Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/16xtv06.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/8rUqRYM.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/xzzyhBC.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

AFewBricksShy posted:

You're in that weird half generation that I am, which is the tail end of the X and beginning of the Millenials. I don't seem to have that much in common with gen x, but also have not much in common with millenials either. I've seen it referred to as the Oregon Trail generation which is a stupid name but it does seem to be a good baseline if you're in that time period (which would be you played Oregon Trail on a computer in grade school)

Holy poo poo, that works perfectly. Oregon Trail it is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Generations are and always have been marketing demographics and a way to complain about kids these days.
Nah there's a legit argument for Baby Boomers. Literally everything else is marketing.
I like this one because he goes for the "bad touch bad touch I need an adult" body language.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

1 strike and 2 balls

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oldpainless posted:

1 strike and 2 balls

More like oldandnutless

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea gently caress working on weekends. If my boss asked me to work on weekends I'd laugh in his face. I took this job under certain conditions and if they want to change them now they can either fire me or go gently caress themselves. This is by no means an indicator that I have a sense of entitlement and security bred out of a lifetime lived with zero adversity whatsoever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ak Gara posted:

What ever happened to Generation Y?

[edit] Thanks, google!

Old people are calling themselves millennials so they don't have to feel old

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

18 Character Limit posted:

The job description at the time has exactly zero bearing on what an employer might change their needs to. And your ability to say no to it is entirely dependent on your financial security to quit outright at the moment they do.

my ability to say no is in my contract, sucks to be you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel people are getting really worked up about this working on a weekend thing. If your job hires you to work weekends, you work them. If once in a while, when its really busy or a project is due, they ask you to work it and you have the option to say yes or no depending on circumstances.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea gently caress working on weekends. If my boss asked me to work on weekends I'd laugh in his face. I took this job under certain conditions and if they want to change them now they can either fire me or go gently caress themselves. This is by no means an indicator that I have a sense of entitlement and security bred out of a lifetime lived with zero adversity whatsoever.

You seem really really angry.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
This generational divide stuff is the product of experience more than arbitrary generations. A person new to the workforce is more likely to act whiny, entitled, or screw up. Some of them might grow out of being a flake as they realize the type of expectations they might need to meet.

I have coworkers that encourage their kids to apply at the same job and it is often a disaster because the most important thing in my job is showing up to work on time. It's not a millenial problem, it's a new young employee problem. Typically the older new people are more reliable because their had a lifetime of learning from being screw ups, have aged out of their original career and are trying to get vested and get their pension before their body gives out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oldpainless posted:

I feel people are getting really worked up about this working on a weekend thing. If your job hires you to work weekends, you work them. If once in a while, when its really busy or a project is due, they ask you to work it and you have the option to say yes or no depending on circumstances.

Ride The Gravitron's post was a little ambiguous on the exact situation and doesn't say whether people knew they might be called on to work weekend nights when they took the job. Weekends are one thing, weekend nights are another.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Got some drat good millennial schadenfreude from work. We recently started a weekend over night shift where all you have to duo is answer one call and watch Netflix.

First millennial they put on the job kept calling off every Saturday and loudly bragging "they're not gonna fire me!" She got fired.

Second millennial they put on the job got fired two days later when she uploaded snapchat after snapchat of the 8 people she invited in the office to party during the overnight shift.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The idea that you would risk losing a job because they asked you to work weekends is a luxury. Sometimes its an earned luxury, like the person who said its written into their contract. All too often its a luxury that people aren't even self-aware enough to realize they have, because they've never had to think about the negative consequences of being unemployed(because for them there would hardly be any).

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BiggerBoat posted:

This would be a good ask/tell thread.

I'm glad you think so, but it was mostly just convincing drunk people to go to bed, or deathly ill people to go to the goddamn hospital. "I know this really dampens your Las Vegas vacation, sir, but your wife said you have cirrhosis and you're vomiting blood, and I'm not calling you a liar, but I suspect that martini glass next to your bed has everything to do with it. Please go to the hospital, there is too much blood for our housekeepers to clean."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQkpcHM__I

Good to see LA Beast doing relatively innocuous challenges again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

gosh, his backpack is very full

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Panfilo posted:

This generational divide stuff is the product of experience more than arbitrary generations. A person new to the workforce is more likely to act whiny, entitled, or screw up. Some of them might grow out of being a flake as they realize the type of expectations they might need to meet.

I have coworkers that encourage their kids to apply at the same job and it is often a disaster because the most important thing in my job is showing up to work on time. It's not a millenial problem, it's a new young employee problem. Typically the older new people are more reliable because their had a lifetime of learning from being screw ups, have aged out of their original career and are trying to get vested and get their pension before their body gives out.

