Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CharlestonJew posted:

bonnie and john's wife were basically the only likable rockstar female characters

i forget how girls were portrayed in Bully tho

You can smooch em for extra health ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If the new Red Dead has a cash shop/pay DLC like GTA V, I hope they just let me buy the Brahma bull mount for multiplayer, instead of locking it behind all this rank. I never got it in RDR because I didn't want to grind deathmatches for a year. I'd gladly drop $5 for it. I am aware this makes me part of the problem.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

RDR 2, trailer on Thursday, out in a year.

e: and I'm not counting on the trailer clearing up a hell of a lot, it took a while from GTA V's first trailer to the announcement of three protagonists, and if RDR has any big gimmicks like that I trust Rockstar to keep that well under wraps until it's time for part two of the hype campaign, but I bet it's gonna look fantastic.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 18, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CharlestonJew posted:

bonnie and john's wife were basically the only likable rockstar female characters

i forget how girls were portrayed in Bully tho
The hacker and get away driver you could recruit for heists were the only likable competent female characters in GTAV

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Haha out in a year.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

My Lovely Horse posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

RDR 2, trailer on Thursday, out in a year.

e: and I'm not counting on the trailer clearing up a hell of a lot, it took a while from GTA V's first trailer to the announcement of three protagonists, and if RDR has any big gimmicks like that I trust Rockstar to keep that well under wraps until it's time for part two of the hype campaign, but I bet it's gonna look fantastic.

So.....they've told us Fall 2017, and given R*'s track record of hitting release dates, that means spring 2018 then? Gonna be a long wait, I kinda wish they just went for a Spring 2017 release.

e: also no PC version on launch again.

MZ fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 18, 2016

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

The hacker and get away driver you could recruit for heists were the only likable competent female characters in GTAV

The hacker lady is also the only expensive person I brought on the heists since that was something I couldn't account for. Bad gunman and driver I can at least make up for by being not poo poo.

zolthorg posted:

the only woman in launch gtaiv is an 'evil cop bitch who betrays you'

i wonder if the white male protagonist of gta6 will have a #notallmen license plate

Kate was a legit decent person from what I recall. She maybe dies but she also maybe cheeses it out of there like a sensible one. There's also Mallorie who has a rough start since there's implied cheating (however that's on both ends) but past that she's fairly decent and nothing bad happens directly to her.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Trojan Kaiju posted:

The hacker lady is also the only expensive person I brought on the heists since that was something I couldn't account for. Bad gunman and driver I can at least make up for by being not poo poo.

Kate was a legit decent person from what I recall. She maybe dies but she also maybe cheeses it out of there like a sensible one. There's also Mallorie who has a rough start since there's implied cheating (however that's on both ends) but past that she's fairly decent and nothing bad happens directly to her.

i liked her and when nico was like 'u fuckin cop bitch' i was like gently caress you you do crimes nico
but im saying from the perspective the writers did / the player is supposed to take on the situation

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They should just have made a game where you play as Catalina.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Only up to a point. I think if you pick a bad driver in the first heist he straight up eats it during the bike chase and is nabbed along with a solid share of your take.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

They should just have made a game where you play as Catalina.

Only up to a point. I think if you pick a bad driver in the first heist he straight up eats it during the bike chase and is nabbed along with a solid share of your take.

Yeah that did happen. After that though I don't think anything else like that occurs. It's basically the only time the game tries to convince you that hey maybe you shouldn't play cheap.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Darn, I was hoping they would announce a ps4 remaster alongside the new one. I haven't played the original RDR and I've been waiting for the remaster, but I might have to break out the ps3

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zolthorg posted:

wasnt the whole appeal to bully that you can give flowers to hot boys

I think so

only girl I remember from bully was the lunch lady who gives you a sidequest to drug the English teacher so she can date rape him

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The aiming in Rise of the Tomb Raider is garbage. It's like there is a hefty amount of input lag and a large deadzone. It's annoying the hell out of me because I don't remember the first game having this problem.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 18, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why wouldn't you expect the lady characters in a rockstar game to be terrible monsters. All of their characters are terrible and hideous. That's what they do. If they made some nice lady they'd be going soft.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

The aiming in Rise of the Tomb Raideris garbage. It's like there is a hefty amount of input lag and a large deadzone. It's annoying the hell out of me because I don't remember the first game having this problem.

Digital Foundry did a video about the input lag on PS4 and Xbone. 360 version is lag free.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Housh posted:

Digital Foundry did a video about the input lag on PS4 and Xbone. 360 version is lag free.

Yeah, it's feeling like Uncharted 3 did on release. What a disappointment. It's still playable, but it isn't nearly as enjoyable as it should be.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

To anyone playing World of Final Fantasy: use the classic menu. It's so much better. You actually get to pick your targets and find skills that don't exist with shortcuts and the like. If I didn't switch I wouldn't even have known you could summon Tidus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harlock posted:

To anyone playing World of Final Fantasy: use the classic menu. It's so much better. You actually get to pick your targets and find skills that don't exist with shortcuts and the like. If I didn't switch I wouldn't even have known you could summon Tidus.

D-Pad up lets you choose Champions, D pad left and right let you change targets in the basic mode.

