Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

oddium posted:

make way here she comes ring bells bang the drums you're gonna love her team:

vikavolt
tsareena
wishiwashi
passimian
baller salandit evo
dark meowth

extremely cool, very cute, super good

The rest of that doesn't scan at all. :colbert:

Well ok you can kind of shoehorn in the first three on the list but as a whole it doesn't work at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Maybe if you can't catch the UBs then the shiny forms are cool post-game refights.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Moon:
Final Rowlet
Lycanroc
Alolan Marowak
Alolan Raichu
Wimpod Evo
Punch Dragon Whose Name I Don't Remember

Sun:
Final Litten
Vikavolt
Alolan Exeggcutor
Alolan Ninetales
Silvadi
Toucan Sam depending on typing? maybe Alolan Dugtrio

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Not just you. The cover legendaries have cute pre-evos.

Also, the Big Red Mosquito dude was an Ultra Beast that got announced a while ago. Exclusive to Sun while the Cockroach lady is exclusive to Moon. Unless you were talking about another of the mons. In which case, oops.

Ohhh right I remember hearing about the Ultra Beasts but I somehow managed to never see that one.

I really like that the lovely route 1 bird turns into a giant toucan

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo the middle evolution for Pikipek is the Aracuan !!! :aaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjxwaZZVBE

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Yessss so much to Salandit evo

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

The sheer amount of people whining because Litten's evo is bipedal, and only because of that, is honestly baffling to me. Why is that so important?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
How the gently caress did they not learn how to make the 3D run well in sun & moon? Poke finder runs at like 3fps and it's not even a battle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LupusAter posted:

The sheer amount of people whining because Litten's evo is bipedal, and only because of that, is honestly baffling to me. Why is that so important?

Because it makes it look more like a Fighting type.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

LupusAter posted:

There are some people who think Pokémon should be more like regular animals, and stay on all fours if they started out being on all fours.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
110 stat increase, huh?

I wouldn't have guessed that the mascot of this generation was still Greninja.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I went to sleep thinking nothing could be leaked and I wake up to Komala not getting an evolution. I'm going back to bed to die in my sleep.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

LupusAter posted:

Yay, this again.

People really miss quadruped or something.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

RIP Dolphin and Snowman.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Haha, oh my god the animation for Pursuit is fantastic, the opponent Pokemon slowly moves towards your visibly sweating Pokemon as it backs away. Perfect.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

LupusAter posted:

It's basically a meme at this point that every fire type turns into fire/fighting and stands on 2 legs by the time it's fully evolved and people were hoping for a bit more variety this time

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How the gently caress did they not learn how to make the 3D run well in sun & moon? Poke finder runs at like 3fps and it's not even a battle.

The 3ds is so graphically outdated it's not even funny

I imagine it probably runs better on a New 3DS but even the technology in that is seriously old

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol @ the mushroom evo

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

LupusAter posted:

i wanted a more cat cat for the first cat starter but instead got a big dumb idiot

anywho, so y'all who were around for the XY leaks, was the leak volume around this level? how much wasn't datamined? has this one been fully datamined now in a way XY wasn't?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It is really weird the chinese leak was right about so much and such specific stuff but whiffed the snowman and dolphin. Rip them.

Wimpod's evo is amazing as is bubble bug. So many good bugs after the disappointment of gen VI :allears:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's basically a meme at this point that every fire type turns into fire/fighting and stands on 2 legs by the time it's fully evolved and people were hoping for a bit more variety this time

I imagine it probably runs better on a New 3DS but even the technology in that is seriously old

too bad it has all the good handheld games

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Monster hunter 4U & Generations can run the 3d on full at 30+ fps with about 3 times as much happening on screen at once and gamefreak can't even have one pokemon on screen without the 3ds blowing up. poo poo's just weird.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waffles Inc. posted:

i wanted a more cat cat for the first cat starter but instead got a big dumb idiot

anywho, so y'all who were around for the XY leaks, was the leak volume around this level? how much wasn't datamined? has this one been fully datamined now in a way XY wasn't?

3DS hacking tools didn't really work when X/Y was released. Also no demo so we didn't know most of the Megas or even normal pokes like Goomy until people got their hands on early copies and played through the game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

It is really weird the chinese leak was right about so much and such specific stuff but whiffed the snowman and dolphin. Rip them.

