Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doktor Per posted:

I love you word replacer.

I know what I typed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

The Time Lesbian Strikes Again! :j:

The best part is Thawne fuckin' around with history:

Thawne: "BARRY YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE TIME YOU'RE BAD AT IT"
Barry: "Fine kill my mom w/e"

*runs back through the time stream immediately afterwards*

Thawne: "hey Dahrk look what I did, I got the Nazis to bomb New York! Pretty rad huh"

He's just such a smug amoral dick. :allears:

They really did score a casting coup with Matt Letscher in that he's able to protray Thawne as the exact same kind of smug rear end in a top hat that Tom Cavanagh did in Season 1 Flash to the point where you really feel like it's the same person :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

But Einstein had jack poo poo to do with the bomb.
Also super heroes aren't real.

thrakkorzog posted:

To be fair, the show has ditched some of the worst parts of the first season.
Things are definitely looking up.

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically don't get overly attached to anyone who isn't Brandon Routh and/or Victor Garber.
Pity Stein is the worst remaining character by a long way.

Mortanis posted:

I really enjoyed that and two of the best villains the CW-verse has had being on one show is also great. I'd be super happy if the show was just "Thawne and Darhk gently caress up time" with our sorry looking lot of hopefuls here chasing after them and fixing it.

Literally "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego".
That would be great.

Doktor Per posted:

I want more plots like when Otto Octavius was kissing on Aunt May.
For a moment there I read that as Mole Man (because that's a thing that happened in newspaper Spider-Man) and it made me realise how great it would be if this show was like newspaper Spider-Man.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Pity Stein is the worst remaining character by a long way.

Victor Garber has the most star power of the bunch outside of Routh. So Stein is probably gonna be around until Garber decides he's done with the show barring the writers coming to a natural stopping point for Stein's role on the show on their own.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I won't hear a bad word said about Victor Garber.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

He's very wool.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

irlZaphod posted:

He enabled his wife in Invisible Child

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also I'm extremely entertained by how this episode got precisely 0 details of nuclear history correct.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also I'm extremely entertained by how this episode got precisely 0 details of nuclear history correct.

Timeline was already altered because of laser gun battles and Time Lesbian shenanigans, it's not like the DC universe adheres to our history that rigorously anyway.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kwyndig posted:

Time Lesbian shenanigans

page 69

tee hee

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I couldn't believe the JSA showed up right at the end of the episode. This show is nuts and doesn't even care, does it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Time Lesbian Shenanigans is the name of my new band. They're on Tour with Bear-Shark Alliance and HoMunkCulus

It actually made up for the JSA missing certain members. The completely incorrect history kind of reminded me of old genre shows with time travel where they'd go to a point in time and not get a single detail right or act like some myth was true, because hey why not act like King Arthur was real?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really glad they decided to distinguish this show from the other DCCW shows by ramping up the comedy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

twistedmentat posted:

Time Lesbian Shenanigans is the name of my new band. They're on Tour with Bear-Shark Alliance and HoMunkCulus

It actually made up for the JSA missing certain members. The completely incorrect history kind of reminded me of old genre shows with time travel where they'd go to a point in time and not get a single detail right or act like some myth was true, because hey why not act like King Arthur was real?

Lesbiegends of Timeorrow

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
In the new timeline 'Friends of Dorothy' never caught on, it's instead 'Friends of Sara'

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

FactsAreUseless posted:

When they said, paraphrasing here, "We need Albert Einstein or else they'll get nukes!" I shouted at my TV, "NO THATS DUMB DUDE WIKI IT JESUS CHRIST LET THEM TAKE ALBERT EINSTEIN, gently caress LET THEM TAKE ALL THE EINSTEINS THEY WONT GET NUKES THAT WAY."

It's... such an easily verifiable fact and Oppenheimer is a name that begs to be used in a comic-book context.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, I'm not saying have Fermi show up, but Oppenheimer is not obscure. Los Alamos is not obscure.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Stein punching out Oppenheimer wouldn't have had the same zip in the promo material though. Still, it was some egregious pop history.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Stein punching out Oppenheimer wouldn't have had the same zip in the promo material though. Still, it was some egregious pop history.
Oppenheimer even has the "I am become death" line, how did they not want to use that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Stein would have probably punched out Teller.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I kept waiting for them to say that Einstein's ex-wife was Marie Curie.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't worry, I had the same gut reaction.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

As in all things, I blame Barry Allen

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I was actually more miffed about their speaking modern English in 823 England. I got over it pretty fast when Jackson and Stein were dressed like wizards cuz that was pretty funny. As soon as something dumb happens, I remember what I'm watching and just chuckle at it. This season's gonna be so great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The writers have seemed to given up on the concept that the Legends should be seen as anything but massive fuckups by anyone except themselves, so that's an overall plus.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Senerio posted:

The writers have seemed to given up on the concept that the Legends should be seen as anything but massive fuckups by anyone except themselves, so that's an overall plus.

I'm ok with them being a bunch of time travelling goofs who blunder into beating each season's big bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

As in all things, I blame Barry Allen
I can't argue with this.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Time to beat the poo poo out of more nazis.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh my, Victor Garber singing :swoon:

the hardass general crying was hilarious

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Welp, the season is instantly justified.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This show continues to be wonderful.

And gently caress yes, bar brawl against nazis.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Protect Max Lorenz!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Punching a nazi rather than doing the salute to fake them out is always the right answer. You did good for once, Ray.

Edit: Oh god, them voting on whether or not they even get to come along on the mission.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 21, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can easily see Sara being nominated the leader of this ragtag bunch by the end of this episode

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Poor Ray.

"So your superpower is wearing a suit?"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol loving owned Ray

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress you lady, Ray is totally a hero :mad:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

oh that's some bad cgi

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

I can easily see Sara being nominated the leader of this ragtag bunch by the end of this episode

Huh looks like it's leaning that way.

Edit: Mmmyep. Sara Lance, Time Lesbian AND Time Mistress.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Sara is the best, always has been. I don't know much about these new people and I've never read comics before. Who are all these people? I don't really know what to look up and the Justice Leagues and Societies have usually gone through like 20 lineups over time.

• Locked thread