Classic menu is the only place you can use items and target enemies with healing spells though

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Sweet, just one more year till RDR2

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Dying Light is so loving good. It's like a cross between Far Cry 3 and Alien: Isolation, and im having the same feeling of "ok, this is how you do a AAA game" that those two gave me. The graphics are retardedly good (best waving leaves ever) and it's hilariously violent. On top of that, I just unlocked a huge second area that i didn't even expect to exist. It's also genuinely scary and tense, and even now that I'm pretty well equipped i hide like a little bitch from the big freak monsters that come out at night. If you haven't picked this up, smash in the window of a game store with an electrified katana and locate a copy using your hunter sense.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Can't wait for the goon posse to drag other players behind our horses

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lol at yet another Final Fantasy game that obscures important game mechanics. Having to have a specific setting just to use items? Really?

fit em all up in there posted:

How's robot golf ? Worth dropping a $20 on ?
Only if you can get someone to play with you because the quickmatch is broken

Though maybe they will fix that next week

If you aren't running around loving with each other's shots basically you're not playing robot golf, and the AI has zero brainpower in that regard

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Dying Light is so loving good. It's like a cross between Far Cry 3 and Alien: Isolation, and im having the same feeling of "ok, this is how you do a AAA game" that those two gave me. The graphics are retardedly good (best waving leaves ever) and it's hilariously violent. On top of that, I just unlocked a huge second area that i didn't even expect to exist. It's also genuinely scary and tense, and even now that I'm pretty well equipped i hide like a little bitch from the big freak monsters that come out at night. If you haven't picked this up, smash in the window of a game store with an electrified katana and locate a copy using your hunter sense.

Dying Light was a blast while it lasted. But after a while, you are going to realize that its much more beneficial to stay out at night than to hide in a safehouse. You get so much more XP that way and the volatiles aren't that dangerous provided you have shitloads of flares, which you probably will if you go after the air drops.

Also, pick up the DLC. It adds a buggy and has less parkour, but the gameplay carries on to that and its a pretty solid offering.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah, bought this game awhile ago based on thread recommendations and everything above is true. I'm just about to unlock the new area and the game is loving great. Most fun one had with a game in quite some time.

Edit: the above is true too. Night exploration rules and you have nothing to lose since dying at night doesn't cost survivor points

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

blackguy32 posted:

The aiming in Rise of the Tomb Raider is garbage. It's like there is a hefty amount of input lag and a large deadzone. It's annoying the hell out of me because I don't remember the first game having this problem.

Thankfully we are in a time of Videogaming Bounty. Because as much as I am excited to keep playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, I have put it aside to play other games whilst I cross my fingers for a patch.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Man, I'm just not excited for RDR2: Online

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

So don't play that part?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Early red dead online when it was just cruising around and killing people in the wilderness and taking over forts was pretty rad.

The actual like, structured online I didn't like too much.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
We have no idea what it's going to be but sorry to hear you're not excited for it I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

Lol at yet another Final Fantasy game that obscures important game mechanics. Having to have a specific setting just to use items? Really?

This isn't actually what you think.

The quick menu is basically shortcuts. It's just there to use things with the minimal amount of button presses. Anything that isn't used regularly doesn't have a shortcut because you're not going to be using them all the time. It's explained in-game and makes perfect sense.

It's just "Okay, this character uses Fire, Cure, Bravery and Haste regularly in combat so I set it up so I can cast any of those with a single button press. If I need to use Esuna (which I don't regularly) I manually select it instead."

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Feenix posted:

Thankfully we are in a time of Videogaming Bounty. Because as much as I am excited to keep playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, I have put it aside to play other games whilst I cross my fingers for a patch.

I am hoping for a patch too. I also should have bought Dragon Quest Builders instead.

FishBulb posted:

Early red dead online when it was just cruising around and killing people in the wilderness and taking over forts was pretty rad.

The actual like, structured online I didn't like too much.

The online for RDR sucked simply because it was too similar to GTA 4, where basically you spawned in, got killed by some random dude, then respawned about 10 meters from where you died, then you either killed the guy that killed you or he killed you again.

Also, the actual competitive modes sucked because of the strong auto-aim. My favorite thing to do was to go up to that cabin in the North in the snow and try my luck at surviving against the cougar onslaught.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

My favorite thing to do was to go up to that cabin in the North in the snow and try my luck at surviving against the cougar onslaught.

I think I saw that movie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quote-Unquote posted:

Good. I got bored of it in about a week but I hope people keep putting shitloads of money into it to buy pretend cars and yachts and whatever so Rockstar make Redder, Deader Revengeance and Bully, where the two ls are roman numerals.

There's only one game that can use this word...and it ain't a Rockstar game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I think I saw that movie.

Im guessing it didn't end well for the protagonists.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

blackguy32 posted:

Im guessing it didn't end well for the protagonists.

They ate well and survived the winter.

Shame about those tourists though.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

omg chael crash posted:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Guys. This may be remedial, but I've never had it happen to me so I'm not sure how to resolve. I just bought something on the store via the PS4 console and then it listed like a bunch of packs and bonuses and the game in a long list of things to download. I chose to download the game, and then I got an error I didn't have enough space. I made some space, and then started the game download. But now I am having trouble finding, like, the bonus pack poo poo that was also available for download...

Does that make sense? Any idea where I find it again?

[edit] Nevermind. Found it once it had an entry on the dashboard and I could go to "your add ons".

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

FishBulb posted:

Why wouldn't you expect the lady characters in a rockstar game to be terrible monsters. All of their characters are terrible and hideous. That's what they do. If they made some nice lady they'd be going soft.

Yeah this. Every character ever designed is a monster. I get the feeling some goons try to white knight videogame npcs for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

Guys. This may be remedial, but I've never had it happen to me so I'm not sure how to resolve. I just bought something on the store via the PS4 console and then it listed like a bunch of packs and bonuses and the game in a long list of things to download. I chose to download the game, and then I got an error I didn't have enough space. I made some space, and then started the game download. But now I am having trouble finding, like, the bonus pack poo poo that was also available for download...

Does that make sense? Any idea where I find it again?

That stuff should show up in the Library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Up close, hi-res version of that image is clearly 7 dudes, sadly no horrible wimmin for my bideo games

• Locked thread