Quests list and see if you've got any 'Perfect Clear' selectors coming up, or are near any in CT (they don't start until pretty far up though).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Bella isn't hard to get, she has a 3* version, and is farmable from 5-6 through 5-9. Also she shows up from those 3-6* tickets constantly but you have strangely not had any luck there.

Oh I was doing 5-10 for Bella should I have been doing the others?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MarcusSA posted:

Oh I was doing 5-10 for Bella should I have been doing the others?

If you need Cleo as well as Bella, do 5-10. If you need just Bella, do whichever 5-6 to 5-10 level you find easiest. Same goes for Ellen/Ellin in 4-x.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

getting 4* drops is really fuckin bad all the time everywhere and it might not even be the right one. i farm 7-10 for my fodder farming and have definitely spent over 5k keys there and have had one knox drop actual ever.

with our 4l selector coming up, i wonder if my ace is survivable enough at 34 with 7k hps and 1k~ armor. i really want to get Teo to 32 and then probably a Rin, as Teo has been blasting people for me in arena and i have a lot of great jewels for him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

If you need Cleo as well as Bella, do 5-10. If you need just Bella, do whichever 5-6 to 5-10 level you find easiest. Same goes for Ellen/Ellin in 4-x.

OK yeah I just need Bella so I'll stop doing 5-10 and do like 5-6 or whichever is fastest.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

getting 4* drops is really fuckin bad all the time everywhere and it might not even be the right one. i farm 7-10 for my fodder farming and have definitely spent over 5k keys there and have had one knox drop actual ever.

with our 4l selector coming up, i wonder if my ace is survivable enough at 34 with 7k hps and 1k~ armor. i really want to get Teo to 32 and then probably a Rin, as Teo has been blasting people for me in arena and i have a lot of great jewels for him.

If your Ace has a life steal gem you're plenty fine for CR, and if you've got Rudy in PvP then he should be good there. Also if you got Karma Rin and Teo you're probably fine without Ace in PvP entirely if you don't want to run him.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
SlovenKnights! Welcome to the level that is the best number, 8!!!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

rabidsquid posted:

I've had 2 5* knox drop from 7-10 hard. I don't even need him for the puzzle, I was just doing it to rebuild my fodder stockpile so I could keep doing 8-8 for rei and lina. Which haven't dropped because the game gives me jin and daisy instead, which i had a looooong time ago.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

speaking of "teo has helped me crush," actually now that i am up in diamond 3 its 50-50 on whether i even have a chance to win a fight. sometimes the game gives me a reasonable team, and sometimes i win those. and sometimes it throws a 40 rudy/38 dellons/40 dq/40 rin/40 spike team at me

what are these assholes doing at diamond 3, thats bananas.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I've been seeing those randos since like, Silver rank. Some of them might have quit the game and just not deranked all the way down yet, others may just not give a poo poo about PvP other than the free Topaz/Rubies. I just ran into one of them who had all 40s including a loving Sol Badguy like what the heck?

I've been stuck at Platinum 1 for weeks mainly because I just don't have gear or levels on my guys. It's really hard to shuffle them around right now though because like, I can't swap out Dellons for Karma because I'd lose the speed advantage without swapping Teo in (who has no gear).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, this free karma and potential free rin is messing with my lineup too. i should have the space on my roster to get karma in the next few days, and i would like to replace my jave or my gipparang at some point, but switching in rin and karma will take a ton of gear and unlocks, but long term might be the better choice. i have a lot of good physical gear since i've been farming lethal weapons in raid, and i can fully unlock teo who already has three pieces of perfect raid gear.

decisions, decisions

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

basically since i am assuming the next 4l selector we have coming during the anniversary won't allow us to select 4 lords of old i need to decide in the next three days whether to get 32 Teo or 32 Rin. anyone have thoughts on that? right now my arena is 30 Jave/30 Teo/34 Ace/40 Giparang back with a 32 Rudy in front, and i'm hovering around mid diamond 3. once i chew through some fodder i'll be picking up Karma and intend to replace probably Jave with him. I know that Teo can replace Gipparang but i don't know if 30 Teo is that great of a replacement, and I don't know whether or not a 32 Rin or Teo would be better

right now it's looking like my arena team will be Rin/Teo in the back line with Rudy/Karma/Ace up front but that's subject to change, i guess with this set up I could start working on a Spike and replace Ace with him for instance, or even Rudy for that matter.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Teo is a Lord of Old BTW. But I think he should be in the selector anyway, only Karma won't be because he's just too new right now.

