Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

So of the third party voters that post the most in this thread one is a sociopath and the other a Libertarian sociopath. And they're both states' rights advocates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

NewForumSoftware posted:

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you hate women?

Honestly, it's pretty clear by your posts you haven't actually researched her positions for an instant. What about Hillary isn't progressive? I mean she's a dyed in the wool leftist and here you are telling us that Hillary is only going to make things worse?

Look, Hillary Clinton isn't Bill Clinton even if your misogynistic head is too small to understand it.

In short, burn in hell Trump supporter.

I mean, Candidate Obama vs President Obama were very different things, and there's no reason to believe Hillary's any different.

I'm not voting for Trump unless somehow you consider not contributing to a Democratic victory lap voting for trump.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you hate women?

Honestly, it's pretty clear by your posts you haven't actually researched her positions for an instant. What about Hillary isn't progressive? I mean she's a dyed in the wool leftist and here you are telling us that Hillary is only going to make things worse?

Look, Hillary Clinton isn't Bill Clinton even if your misogynistic head is too small to understand it.

In short, burn in hell Trump supporter.

America is run on corruption, as an example Obama care, although it does a lot of good, is flawed to the core as it does nothing to control costs because of the systematic corruption of the US system.

Hillary is that corruption.

Now that we are running into a point where rural communities are going to be losing their economic viability even more, and robotics and automated systems will be displacing the low skill workforce even more, we are to believe that someone who will certainly run in the election on the left and preside on the right will be a solution to any of these longterm problems?

Getting upset by Trump being a sexist/rapey dude while ignoring hillary speculating whether to kill asaunge with drones sort of articulates that shallow love of women you care so much about.

Also lmao at your unironic 'so you hate freedom' trope.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 18, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sethex posted:

someone who will certainly run in the election on the left and preside on the right

Citation needed

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
*gasp* Why would she drone Gulian Asaunge?!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Who What Now posted:

*gasp* Why would she drone Gulian Asaunge?!

Who wouldn't want to? I want to. Vote for me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lmao at trying to concern troll about Assange but being completely unable to even google the actual spelling of his name.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Barbe Rouge posted:

So of the third party voters that post the most in this thread one is a sociopath and the other a Libertarian sociopath. And they're both states' rights advocates.

thirdpartyvoters.txt

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Also, :lol: if you think a third party president would magically change the country. The Green party (or worse, Libertarians) taking the House and/or Senate would be a bigger shake up than the loving president. But that will never happen.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Also, :lol: if you think a president would magically change the country.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The president will change nothing, except KILLary, who will lead us into WWIII!!!1!!111!!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

The president will change nothing, except KILLary, who will lead us into WWIII!!!1!!111!!

This, except all of them. Hillary starts ww3 with russia. Trump starts ww3 with Iran. Johnson starts ww3 with Mexico (only other foreign country he's actually aware of). Jill Stein starts ww3 by turning off all the nuclear reactors without understanding that they need to be actively cooled or they turn into bombs.

I will say, Trump's got the best looking war out of the 4 but you have to give credit to Johnson and Stein for getting creative.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yesterday you said absolutely nothing noteworthy would happen during a Trump presidency.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Republicans tell me voting third party is basically voting D. Democrats tell me voting third party is basically voting R. My votes count double hahaha

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Yesterday you said absolutely nothing noteworthy would happen during a Trump presidency.

A new war isn't noteworthy in America. Like I said, you have to start two civil wars before you've even hit the curve.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

NewForumSoftware posted:

A new war isn't noteworthy in America. Like I said, you have to start two civil wars before you've even hit the curve.

You called it WW3, you think it won't be noteworthy?

You continue to expose yourself as the biggest moron.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

NewForumSoftware posted:

Good to see you concede that Hillary's hawkishness is not a real concern. See? Progress can be made!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Good to see you concede that Hillary's hawkishness is not a real concern. See? Progress can be made!

I'm embracing being a responsible American voter.

WampaLord posted:

You called it WW3, you think it won't be noteworthy?

The only one that would really be noteworthy would be Jill going suicidal by shutting power off to the nuclear reactors around the country. Everything is is BAU from what I can tell.

But yeah, I'm privileged enough to vote Hillary without fear of any consequences so :regd08:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nice meltdown

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

NewForumSoftware posted:

So I suppose it isn't noteworthy that Obama has managed to keep us out of major ground combat?

Is anything noteworthy other than maintaining an air of ignorant superiority to the detail work of politics?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

woke wedding drone posted:

So I suppose it isn't noteworthy that Obama has managed to keep us out of major ground combat?

No it's noteworthy. Obama's got a civil war or two on his record(curve applied) though which makes it tough to give him an A.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Are you talking about civil wars in other countries? Is our president supposed to stop all of those?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Apparently "a civil war happens anywhere on earth" is the metric you're using. Presumably you're also counting Captain America: Civil War as well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sethex posted:

I'm a fan of throwing your vote at a third party. Mostly because America had a lot of structural problems an Hillary is only going to make things worse by being status quo an people like trump will likely spur reform by being as lovely as Nixon if not worse.

That said I'm sure that opinion is identical as wishing an antichrist be made president as a lot of the posters drank the gender politics Kool aid.

The main issue people having with many anti-Clinton folks is that they rarely specify any actual policy they disagree with. It is a fact that Clinton is more left-leaning than the average Democrat. Granted, this is far from ideal and the average Democrat is not very left-leaning at all, but the problem is that people act like Clinton is more right-wing than most Democratic politicians, which is provably false. The impression that Clinton is notably right-wing seems to be entirely based on some vague perception created by the media, rather than reality.

