Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
also maybe the it follows soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The Stranger Things soundtrack is Carpenter esque and has some creepy rear end tracks. Halloween is a classic. It Follows is a good rec.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
beyond the black rainbow is a bad movie with a good soundtrack

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Maniac (2013) Soundtrack is great.

And anything by Goblin

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh gently caress yeah the maniac is good too, I have that one as well

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Under the Skin.

Gnarly soundtrack. Even if it's not a 100% straight-up horror movie.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

fabio frizzi, james bernard, howard shore's cronenberg scores, coil - unreleased themes for hellraiser, broadcast - berberian sound studio ost

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fantasy zone posted:

anything by david carpenter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carpenter_(baseball,_born_1985)

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah idk why my phone decided to change john to david but w/e

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Return of the Living Dead soundtrack is really good, I also got a copy of the Wolf Cop OST by Shooting Guns on cassette that came in a sweet VHS clamshell

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn it, you might only know 45 Grave from "Partytime" off the Return of the Living Dead, but every inch of their own album Sleep in Safety is worth your time.

There's a reunion album that came out a couple years back, but I haven't heard it. Don't need to. One and done.

EDIT: that soundtrack is neck and neck with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 as having the finest punk horror soundtrack, but Return of the Living Dead has a Cramps song written for the movie, TCM2 just has Goo-Goo Muck.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 16, 2016

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Bride of Chucky : Music from and inspired by the Motion Picture

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

beergod posted:

Need horror film soundtrack recommendations stat

Cannibal Holocaust, Creepshow, Maniac ('80s and '10s), Manos, Martin, Blade.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Music that was used in a movie, tv show or video game is inferior in every way to Music that wasn't please stop posting about it so that the limited post production facilities can focus on stuff that has more merit.

They haven't said a peep about the nuclear throne soundtrack since they announced it and its starting to make me anxious.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just about any horror movie with a soundtrack by Goblin is worthwhile.

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeXReX posted:

Music that was used in a movie, tv show or video game is inferior in every way to Music that wasn't please stop posting about it so that the limited post production facilities can focus on stuff that has more merit.

They haven't said a peep about the nuclear throne soundtrack since they announced it and its starting to make me anxious.

Your dumb as hell if you think people are ragging on others because they are getting soundtracks that stand on its own and not because they are getting the donkey kong 64 soundtrack in blue

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I for one am sorry that my overstock copy of the Streets of Rage soundtrack prevented somebody from getting their copy of some limited-press indie ambient noise album over a year ago.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

King Vidiot posted:

I for one am sorry that my overstock copy of the Streets of Rage soundtrack prevented somebody from getting their copy of some limited-press indie ambient noise album over a year ago.

Apology accepted, now don't do it again.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

fantasy zone posted:

Your dumb as hell if you think people are ragging on others because they are getting soundtracks that stand on its own and not because they are getting the donkey kong 64 soundtrack in blue

if you don't think the DK64 ost stands on it's own you should get some new ears buddy

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

King Vidiot posted:

Data Discs don't produce run numbers that would do that and also they do their releases right and are not what fantasy zone is talking about, you intolerable dweebs.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > The Vinyl Thread - You Intolerable Dweebs

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Joined the vinylmeplease to get my hands on Odelay as its the only pre Guero album of his I don't own. Then I saw they were having a sale and had the $10 off referral code. Pretty stoked with the service so far. Hopefully the next two records will be cool. Oh and they sent me a mystery 45. Some dude, James Vincent McMorrow. Not really my jam but a fun little bonus.

Total haul was only $55. Not to shabby. Though if I had known at the time the Beck stuff was getting a wide release I probably would not have bothered. I am perfectly fine with plain old black vinyl.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Reminder you have only three more days to pick up the greatest soundtrack in the Milky Way.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Exact replica or nothing :colbert:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
How the gently caress did that raise over a million dollars

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Schremp Howard posted:

Nerds.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

beergod posted:

Need horror film soundtrack recommendations stat

TerrorVision.

Allen Wren posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > The Vinyl Thread - You Intolerable Dweebs

You can't really be a record collector without being an anti-social weirdo. It just comes with the territory.

(I'm not excluding myself from this.)

Schremp Howard posted:

You can't really be a record collector without being an anti-social weirdo. It just comes with the territory.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think it's cool, but I'm also a huge space nerd. :shrug: I'd have backed the project if the actual product wasn't absurdly expensive.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think it's cool, but I'm also a huge space nerd. :shrug: I'd have backed the project if the actual product wasn't absurdly expensive.

They need a tier in between which is just the record without all the extra trimmings

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

screaden posted:

They need a tier in between which is just the record without all the extra trimmings

What, you think that anyone's actually going to PLAY these things?

(I would play mine so hard, but that's the entire problem in a nutshell, they're not being made for people who want to play them.)

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I think I'll show off some of the colored vinyl I've accumulated over the years.

The very first one I got. Stryper - Soldiers Under Command

Some more
Anthrax - Antisocial (Live)

I Started A Joke by the Bee Gees (Side A) and Faith No More (Side b)

Cheech and Chong - Earache My Eye (2013 release)

This band's lead vocalist is one of my Facebook friends
Energy - Invasions of the Mind (album)
Energy - Walk Into The Fire (EP)

Godsmack - Cryin' Like A Bitch (Whiskey Hangover on Side B)

In This Moment - Sex Metal Barbie

One I thought I wouldn't even SEE much less own.
Judas Priest - 5 Souls

Xmas stuff from the King of Punk.
Joey Ramone - Christmas Spirit... In My House

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Nice

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mike_V posted:

Data Discs don't produce run numbers that would do that and also they do their releases right and are not what fantasy zone is talking about, you intolerable dweebs.

Well I guess since his name is probably a reference to the game Fantasy Zone, or to the arcade game Space Harrier, I imagine he's probably cool with my Streets of Rage soundtrack.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Jumping on that colored vinyl train. Found this on a lunchtime venture today at a local. If only I could find Another Green World.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

hatelull posted:

Jumping on that colored vinyl train. Found this on a lunchtime venture today at a local. If only I could find Another Green World.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I think I'm more comfortable with someone paying for a video game ost than a Godsmack album tbh

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i moved at the beginning of the month and vinyl me please sent a copy of odelay to my new and old places so assuming they didn't bill me twice that's pretty fuckin' baller

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Oh hey, License To Ill was finally re-issued on vinyl this month. I always wondered why that never got pressed along with the other Beastie Boys albums in 2009. Now I just hope I can find it for less than $24 some time. That's a bit much for a single disc release.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
At the weekend I finally had one of those days I've daydreamed about. My sister in law mentioned to a friend that I collect vinyl, to which she replied "oh, my dad used to have vinyl records, we've two full crates in the shed if he wants them, he can come take them as we need the space" one txt message and literally 10 minutes later I'm loading up my car.

I wasn't sure what to expect but I was so stoked when the first record I thumbed was Jaco Pastorious, the bulk is mainly rock, prog and jazz with a few other jems and assorted cheese.
The only drawback is one crate was cracked and open to the elements so a few are gonna need new sleeves but the vinyl is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn that's a fun Cramps release. Did it come with the 3D glasses?