Wimpod's evo is amazing as is bubble bug. So many good bugs after the disappointment of gen VI :allears:

Someone earlier said the Chinese for snowman can also be read as yeti, as in Crabrawler's evolution.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Side note: Pokemon with different OTs will still ignore commands unless you complete 'Grand Trials', which I assume are beating the Kahunas. Greninja, for example, won't listen to you unless you complete two Grand Trials.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

lol @ the mushroom evo

Not that I'm unhappy with it, but this is the third two stage mushroom line.

And no dolphin? Odd

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I seriously suspect at this point that if you went up to Matsuda and say hey, dolphin Pokemon he'll slap his forehead and just run off to his drawing board

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Monster hunter 4U & Generations can run the 3d on full at 30+ fps with about 3 times as much happening on screen at once and gamefreak can't even have one pokemon on screen without the 3ds blowing up. poo poo's just weird.

Probably because they future-proofed the pokemon models to an absurd degree, they're all ridiculously high polygon models while Monster hunter artifacts all over due to the smart shortcuts they take.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

The X/Y leak was just someone who got their hands on the game early and just played through it crazy quick to find out everything.

Also I've been wanting a coconut crab pokemon for ages now. I've been wanting a yeti pokemon even longer.

Yeti Crab is everything I could have wanted :swoon:

Also if Ultra Beast can be captured, this gen could potentially be a quarter legendaries.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 18, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd like to trade in the Alolan Forms for more new Pokemon please. I wish they'd stop doing that. I love the designs of some of them, but I would prefer more new Pokemon instead. I didn't like when they did this with Megas either.

I'm in the minority I guess based on this thread but I'm never a fan when one of the games doesn't have a full roster and pads it out with old Pokes. Give me only new Pokemon, all the time.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the dolphin's gotta be either the prettyfish or wishiwashi

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Also, Alolan Golem line owns. Know that.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Macaluso posted:

I'd like to trade in the Alolan Forms for more new Pokemon please. I wish they'd stop doing that. I love the designs of some of them, but I would prefer more new Pokemon instead. I didn't like when they did this with Megas either.

I'm in the minority I guess based on this thread but I'm never a fan when one of the games doesn't have a full roster and pads it out with old Pokes. Give me only new Pokemon, all the time.

i like the megas, primals, the alolan forms, all of them are good. do you also want nintendo to ditch shinies? just curious

its weird having seen this many RPGs use different colored versions of the same baddies in their games and feeling like that imo

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The Alola forms are pretty much new pokemon.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Yeah just to represent the other side of it, I love this sort of attention to old forgotten pokemon. Like Beedrill was useless for about 20 years before it got a Mega which is really cool to me, and Golem was one of my old favorites and I'm really interested in what the Alolan Golem will do differently.

Also Hat Form Pikachu whatever it is

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Toucan is rad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blazing Zero posted:

i like the megas, primals, the alolan forms, all of them are good. do you also want nintendo to ditch shinies? just curious

its weird having seen this many RPGs use different colored versions of the same baddies in their games and feeling like that imo

Shinies aren't really the same thing, they don't fill out the roster like Megas and Alolan forms do

Golden Goat posted:

The Alola forms are pretty much new pokemon.

They're not. Dugtrio just now has beautiful golden locks. He's still Dugtrio tho

But like I said I'm in the minority

On the other hand I love that new Pokemon with the big mushroom hat.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Am I misunderstanding some of this datamined stuff or do we not have the full Alolan dex yet, just the new pokes?

I just want to know which of my old friends will be there

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I am just fine being wrong this time. These are some good spoilers. Robinhoot will have some great Merry Mons next month.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Shneak posted:

Also, Alolan Golem line owns. Know that.

Golem is one of my fave gen one pokemon, and I'm very unsure on its Alolan form.

Its arms got more stubby and it's got facial hair and it's got a weird thing on its back, what happened to you Golem?

fadam posted:

Toucan is rad.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1476781758068.png

Alolan Pokedex for anyone who wants to see in-game mons

Fun notes
1) The gen IV and V fossils are there but no others are. Plus Aerodactyl. We might get them in-game?

2) Butterfree without Beedrill is odd but not unexpected now that Beedrill has a mega.

3) Very, very few Gen VI pokes overall. There's only a few lines represented

4) Porygon is actually in a national dex again!!!

5) also gently caress you wingull i am so goddamn sick of you