I think the only specific thing I've seen anyone mention in this thread is US policy in the Middle East (specifically Syria*). Is there any other specific reason why you (and others) are so strongly against Clinton? Are you also as strongly against the vast majority of other Democrats?

*To be fair, there is a debate to be had here, and I don't like how many people immediately turn "we shouldn't intervene" into "YOU MUST BE PRO-ASSAD". It's no different than someone claiming someone is pro-Saddam for not supporting the sanctions or war in Iraq. It is a fact that regime change does not usually improve things in these situations (and often makes them worse), so the fact that Assad is bad is not a valid argument against non-intervention.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Are you talking about civil wars in other countries? Is our president supposed to stop all of those?

Well yeah but we kinda caused the one in Iraq and by extension Syria, etc

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Tbh outside of the really fringe candidates a trump win would be the most enjoyable outcome.

you're all panicking about him using nukes an legalizing rape or some other nonsense while the conventional US establishment is interested in a new cold war with Russia that is simply dumb an gay.

The fact that it has almost always been Russia that America looks to as a nemesis, isnt a good reason to continue wasting effort antagonizing the country with one of the largest nuke piles.

it seems the US political culture that is tolerated by corporate america's administrators are out of ideas.

Get set for the status quo, because the Republicans are going to have Congress until the districts are re gerrymandering.

As an investor I would love to get in on a trump recession, if millenials obsessed with sexuality in politics would focus on materialistic subjects then maybe there wouldn't be such a huge industry of bloggers writing slate articles on how poor 20 somethings are.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 18, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

NewForumSoftware posted:

Well yeah but we kinda caused the one in Iraq and by extension Syria, etc

And your assertion is that the civil wars that then took place in those countries reflect poorly on Obama's record?

Sethex posted:

Tbh outside of the really fringe candidates a trump win would be the most enjoyable outcome.

you're all panicking about him using nukes an legalizing rape or some other nonsense while the conventional US establishment is interested in a new cold war with Russia that is simply dumb an gay.

The fact that it has almost always been Russia that America looks to as a nemesis, isnt a good reason to continue wasting effort antagonizing the country with one of the largest nuke piles.

it seems the US political culture that is tolerated by corporate america's administrators are out of ideas for anything other than the status quo.

As an investor I would love to get in on a trump recession, if millenials obsessed with sexuality in politics would focus on materialistic subjects then maybe there wouldn't be such a huge industry of bloggers writing slate articles on how poor 20 somethings are.

Also lmao if you think the Republicans aren't going to control the Congress given the redistricting.

No we get it, you love chaos and bigotry. We won't forget either.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

And your assertion is that the civil wars that then took place in those countries reflect poorly on Obama's record?

well yeah, I think even Obama admits he hosed up the withdraw from Iraq

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
How would you have done it?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

How would you have done it?

Honestly? Probably the same, but that's why Obama doesn't really hurt from those two. Those are his curve wars, you get those for free as a President. Yemen though... I dunno tough not to feel like we're kinda causing that one too. Once you get to three it's like "dude, maybe you should stop sending weapons to Saudi Arabia"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

NewForumSoftware posted:

Honestly? Probably the same, but that's why Obama doesn't really hurt from those two. Those are his curve wars, you get those for free as a President. Yemen though... I dunno tough not to feel like we're kinda causing that one too. Once you get to three it's like "dude, maybe you should stop sending weapons to Saudi Arabia"

So what course of action could he have taken to earn an "A" grade from you?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

So what course of action could he have taken to earn an "A" grade from you?
In the foreign policy department,
Cut ties with Israel and Saudi Arabia

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No we get it, you love chaos and bigotry. We won't forget either.

Chaos is already the path that the US govt is headed. Regarding bigotry lol at president bigotry reduction.

Also the somber warning at the end, amazing feels pouring out, tastes delicious.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

NewForumSoftware posted:

In the foreign policy department,
Cut ties with Israel and Saudi Arabia

That's great and I agree with that position, but do you really think there would be fewer civil wars as a result?

Sethex posted:

Chaos is already the path that the US govt is headed. Regarding bigotry lol at president bigotry reduction.

Also the somber warning at the end, amazing feels pouring out, tastes delicious.

No I already said we know, it's OK. To get a rise out of others is more important than helping others. It's good to identify you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

it seems the US political culture that is tolerated by corporate america's administrators are out of ideas.

Get set for the status quo, because the Republicans are going to have Congress until the districts are re gerrymandering.

3/10, trying too hard

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

That's great and I agree with that position, but do you really think there would be fewer civil wars as a result?

Yes. I think the war in Yemen is a good example of one that is only happening because we are empowering Saudi Arabia with the ability to do so. See also: Israel/Palestine conflict, might not be civil but it's very much a war we enable.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No I already said we know, it's OK. To get a rise out of others is more important than helping others. It's good to identify you.

Saving lives From low quality posts meant to signal virtue.

Lmao When your argument rests entirely on 'ur bad'.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sethex posted:

I haven't done any arguing, nor would I need to. Especially when you use phrases borrowed from your real community.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sethex posted:

lmao another youtube rational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta say that while cutting off the house of Saud would feel good, they still have plenty of money to buy Eurofighters and so on with, so they're still gonna be supplying people with arms and propping up brutal dictatorships and inflaming civil wars.

• Locked thread