Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if it were literally any other day of the week i'd be right there on the front lines but i have to proctor an exam in like 6 hours

Rest well, soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So Aurora veil is just Reflect/Light Screen except in one move?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crosspeice posted:

The main dataminer, Kaphotics, has confirmed that Alolan Persian, Diglett, Geodude, Graveler and Golem are real. That's all the Alolan Forms in the game.

So no redemption for Dodrio.

I'm so loving sad right now :negative:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Probably to balance it, it'll be unaffected by Light Clay and may even be a signature move on a Pokemon with a terrible defensive typing.

And Brick Break will still work on it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

seems like it, i'm guessing its going to be a unique move to a single line of pokemon to stop it from making reflect/light screen obsolete entirely

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

So no redemption for Dodrio.

I'm so loving sad right now :negative:

Dodrio needs no redemption, as I love them.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mabels big day posted:

Thought: "Alolan Dugtrio" is just a single normal Dugtrio with cool hair. I see no reason to think otherwise.

the lady that lets you see the great moles is all "dang alolan forms sure are crazy" when you talk to her

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Crosspeice posted:

Probably to balance it, it'll be unaffected by Light Clay and may even be a signature move on a Pokemon with a terrible defensive typing.

And Brick Break will still work on it.

Just judging from the name, it'll probably be signature to a Fairy or Ice type.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

it would be cool if my friend klefki got aurora veil but i doubt this will happen very much. a man can dream though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

the lady that lets you see the great moles is all "dang alolan forms sure are crazy" when you talk to her

She's senile.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mabels big day posted:

She's senile.

my heart goes out to her

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh so that's why I remembered liz and tate being the hardest gym in emerald

gently caress

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

rip lombre

maybe if you had evolved 2 gyms ago like everyone else you could have lived a +1 psychic from a xatu

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was probably obvious by now but the leaked starter final evos are apparently very much confirmed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was probably obvious by now but the leaked starter final evos are apparently very much confirmed

The only negative about this is that we'll see a month of people whining about another Fire/Fighting pokemon when it's actually Fire/Dark

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

So what's your starter gonna be? Rowlet or Litten?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the first two popplio forms look kinda crap but i actually like the final form and typically end up with water starters, so i'd pick that

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Thinking about it more...

Throat Chop is probably Litten3's signature move, Aurora Veil probably belongs to Popplio3, and Laser Focus probably goes to Rowlet3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's a water starter?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The only negative about this is that we'll see a month of people whining about another Fire/Fighting pokemon when it's actually Fire/Dark

i'm hype for people to poo poo their pants about the water line looking too feminine

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

Throat Chop is probably Litten3's signature move, Aurora Veil probably belongs to Popplio3, and Laser Focus probably goes to Rowlet3.

Huh, yeah that adds up pretty well. I kept thinking Throat Chop sounds like a great heel move but didn't have much of reason if the other two don't get signature moves. Nice.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.

Dexie posted:

I believe it.

Also I'm crestfallen that the datamine video with the shiny previews at the end shows that shiny Popplio is unbelievably underwhelming. I know that might change upon evolving but come OOON

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just don't like the design, and am looking forward to traveling with my friends the water and grass starters

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm hype for people to poo poo their pants about the water line looking too feminine

:same:

I actually love Popplio's line way more now that we know it's singer/mermaid themed and not clown themed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently kaphotics is saying that there's less than 100 new pokemon. :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hopeandjoy posted:

I actually love Popplio's line way more now that we know it's singer/mermaid themed and not clown themed.

yeah, i just don't really like the grass line other than the first two forms for different reasons, and the final evo is just kind of stupid-looking. the fire line is...unfortunate. oh boy, some humanoid cat thing that's a wrestler. gamefreak has never explored this territory with the fire starters before.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's probably going to be like this from now on, with variations and megas of older pokemon to inflate numbers a bit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Veks posted:

It's probably going to be like this from now on, with variations and megas of older pokemon to inflate numbers a bit.

I'd be down with that if we didn't know over half of the new pokemon via official trailers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Johnny Joestar posted:

the final evo is just kind of stupid-looking. the fire line is...unfortunate.

Turn on your monitor.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I mean, I don't blame Game Freak but it's still a little sad. At least Alola variants are closer to new Pokemon than megas are, considering you can use them always and they probably have new movesets.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Watch versions of the three Ultra Beasts be the Event Exclusive Pokemon you've always gotta wait a year or two out to receive.

They made sure everything was leaked ahead of time by their own hand. Even the mythical mons. It was the only solution.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Dude I know! And I might be an outlier here but I love all these guys always have. Litten is my precious kitten son and if he grows up big and stronk and starts chopping people in the throat I know I've raised him right. Popplio can be my beautiful mermaid boy because gently caress the haters. I'm gonna save rowlet for my third run through and name em' Ezio.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's being speculated that throat chop, laser focus, and aurora veil (from the first datamine video) might be signature moves for the starter lines

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Any confirmation on alternate final starter evolutions per the two versions? And any idea just how many new Pokemon there are in S/M?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 18, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's being speculated that throat chop, laser focus, and aurora veil (from the first datamine video) might be signature moves for the starter lines

Dexie posted:

The thread's not moving that fast, man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flopsy posted:

gonna save rowlet for my third run through and name em' Ezio.

lol if you don't name him Hawkeye

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LemonLimeTime posted:

Any confirmation on alternate final starter evolutions per the two versions?

unconfirmed

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

laser focus is a cool name what does it do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The thread's not moving that fast, man.

letters and numbers are flying before my eyes and i'm being overstimulated. send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TWIST FIST posted:

laser focus is a cool name what does it do

Guaranteed crit next attack