Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scags
Nov 12, 2005
If someone from Goon Squad could please yell at an officer for me - I posted an auth thread in the private goonsquad forums yesterday and still need an invite. Thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rum
Aug 23, 2007
Game's dead.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

neongrey posted:

Fail because you've already showed me that cat. Fresh cats!

Fresh catte, you, you....

Also, all from friends, not imgur and stuff to be fair. I would love to own an animal but I travel too much these days so it wouldn't be fair of them to be cooped up in a house a few days at a time :(

To stay on topic, Halloween event and the glorious run away train of nerfs tomorrow!

Thanks Anet for fixing wvw so we can concentrate on Raids!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
What a pretty cat. :3:

Okay, here's my Maddie.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Did someone say cats??

This is Carly, the little loaf.

Jiji, the big loaf.

Shakira, not a fan of the hat.

This is about as happy as she gets.

Off topic, what time do patches usually hit?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Humerus posted:

Did someone say cats??

This is Carly, the little loaf.

Jiji, the big loaf.

Off topic, what time do patches usually hit?

yours do that box thing too?

patch is in 1hr 15mins

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

where the red fern gropes posted:

yours do that box thing too?

patch is in 1hr 15mins

Cat loafing is as natural to them as eating and breathing.

With 3DSXL for scale

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Mad King says post cats to derail thread.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

knowonecanknow posted:

This cat derail is much better than where it was headed again.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

knowonecanknow posted:

Hello

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm sickened by the lack of barks dogs in this thread.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

This cat derail is much better than where it was headed again.

Agreed, post more pets until the patch hits.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm sickened by the lack of barks dogs in this thread.

That is because my dog is too cool for this thread.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Agreed, post more pets until the patch hits.

Okay!

offtopic edit: Is it generally a better idea to upgrade T5 materials to T6, or just sell them, if my end goal is to amass T6 materials for a legendary?

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Patch notes:

http://pastebin.com/2zTC6XCm

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Xera

Bloodstones will no longer allow downed players to rally.

hahaha lucky we did her today boys

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

Blurred Frenzy: The damage of this ability has been increased by 100% in PvE areas only.

That sure is a buff.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh my god new gem store stuff

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Humerus posted:

offtopic edit: Is it generally a better idea to upgrade T5 materials to T6, or just sell them, if my end goal is to amass T6 materials for a legendary?

Its almost always a profit to forge up T5s (bloods, totems, etc., not cloth/leather/metal/wood), especially if you're using them yourself (avoiding the TP tax) and you can salvage ectos you have on hand for the Crystalline Dust for an even better deal. Some of the forges are more profitable than the rest, so if you're hurting for spirit shards you might not go wild on it, but GW2Efficiency has them laid out under the spirit shard currency conversion section.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god new gem store stuff

Just for you.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hmmm D/D ele might be fun again

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Going by the numbers on the wiki and patch notes, with some amateur math skills, it looks like Druids will need 300-500 healing power to meet pre-patch levels if you were running 0 before. If you were above 1200 healing power the patch just buffed your healing, besides staff 3 which took a plain nerf and the new 15s CA cooldown in PvP and WvW.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So they noticed engineers suck, but only really buffed bombs and pistol/shield and not rifle. Most of this patch was only looking at meta builds. They didn't really bother to do anything about the underwhelming options that classes have, which means in some cases classes just got heavily poo poo on. Except for warriors, they always get buffed.

The base ranger got some nice improvements. Shortbow has been dramatically improved, now bleeding foes from the front. The whole backstab thing it had before is now just added effects to certain skills. And maul got a sweet buff. But yeah, druid nerf is kinda big, but it's healing only. So I guess I can still do a non-healing druid to buff people? If not then I'll stick to dps ranger, which due to the shortbow buffs is now stronger.

As for the mesmer quickness rotation... Well rev's boon duration nerf was only to 33%, but uh that signet of inspiration change...

Edit:

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Going by the numbers on the wiki and patch notes, with some amateur math skills, it looks like Druids will need 300-500 healing power to meet pre-patch levels if you were running 0 before. If you were above 1200 healing power the patch just buffed your healing, besides staff 3 which took a plain nerf and the new 15s CA cooldown in PvP and WvW.

That's doable. I have some ascended drops from raiding that I can use to replace some stuff for my power build. Like maybe zealots. Don't know what I can do for condi druid though, you kinda need the condition duration from vipers.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 18, 2016

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Fay posted a perma quickness rotation. Plus Chrono runes seem to be useless now.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/mesmer/Patch-is-slightly-better-then-I-expected

E: Oh, also double Members and no point in bringing a Rev for raiding if you want permanent quickness.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 18, 2016

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

The mesmer quicktime quickness rotation is the most tedious and slot-wasting thing I've ever tried and I'm glad I'm not obligated to do it now.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Did they fix Mastery XP in the labyrinth this year?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

Did they fix Mastery XP in the labyrinth this year?

Judging by the twenty or so Lab run groups I saw in LFG, probably!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

Just for you.

Oooo thank you, that's a cool skin!!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Aw yeah, minor buffs to power necro.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
These are my housemate's cats, taken by my lovely phone camera.

Gypsy the tortie. Neither of us cared for the name, but she was a rescue and at least a couple of years old, so we decided it'd be better not to confuse her. She's sweet, but skittish.

Izzy, who is apparently white with white spots. I swear he's got some Maine Coon in him, because he's goddamn huge. Also an enormous suck. Camps by the front door whenever my housemate goes out.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Aight, so who's OP now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

Aight, so who's OP now?

Me!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
It's true, Arus has become too strong thanks to ANet. SFD can no longer contain him.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Cat chilling on the couch she ruint, showing her weapons of war.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
New gargoyle skin weapons are poo poo garbage for terrible idiots.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
The scepter is pretty alright I think

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Post the longbow pls

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

It's true, Arus has become too strong thanks to ANet. SFD can no longer contain him.

You're far too late to realize that Arus can't contain himself into anything.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Post the longbow pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

malhavok posted:

Aight, so who's OP now?

Meta is likely to be 5-5 mirror comp, ie two groups of Druid/Warrior/Chrono/2x DPS, as the Signet of Inspiration change makes it impossible for one Chrono to cover a whole raid for Quickness. High alacrity uptime from 2x Chrono means that Ele is very likely to be king DPS again, though Scepter/Torch Guard will probably be okay on large hitboxes and Thief will be decent (I think) for small hitboxes, but both of them worse than Ele. Also, Rev is completely and utterly dead and Necro is looking pretty sickly. Engineer is engineer and is probably good if you can handle tracking 39 different timers at once without being able to see them most of the time.

Running down the list then:

Rev - :rip:
Warr - Still king of Might, long may they reign
Guard - Not sure, probably worse than Ele but passable with good play
Thief - Same as Guard
Ranger - Druid gonna Druid, Condi Ranger also looking strong. Offhealer Druid specs hurt by nerfs to healing base values.
Engineer - Still witchcraft, no idea
Ele - Welcome back to Ele meta it's like we never left.
Necro - Probably worth bringing for fights where Epidemic is particularly useful or where Condi damage is needed, not outside of that
Mesmer - Even more in meta than ever, and now with even more irritating gear requirements!

One of the biggest trouble for raids is that Chrono is much much worse DPS than Rev, exacerbated by the fact that you can't run Berserker Chrono anymore, which means all DPS players will need to push more damage to make DPS checks. If your group was just barely scraping by DPS checks or relied heavily on Necros (ie like mine) then you're probably in for an ugly couple weeks.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread