Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive got a story about my friend bumping into Andi Peters.

how did he smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

very carefully

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

WeAreTheRomans posted:

how did he smell

with his nose

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

The Big Taff Man posted:

Nah, the old Granada Studios

Ah yeah there's a few companies still there isn't there. Man, not seeing the red GRANADA TV on the dude of the building anymore on the train in makes me sad :(

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

njsykora posted:

Which is basically an office building with some set dressing funded by a Kickstarter campaign, the games are a mix of old games from the series and new games though most of the games played on the special were old. It was never supposed to be a TV set but for a one-off special/pilot it did the job.

It did! They must have made the dome really easy though since usually people got maybe 80 gold tickets and then at least as many silvers. 300 or whatever they got is the most I've ever seen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who else is hype for another round of Black Mirror on Friday? :neckbeard:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

Who else is hype for another round of Black Mirror on Friday? :neckbeard:

So hype. Might have to binge rewatch the old stuff before then.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive got a story about my friend bumping into Andi Peters.

My sister swung around too quickly once at the NEC and her elbow flew into Andi Peter's ribs, winding him. It was very good. It was the first celebrity I'd encountered, I think. It went well, really. We could've kidnapped him.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I saw andi peters in the bullring. He's fuckin hench now
He was with one of those massive dancing robots iirc

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
My friend was in a queue at the airport and thought they saw Peters further down the queue ahead of them. She turned round to her sister and said "I think thats Andi Peters", and Peters turned round and said "YES ITS ME" with a little flourish and then walked off quickly

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I've never seen Andi Peters in real life but he did send me a signed picture and a T-Shirt when I won a CBBC competition in the mid-90s for answering an extremely challenging question about Animals of Farthing Wood (where are they trying to get to? [White Deer Park])

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The Big Taff Man posted:

My friend was in a queue at the airport and thought they saw Peters further down the queue ahead of them. She turned round to her sister and said "I think thats Andi Peters", and Peters turned round and said "YES ITS ME" with a little flourish and then walked off quickly

how did he walk off quickly when he was in the queue? your story's falling apart Taff

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

WeAreTheRomans posted:

how did he walk off quickly when he was in the queue? your story's falling apart Taff

He got out of the queue and walked off. I believe it was in a starbucks in an airport in the US, maybe he heard a boarding call, maybe he was frustrated at being spotted and wanted to get out of there quickly. Who knows how the mind of Andi Peters works

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I was once behind Susan Boyle in a queue at Heathrow Airport she was complaining about the size of the queue.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I can't get excited for the new series of QI. Just not the same without Stephen Fry. :(

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I once shared a lift with Sandi Toksvig.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was in a coffee shop next to Dara O' Briain a few weeks ago in Edinburgh. He's pretty tall, but I'm taller. Also we have the same name

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

I was once behind Susan Boyle in a queue at Heathrow Airport she was complaining about the size of the queue.

does she look hot irl?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I once walked past Bill Oddie and nodded to him because I recognized his face but not that I only knew him from the telly.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Looke posted:

does she look hot irl?

Hot and bothered.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Taear posted:

It did! They must have made the dome really easy though since usually people got maybe 80 gold tickets and then at least as many silvers. 300 or whatever they got is the most I've ever seen.

I think the dome at the public experience is smaller than the original, might make it easier. Plus it was a charity special, so they likely wanted to give the celebs as much chance to win as possible.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I would never make eye contact with Bill Oddie. You're lucky to be alive.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I made David Attenborough a cup of tea once.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

A boozy chat with QI elf Stevyn Colgan set my mind at rest about Sandi. He says they all can't imagine a time when Stephen hosted the show, which is incredible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about Sandi hosting QI. Seems like the ideal use of her.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I was once in a lift with Terry Gilliham. I also work in Soho so see TV folk a fair bit. I have walked past:

Andy Serkis
Mark Kermode
Josh Widdicombe (twice)
Alex Brooker
Alistair McGowen
Lucy Porter
Sara Pascoe
The Actor Kevin Eldon

I have also been in a pub with David Cross.

And yes I want to see Sandi host QI, she has a teacher quality like Stephen, has the same capacity for humorous exasperation, but will also be a bit different. The gay and posh jokes get replaced with lesbian and posh and Danish jokes.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I was at a wedding with Simon Greenall. My husband told him port tasted like fancy Buckfast and he looked suitably disgusted at the thought.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've never met any famous TV people.

I met David James in a strip club though. He's not as tall as you'd think.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Rarity posted:

I've never met any famous TV people.

I met David James in a strip club though. He's not as tall as you'd think.

Which one of you was stripping

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I do shows during the fringe, work at a university and also am involved in organised skepticism so I've been pretty lucky with celeb spots. A few became mates.

Weird really, the things you get into.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

what's the weirdest thing you've done with one then?

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I was in a coffee shop next to Dara O' Briain a few weeks ago in Edinburgh. He's pretty tall, but I'm taller. Also we have the same name

That was a mirror, Dara.

I sat next to Jeremy Beadle on a plane to Ibiza when I was nine. He made me move out of the window seat because he wanted it. He didn't speak to me much and seemed kind of grumpy, but that might have been because I was staring at his weird little hand a fair bit.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I once served Stephen Mulhern at the New Street McDonalds in Birmingham. What a grumpy shithead he was. I also served Didier Deschamps at the Slough Drive Thru and he was the nicest guy ever

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I cleaned up David Beckham's nuts after he spilled them on the floor at the pub

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mr. Squishy posted:

I once walked past Bill Oddie and nodded to him because I recognized his face but not that I only knew him from the telly.

Whats rude about a body

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aiden Turner invited my friends back to his gaff for a spliff but they were idiots and said no

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I met Les Battersby once and I'm the only one whos posting a pic (I'd lost a bet and poured a pint over my head shortly before)

Hes not the most famous person Ive met tho, quote this if you'd like to hear more

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rarity posted:

Aiden Turner invited my friends back to his gaff for a spliff but they were idiots and said no
I knew someone who gave Pete Doherty a lift home after the pubs closed. I don't believe the evening ended with anything harder than alcohol.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The Big Taff Man posted:

I met Les Battersby once and I'm the only one whos posting a pic (I'd lost a bet and poured a pint over my head shortly before)

Hes not the most famous person Ive met tho, quote this if you'd like to hear more

he looks like your Dad here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

It looks like he's gesturing at his private parts and you're about to oblige him.