I couldn't really tell you which to pick, I'm trying to make the same decision myself although it's between 30 Rin and 32 Teo instead. Reddit says Rin all the way, but my Giparang is just 32 so I'm highly tempted to just ditch him entirely for Teo ASAP.

Rin brings some pretty heavy poo poo to the team though, fastest speed in the game, 60% Magic Boost, and formation disruption which is outrageously silly.

OH, something else you might consider is that with that team layout you are thinking of, only Karma and Rin are Magic damage which means you aren't getting as much mileage out of her as you would with say, SWK/DQ/Rin/Karma/etc kind of team builds.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 18, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't have a SWK, although I'm basically like a Bane and Jin away. Also I am 100% positive that a 30 Teo is better than a 32 Gip, unless you're relying on his aoe stun.

edit: i have the selector in my inbox, Teo is definitely available. what i don't know is whether or not he's available for the selector in the daily log in reward thing, which is why if i want him to 32 i need to pick him now i think. i'm leaning very heavily to just going for a 32 Rin though, as it will be easier to use her than Teo since she's fairly self contained.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rin may also be more useful in other places, like if you wanted to build some theoretical future World Boss or event team that was magic damage centric.

30 Teo is definitely better than 32 Gip, but the problem is with the lack of gear I can't really switch to what I really want. I'm actually not using Gip at all, running Spike + Rudy.
I'm actually worried I won't have enough CC if I switch to running Ace, DQ / Spike, Teo, Karma

I mean with that number of debuff removers I should probably just keep Dellons instead of Karma for now so I have the Silence CC as well.

e: Yoooo does un-freeze damage go through void shield??

Also wow I didn't realize that Spike's ailment shield specifically has a 100% 'force debuff reducer' usage on it, that's kinda lame but I guess it would be pretty outrageously busted if it didn't. It still buys you an extra free skill turn at the beginning of the match which is great though.
E2: Or actually maybe not? I randomly found a page from the devs that had a pretty in-depth explanation for skill usage priority earlier in the day, and now I can't find it :argh:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 18, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Uuugh, I could grind out the 50 summons for Karma if I put in a bit of effort but I just sixed my newly summoned Dellons after the internet told me he's a superstar. Now I'm reading Karma would replace him? I'm paralyzed. This anniversary event gives me too many great units, what a problem to have!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Doublepost for some interesting news: https://www.facebook.com/notes/seven-knights/dev-notes-tower-of-abyss-shop-changes/724556307709499

tl;dr: There's a special item for 1000 Abyss bucks. Damage Immunity up to four times in the form of an accessory. Should be perfect for Ace, right?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I may not get the event 4L selector for some reason. I seem to be a day short even though I'm on every day. :(

In other news, my Giparang is level 36 and he owns. Where is the best place to grind high level weapons?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

basically the only place to get weapons is to craft them from the raid. theres that one equipment dungeon per week but that doesnt really cut it

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Doublepost for some interesting news: https://www.facebook.com/notes/seven-knights/dev-notes-tower-of-abyss-shop-changes/724556307709499

tl;dr: There's a special item for 1000 Abyss bucks. Damage Immunity up to four times in the form of an accessory. Should be perfect for Ace, right?

Hell yeah, glad I've been saving them.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Agoat posted:

I may not get the event 4L selector for some reason. I seem to be a day short even though I'm on every day. :(

In other news, my Giparang is level 36 and he owns. Where is the best place to grind high level weapons?

I recommend restarting the app every day after 8pm EST, sometimes the Check-Ins don't register if you don't do that. You should have up to Day 6 from the 1st Anniversary CheckIn at this point. It is pretty brutal that you can't miss a single day if you want that 4L Ticket.

rabidsquid posted:

basically the only place to get weapons is to craft them from the raid. theres that one equipment dungeon per week but that doesnt really cut it

Pretty much. You get okayish freebies from events sometimes and the daily one is more or less just trash, Raid is the only place to get the best gear and you can roll on it fairly often.
The better your raid team the harder dragons you can fight, the more mats you get every day. I'm pulling in something like 450~ mats a day right now, rolling a rando costs 300, and the confirmed craft (guarantees best possible sub-stat) costs 1000.

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Doesn't say what determines which rank of it you get though ... Still, even 2 hits of void shield as a drat accessory is absurdly good! Time to get back to work on Abyss.