My workplace has hired a pretty equal number of employees from both the "20s" and "40s to 50s" age ranges. I think we've had about equal rates of success with both of them. For every millennial who isn't experienced in the workforce, you've got an older adult who thinks they know what they're doing because they've been working for 35 years and get upset when told that they're screwing up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm just imagining people telling some kid IRL who doesn't care about their bullshit job that they should care about it.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Dex posted:

my ability to say no is in my contract, sucks to be you

job descriptions as most people use them aren't contracts. Contracts are contracts.

I got to listen to one guy use the job description argument while his team was converted to partial weekend work. It didn't go well for him.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

job descriptions as most people use them aren't contracts. Contracts are contracts.

thanks for the english lesson. i meant to say "my ability to say no is in my contract, sucks to be you", in that case

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there are starving kids in Africa that would have eaten that job

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I got to listen to one guy use the job description argument while his team was converted to partial weekend work. It didn't go well for him.

Regardless of what the contract says, if there's a fairly obvious expectation of what the job entails (e.g mon-Fri 9-5) and it wasn't mentioned during the interview, if someone tells you you have to work on weekends you're allowed to be pissed off, demand not to do that and quit without being viewed as a piece of poo poo.

Unless you're one of those 'Well the rules are the rules so I can be as big a dick as I want as long as I don'y break them' types. In which case gently caress you.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Outrail posted:

Regardless of what the contract says, if there's a fairly obvious expectation of what the job entails (e.g mon-Fri 9-5) and it wasn't mentioned during the interview, if someone tells you you have to work on weekends you're allowed to be pissed off, demand not to do that and quit without being viewed as a piece of poo poo.

Unless you're one of those 'Well the rules are the rules so I can be as big a dick as I want as long as I don'y break them' types. In which case gently caress you.

I agree with that if it was a hardship but seriously to get paid to answer a phone once and then screw around (within reason) for the rest of my shift, I would be volunteering to work it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hey, wow, remember when this thread was about schadenfreude and not what age group people are and those drat youngsters/old people?

Anyway, shut the gently caress up and post fun poo poo and quit beating this horse's corpse because it's starting to resemble chili.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXnCdIfGzs

Failarmy from last week cause I lose the dog and hosepipe :3:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Elohssa Gib posted:

I agree with that if it was a hardship but seriously to get paid to answer a phone once and then screw around (within reason) for the rest of my shift, I would be volunteering to work it.

:same:

At my job we had a similar gig on Sundays where you were on site and on call but 90%of the time you'd just get 8 hours of overtime to watch football, BBQ and goof off with other Co workers. Easy money.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyway, shut the gently caress up and post fun poo poo and quit beating this horse's corpse because it's starting to resemble chili.

Yeah but does it have beans in it?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Elohssa Gib posted:

Sure, but what if you've got a family, or you have your life organised so that you do whatever team hobby or sport or whatever on weekends? If you do random shifts it's not so bad, but if you're doing set hours and they tell you they've changed then that's bullshit.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hey, wow, remember when this thread was about schadenfreude and not what age group people are and those drat youngsters/old people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXnCdIfGzs

Failarmy from last week cause I lose the dog and hosepipe :3:

Saw 4 dog episodes, none were a fail by the animal involved.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
That's a weird looking clown.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

IGNORE ME!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Anyway, shut the gently caress up and post fun poo poo and quit beating this horse's corpse

How about slapping a horse's rear end?

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/787748996366405634/

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Craptacular posted:

How about slapping a horse's rear end?

One of those oh so beautiful 'Well what the gently caress did you think was going to happen?'. Unless she's some dumb city person who's never heard anything about horses before. In which case she learnt something valuable.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

The job description at the time has exactly zero bearing on what an employer might change their needs to. And your ability to say no to it is entirely dependent on your financial security to quit outright at the moment they do.

Nah I'm a civil servant and my union rules so i'll be fine forever :madmax:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
One-Eyed Bullfighter Gored In The Eye Again

http://deadspin.com/one-eyed-bullfighter-gored-in-the-eye-again-1787907445

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozq6oNHWRMI&t=8s

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

"again" :stonk:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bull's eye!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So was it the same eye or not?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

So was it the same eye or not?

Yeah. He returned later in the day and fought a different bull.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Jos%C3%A9_Padilla

hes really handsome in a 'gored through the face by a bull' sort of way

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Just a quick warning if anyone is about to GIS his name to see what he looks like, the image search will pull up some pretty horrific photos from the fight where he originally lost his eye. The bull's horn actually came in just behind his jaw and pushed out his eye from the inside.
:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Little provides me more schadenfreude than hearing about these assholes getting gored by bulls. gently caress bullfighting and gently caress them.