Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I choose to believe that all shyeel jack ranged attacks are executed similarly to a kamehameha

It'a more like a Dodon ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways it seems like most of my games when I win I do so on caster kill. Are there any decent guides to improving my scenario game? It's non existant these days.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Anyways it seems like most of my games when I win I do so on caster kill. Are there any decent guides to improving my scenario game? It's non existant these days.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com.au/

It's a Circle based blog but he runs through all the scenarios on different posts.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ok, now you guys need to explain where Iron Mother's gun is.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Ok, now you guys need to explain where Iron Mother's gun is.

If I'm not mistaken the little thing on her chest just below her head is a literal aperture to whatever it is that powers her whole body (hence the name Aperture Blast for the gun)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Magres posted:

If I'm not mistaken the little thing on her chest just below her head is a literal aperture to whatever it is that powers her whole body (hence the name Aperture Blast for the gun)

So she's the Guyver?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It's Mom. She destroys you by being withholding.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It's Aperture science. She does what she must, because she can. For the good of all of us, except the ones who dead.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Friendly Fire posted:

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com.au/

It's a Circle based blog but he runs through all the scenarios on different posts.

Neat! Anything Khador specific out there? I feel like zerko1 should have a good scenario game but I'm bad and am having issues getting it going.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

She lost her good scenario tech in the transition. Though considering how good khador jacks are right now it's probably for the best.

I get better at scenario play the more I ask myself "should I kill poo poo or would I be better off throwing/slamming/keeping them out of the zone and/or just neutralising their ability to cap?" Most of our casters have decent scenario game, and we have a lot of models that work well for that like bulldoze jacks, shocks, kodiaks and marauders.

Hopefully old witch gets buffed so her feat isn't so useless, at which point shell be a solid scenario caster.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I wouldn't call a auto pow 14 on moving an inch closer to witch a useless feat. Yeah it's not dumping a bunch of idrians on a caster but with what she carries for spells and abilities its far from bad.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Old Witch seems to suffer from the same problem as Krueger1, in that they both have good and relevant spells/abilities, but their feats weren't retooled for the new meta.

Also, I improved my scenario game mostly by thinking about scenarios more during list-building. When I started playing I mostly thought about direct synergies within my list, but now I care a bit more about how and where I ideally want to deploy everything. I don't really build lists to grind out scenario wins but I try to always include something that can pressure a flank and a unit that can hold the center for a bit so I at least don't lose on scenario.
I also always felt like building to win on scenario is kind of an exercise in futility because they are so varied, but using scenario pressure is something everyone can do.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

For_Great_Justice posted:

I wouldn't call a auto pow 14 on moving an inch closer to witch a useless feat. Yeah it's not dumping a bunch of idrians on a caster but with what she carries for spells and abilities its far from bad.

Useless is hyperbolic but warrior models only isnt going to get you very far these days.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

albany academy posted:

Useless is hyperbolic but warrior models only isnt going to get you very far these days.

Everything takes a POW 14. Warriors just fall down too. Which you know includes casters and solos.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Being roughly equivalent and in many cases worse than sunhammer isn't really worth mentioning, so they didn't.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I personally run quite a lot of warrior models. Old witch is mean and rude to me.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

It's a good scenario feat. If something can't move in without getting killed than it's not getting in there.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It depends on your meta. It doesn't do dick against Karchev with 15 Mad Dogs.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

What does dick Karchev and 15 mad dogs?

I'd actually like to see kreoss 1 and like 8 redeemers and vassals/wracks to power 24 shots out of them.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Enh. If everyone were still running double max melee infantry or whatever it would be good. But gunlines and jack heavy lists can for the most part ignore it.

Karchev with that many mad dogs just wants to play attrition. If you can bog everything down with something other than infantry you could maybe get the upper hand on scenario... But the best idea imo is similar to the pkreoss thing. Knock his screeners down and shoot the gently caress out of him.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 18, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

Enh. If everyone were still running double max melee infantry or whatever it would be good. But gunlines and jack heavy lists can for the most part ignore it.

Karchev with that many mad dogs just wants to play attrition. If you can bog everything down with something other than infantry you could maybe get the upper hand on scenario... But the best idea imo is similar to the pkreoss thing. Knock his screeners down and shoot the gently caress out of him.

Yeah this is why I think a dumb karchev list should probably have two devastators to be steady screens for him. You can still take 11 mad dogs.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah that might start coming up more and more now, especially if it gets more popular. right now I think anybody seriously running that list would think 4 mad dogs is more boxes than 2 devastators and that's enough.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Playing Caine 2 I have successfully cleared out Idrians, Knights Exemplar and half of the Flame Cleansers. I position Caine so that their is 'no way' for my opponent to be in 11 inch charge with his Vengers.

Turns out ' no way' didn't factor in if he murders his own horsemans first and then feats them back that same turn!

It was only due to my opponents dice failing him hard that Caine survived and I won when my opponent gave up. That was a mistake I won't be repeating again.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Miniature basher is having a sale on a bunch of warmachine stuff at the moment

Example, 60$ for a prime axiom

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Miniature basher is having a sale on a bunch of warmachine stuff at the moment

Example, 60$ for a prime axiom

Do you mean miniature market? I can't find miniature basher any where.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Yes he does. They are having a sale to get rid of outdated stuff. Mk2 battleboxes, metal units that have new plastic versions, infantry blisters, etc

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yep miniature market, drat this is an early morning

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The WMH stuff is mostly Mk2 and other discontinued stuff. The tabletop supplies category is worth browsing- lots of good deals on terrain, bases, etc.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I snagged the one blister of Flameguard Cleanser grunts, which is excellent though now I need to find one more for a full unit.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Listening to the Primecast it sounds like PP is going to release a Mordhiem inspired game type. Hopefully it'll nice alternative to the regular game types.

Also Do Dragons Poop is the best segment.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Does the latest primecast seem really quiet to anyone else?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Listening to the Primecast it sounds like PP is going to release a Mordhiem inspired game type. Hopefully it'll nice alternative to the regular game types.

Also Do Dragons Poop is the best segment.

A Mordheim style game from PP could be amazing. I'd like a game focused on the tabletop skirmish aspect where you can advance your characters but isn't the IK RPG. So basically the IK RPG but ditch all the non-combat stuff and re-balance it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mordheim was hella rad

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah PP have kinda been ehhhh when it comes to trying to branch out the Warmahordes IP beyond the main game, but a smaller scale skirmish/gang-fight game from them theoretically sounds great.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I would buy in on a Mordenheim type game.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The rules, all 32 pages, will be available in the January edition of NQ 70. Please note my whole 'Mordhiem' prediction is just based on Will saying that they use squads in the game, and individual model decoration will really shine. Take that as you will.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
That sounds fun as hell

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Basically every Skorne forums post is "PP plz, here are my horrible ideas to fix XYZ"

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Basically every Skorne forums post is "PP plz, here are my horrible ideas to fix XYZ"

You just can't comprehend the brilliance of the suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Just got the $58 prime axiom.

Right now I have syntherion, 2 magnetized tripods, mitigator, and 2 galvanizers. Gonna pick up a diffuser, corollary, optifex directive, and some servitors. Maybe an ADO and a steelsoul as well. Eventually I'll want to get a flier magnetized as well.

Should I bother with eliminator and accretion servitors? Was thinking of just getting attunement and reflex for axiom to poop out.