The other changes to the Abyss shop are really good too. 500 cost 6* Accessory ticket.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I recommend restarting the app every day after 8pm EST, sometimes the Check-Ins don't register if you don't do that. You should have up to Day 6 from the 1st Anniversary CheckIn at this point. It is pretty brutal that you can't miss a single day if you want that 4L Ticket.

Guess who missed one login :eng99:

Also if you're picking a 6* Seven Knights Weapon, pick a P Atk weapon for your P Atk team, not an M Atk weapon :eng99: :eng99:

:negative:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Well, reddit says you should be fine as long as you started the event.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh that's good news then.

And well, you can always use that M.Atk item on Karon or Lina if they aren't geared up already, gotta get that healing power after all and the substat doesn't seem to matter so much for them.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Speaking of Gear, are there any updated gear guides for heroes that I could link in the OP?

Usually when I google I get some year old pages and just end up throwing whatever on whoever :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

This is the KR Gear list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNsXkUEB4PckUzZHuY8eKsL94UIKpMAIyZCnZnlnQh8/edit#gid=667653254
This is the KR Tier list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ulDo9mlt2CV62kQXFruaLqFBkBs97ERjIqyBdOFxlFU/edit#gid=1836774655

Big fat word of warning that KR differs pretty significantly from Global, some of our heroes are better than theirs, some of our are worse or just different. Gear as well, some of the stuff they list just doesn't make any sense which might be due to different available team builds and things like that.

But they're decent starting places to check if you just need something to start with, just take them with a grain of salt.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Whew. I have day 6. I was worried.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is Xiao any good in pvp? Double skill delay seems pretty hilarious. Nezha as well for that matter, with her formation shuffle, though I don't know how much that matters.

I need to figure out who to rank up, sitting on a bunch of 5*s and 4*s I haven't used much.

4* Nezha, Bai Jiao, Xiao, Zhuge Liang, Nia, Ruri, Yu Shin, Lu Bu, Joker, Victoria, Jupy, Lania

5* Yui, Ariel, Heavenia, Ming Ming, Yuri, Black Rose, Jin, Rei, Feng Yan, Diaochan, Lee Jung

I've used some of those here and there, some for immunities, but none with any regularity.

victrix fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 18, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xiao is not very good for PvP, if you want cooldown increase then Yu Shin is much better than her. A single target skill that does nothing other than increase cooldown is a liability, as is regular immunity.

Nezha is Okay-ish, her formation shuffle is strong as is her pierce and damage reflect, if you build her for HP + Life Drain she can be a pretty big nuisance. She's more or less directly replaced by Rin though, I probably wouldn't bother with her at this point but it depends on if you already have anything on her or not.

6* any resistance heroes and leave them at that, for use in CR. Victoria and Lee Jung you want beefy eventually for CR/Raid.

Bai Jiao is better for Raid than Victoria but only by 10% so I don't think he's really worth working on at all. Joker is junk, toss him. Jupy can cover your raid 2 DPS but so can Dellons, dunno if she's really worth working on at this point.

Nia/Ruri/Yuri are worth holding on to for awoken forms but not worth focusing now.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Thanks, sounds like a bunch of meh then, my 6* team is generally some mix of 7k/lords (Dellon/Spike/Javes/Eileen and Teo) and then whatever else for the content I'm doing.

I'm going for Karma, just need ~150 more Rubies to get him, then whoever from the upcoming selectors, and maybe Ace if I ever finish this stupid 'puzzle' :eng99:

I do have like four extra copies of Lee Jung though, and a pile of Earth elements, so I guess I'll work on transcending him at some point, though I'm reluctant to invest all the fodder and gold it'll take to rank him up since I only have 850k or so and raising the upcoming 7k/lords take priority.

Remade Spike is amazing, him and Da Qiao are propelling me up towards 1700 in Arena, even against teams with multiple transcended heroes or level 40s.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lee Jung is pretty solid, his passive normal attack effect is really good for getting poo poo off cooldown in a hurry which helps a LOT in CR and Raid. I've considered long term using him for Raid 1 with a setup like, Dellons / Eileen, Karon, Espada, Lee Jung. But that's a long ways off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It's pretty tempting to try going without rachel on easy CR days and see if I can do more damage that way. Lee jung has a 40% damage reduction passive and brings CDR, so it might work out?

• Locked thread