Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
He can't possibly be talking about MH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe he means Future Fight?

Edit: Oh my god maybe he's going to working for his old friend Ryan O'Lochte on Ryolnir Presents: Diablo Four.

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 16, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

his tweet before that one was hanging out at blizzard hq

so clearly hes working on the new single player campaign for league of legends

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I talked to some of my inside sources in the gaming industry, and rumor has it Brevik will be the brainchild behind Diablo 4: The Hotdoggening. Ryan "Ry-Ry" Near is tasked with the role of lead developer, employing an all star team of former top-tier Gazillion devs such as Michael "the lisp" Mayhew. Thedink is in line to take on graphics duties, and sources say that she has put out some amazing concept work so far, including Deckard Cain sporting a bulge the size of a Chilean sea bass. Diablo 4 will truly push the genre into the 21st century, using advanced technology such as the "alpha system", where end game players can "level up" an extremely cryptic skill tree consisting of over 13,643 meticulously detailed nodes. They're also upping the loot game big time, with unique items having dozens of seeds that can be rolled, with exciting bonuses varying from "hits 3 guys" to "hits 4 guys", and can even grants you the ability to make your guy bigger, smaller or have rose pedals dropping at your feet.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gibbering Madness posted:

I talked to some of my inside sources in the gaming industry, and rumor has it Brevik will be the brainchild behind Diablo 4: The Hotdoggening. Ryan "Ry-Ry" Near is tasked with the role of lead developer, employing an all star team of former top-tier Gazillion devs such as Michael "the lisp" Mayhew. Thedink is in line to take on graphics duties, and sources say that she has put out some amazing concept work so far, including Deckard Cain sporting a bulge the size of a Chilean sea bass. Diablo 4 will truly push the genre into the 21st century, using advanced technology such as the "alpha system", where end game players can "level up" an extremely cryptic skill tree consisting of over 13,643 meticulously detailed nodes. They're also upping the loot game big time, with unique items having dozens of seeds that can be rolled, with exciting bonuses varying from "hits 3 guys" to "hits 4 guys", and can even grants you the ability to make your guy bigger, smaller or have rose pedals dropping at your feet.

I'm 6 to midnight with this. Diablo 4 will catapult our civilization far into the future.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Rufio posted:

He can't possibly be talking about MH

But we could dream, imagine how good this game could have been if it had the original diablo creators input!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you're making a modern Diablo-like why would you ask David "redraw the skill tree multiple times a week" Brevik for advice.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Almost sounds like the "if you haven't spent much/any money on the game you're more likely to receive the major discount coupons" tinfoil crowd might have been right.

Never change, Gaz. Or do, I guess.

Just to add to the data pool for this, I've only gotten 5 and 10% coupons on my main account, but i logged in once a week or so ago with one of my alts that's never spent a dime and got like 90% off.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

davebo posted:

Just to add to the data pool for this, I've only gotten 5 and 10% coupons on my main account, but i logged in once a week or so ago with one of my alts that's never spent a dime and got like 90% off.

Rude Mr Gaz. Very sad.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

that nightcrawler revamp is coming any day now, right guys? :negative:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Percelus posted:

nightcrawler has had like 4 reworks shut up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Only room for one fuzzy blue mutant this year sorry.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Only room for one fuzzy blue mutant this year sorry.

Uh come again?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

He means this gazyear.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Percelus posted:

he had his reworks. maybe you just need to :gitgud:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Don't play furry heroes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kainser posted:

Don't play Marvel Heroes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Uh come again?
Not until Black Bolt's done.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kainser posted:

Don't play furry heroes.

don't tell davebo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm the best there is at what I yiff. But what I yiff best is men of ice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

Not until Black Bolt's done.

Upon which you'll come so hard you explode.

(You just can't help yourself, when you hear his sexy voice.)

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
I have been playing mgs5 instead of this game. Replaced one bad game over another. Fantastic

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

jujojoh posted:

I have been playing mgs5 instead of this game. Replaced one bad game over another. Fantastic

Le participant terrible

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

jujojoh posted:

Snake, please Fulton yourself out of this thread. The pubs back at the oforums base in Seychelles need you! Snaaaaake!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Have they said when they are going to be done with upgrading all the release costumes?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the game won't be complete until doop is playable

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

jujojoh posted:

I've got no internet at home so I've been playing Titan Quest.

Man does that game know how to do skill trees.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kainser posted:

Have they said when they are going to be done with upgrading all the release costumes?

You're cute.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ghostlight posted:

I've got no internet at home so I've been playing Titan Quest.

Man does that game know how to do skill trees.

When you're done with that, give Grim Dawn a go. It's not bad.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

so, gaz has been hitting a lot of internal milestones including a really big one last friday, but they can't tell you just yet

also they are totally on track to have this giant systems update on the ptr by the end of this month but one strange thing happened

they can't put it on by the end of this month because of the dr strange event also has to go onto the ptr

so early november guys

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

the internal milestone is that they found someone who can eat as many hotdogs as ryolnir

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I refuse to believe anyone can eat that many.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The clown seized his arm.

And George saw the clown’s face change.
What he saw then was terrible enough to make his worst imaginings of the patch on the ptr look like sweet dreams; what he saw destroyed his sanity in one clawing stroke.

'Hotdogs,' the thing in the drain crooned in a clotted, chuckling voice. It held George’s arm in its thick and wormy grip, it pulled George toward that terrible darkness where the water rushed and roared and bellowed as it bore its cargo of Storm debris toward the sea. George craned his neck away from that final blackness and began to scream into the rain, to scream mindlessly into the white autumn sky which curved above Foster City on that day in the winter of 2016. His screams were shrill and piercing, and all up and down East Hillside Boulevard people came to their windows or bolted out of their porsches.

'Hotdogs,' it growled, 'hotdogs, Georgie, and when you’re down here with me, you’re a hotdog, too–'

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The "internal milestone" was actually just a former employee's "internal kidneystone" left behind at gaz HQ.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
https://twitter.com/Pudgyboi/status/788170396663107584

So apparently this guy's the new community manager. May the hotdogs be with him.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cobwebs on the Gaz sign. Seems about right.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

MMAgCh posted:

https://twitter.com/Pudgyboi/status/788170396663107584

So apparently this guy's the new community manager. May the hotdogs be with him.

Really not surprised to see the gaz office covered in cobwebs. Nor am I particularly surprised that Ryolnirs protégé is an anime.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
He looks like someone I went to college with.

I went to a terrible college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

How long do you think before he's lead designer?

• Locked thread