Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's being speculated that throat chop, laser focus, and aurora veil (from the first datamine video) might be signature moves for the starter lines

That was speculated in this very thread, then someone who read it here posted that "people" were speculating that in the Smogon thread. And now someone in this thread has posted that information here again.

Soon, someone will post in the Smogon thread again and become a speculative oroboros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Infinitum posted:

lol if you don't name him Hawkeye

B-but he's an owl. :(

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TWIST FIST posted:

laser focus is a cool name what does it do

Move you use next turn is a guaranteed crit. Not that useful imo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Funkmaster General posted:

That was speculated in this very thread, then someone who read it here posted that "people" were speculating that in the Smogon thread. And now someone in this thread has posted that information here again.

Soon, someone will post in the Smogon thread again and become a speculative oroboros.

it's now being posted that gamefreak left in the shiny version of every move in the demo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if it makes it a sniper-level crit it could be usable in a gimmick set with leaf storm

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Guaranteed crit next attack

lame

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/788255514480275456

It's not like we didn't already know this was coming.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Less than 100 new pokemon is lame. I'd be willing to forgive it more if there were a lot of Alolan forms but tons of Gen 1 pokemon aren't even getting them. I'd rather of just gotten more megas.

EDIT: I mean there are gonna only be what, roughly a dozen evolution lines getting a form? That sucks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Internet Kraken posted:

Less than 100 new pokemon is lame. I'd be willing to forgive it more if there were a lot of Alolan forms but tons of Gen 1 pokemon aren't even getting them. I'd rather of just gotten more megas.

I'd be more upset with less than 100 Pokemon if it weren't for the fact that most of the revealed ones so far are really loving good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im glad of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

CONFIRMED.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: I mean there are gonna only be what, roughly a dozen evolution lines getting a form? That sucks.

Most of the Gen1 pokes that aren't getting them have gotten Megas or baby evos or further evolutions. Those pokemon were never getting an Alola form since that would require loving up with so many other forms/evos. That in mind there weren't many lines left that you could actually give Alola forms to.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Robinroot forever and ever 100 years dot com

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The cat looks better in the model than in the art but sirenseal is still my number one boy/girl

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not surprised there are so few new pokemon but it's still disappointing

at least they've been pretty much all great so far

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can't believe I'm starting with litten

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/788259338632605696

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Owlett3 is such a nerd.

I love him.

Popplio3 is a very very close 2nd.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Still holding out for Alola forms for post-Gen1 dudes.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

well the models look better at least

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MY WRESTLING SON!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Most of the Gen1 pokes that aren't getting them have gotten Megas or baby evos or further evolutions. Those pokemon were never getting an Alola form since that would require loving up with so many other forms/evos. That in mind there weren't many lines left that you could actually give Alola forms to.

There's still tons of Gen I lines that could have gotten them.

Caterpie line, Spearow line, Ekans, Nidoran M and Nidoran F, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Paras, Venonat, Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Geodude, Ponyta, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Seel, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Koffing, Goldeen, Staryu, Jynx, Tauros, Lapras, Ditto, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, and Dratini.

That's still 35 evolution lines that they could have given Alola forms to. Hopefully Pokemon Eclipse gives us more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No actually there are a lot.

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Electrode
Parasect
Butterfree
Dragonite
Dodrio
Fearow
Arbok
Venomoth
Golduck
Primeape

etc.

I'm finding Alolan forms are super underwhelming if there are this few.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why does the number matter

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Diglett ON IT'S SIDE?!?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

omg.

I'm guessing grass/ground? But it's so cute.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

No actually there are a lot.

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Electrode
Parasect
Butterfree
Dragonite
Dodrio
Fearow
Arbok
Venomoth
Golduck
Primeape

etc.

I'm finding Alolan forms are super underwhelming if there are this few.

dragonite, nidoking, and nidoqueen already got amazing abilities

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, what are our guesses for this thing's type?

Ground/Fairy? Ground/Dragon?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/788260750481461248

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok thats all for me folks its been fun pokemon thread. youll miss me more than ill miss you 😉

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mermaid seal is real, and my friend.

Popplio's final form is my favorite, but these all look pretty great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here come new ones

https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/788262044931764224

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray for shiny Pokemon

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my the toucan

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Toucan is a good bird. I have no idea what the other three are supposed to be.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Looks like the Toucan Pokémon is real after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It turns out they have a second 3D image they forgot to remove with normal colors.