Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
What if we've been punk'd and gamefreak new they couldnt stop dataminers, so they faked incompitence and threw in some jokes like Persian, Golem and 12 nonevolving pokemon.

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I hope Yeti/Snowcrab is Ice/Fighting!!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oh no! Not non-evolving Pokemon!!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

mabels big day posted:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Space T Rex posted:

What if we've been punk'd and gamefreak new they couldnt stop dataminers, so they faked incompitence and threw in some jokes like Persian, Golem and 12 nonevolving pokemon.

:pray:

isn't it 16 if you count the Tapu Koko friends

20 if you count the oricorios

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

mabels big day posted:

This but unsarcastically.

One-stage guys are boring

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is Bubble Crab/Spider based on anything? Aren't there underwater spiders that make little bubbles for themselves? I really like it's little gillman diver pre-evo :3:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Xander B Coolridge posted:

This but unsarcastically.

One-stage guys are boring

you're boring!!!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

My best friend is Klefki and he's a cool exciting guy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Is Bubble Crab/Spider based on anything? Aren't there underwater spiders that make little bubbles for themselves? I really like it's little gillman diver pre-evo :3:

yeah there's a whole bunch of spiders and beetles and stuff like that that live underwater breathing on air they capture, it's really cool

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

What is this from??

e: oh some coliseum game I bet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a trainer capturing a spider, who is capturing air underwater.... you can't make this stuff up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like single stage mons in theory but they tend to be mediocre or bad with a few exceptions like Heracross

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the top looks like battle revolution, the last stadium and up to gen 4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah there's a whole bunch of spiders and beetles and stuff like that that live underwater breathing on air they capture, it's really cool

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I hope Corsola has received some kinda buff.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

He is rad and has captured my heart.

Bubble spider/Vikavolt/Robinroot/Mimikyu are 4 of the best ever designs

If Tyrunt and Scolipede were available this would be the hands down best gen ever.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Its amazing how wres-friendly this gen is. We have Ric Flair Dugtrio, Nyandre the Giant, and now THE YET-TAY crab.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
God there's so many Pokemon I want to use. More than ever before. I might need a second version. :psyduck:

Rowlet 3
Popplio 3
Komala
Drampa
Comfey
Oranguru
Kommo-o
Crabrawler 2
Morelull 2
Metroid Bug
Starfish Urchin Muppet
Ship Wheel Anchor

And I'm even restricting myself from using Alolan forms and past Pokemon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I like single stage mons in theory but they tend to be mediocre or bad with a few exceptions like Heracross

At the very least, the majority of them are really cool.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I am already so excited for this goddamn game and the demo is just making me more excited I cannot wait to meet all my new friends :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dedenne, hawlucha, heracross. the list goes on. here's to, the single stagers

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Bee posted:

Its amazing how wres-friendly this gen is. We have Ric Flair Dugtrio, Nyandre the Giant, and now THE YET-TAY crab.

I mean I'd say name the Dugtrio The Fabulous Freebirds but that would mean having to acknowledge Michael Hayes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I mean I'd say name the Dugtrio The Fabulous Freebirds but that would mean having to acknowledge Michael Hayes.

Badstreet, Kanto.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

:cheers:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

If Dedenne learned a special fairy move he might make this list.

I am very firm on this point. :colbert:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I guess the leaks also confirm that Jangmo-o is the pseudolegendary - unless it's Bounsweet, which would be excellent.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want to join Team Skull and get some dope dope gear

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bleck posted:

I guess the leaks also confirm that Jangmo-o is the pseudolegendary - unless it's Bounsweet, which would be excellent.

Pikipek line for pseudo, lesgo!

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Any way that Gamefreak was dumb enough to leave clothing coded into the demo? No way does Nintendo drop the ball on inside-joke clothing choices like Zelda or Mario shirts this time, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Short of having a current Gen console or handheld in your room, there usually aren't a lot of Nintendo references in Pokemon are there?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

ditto, farfetch'd, emolga, aerodactyl, mawile. so many good friends, and more

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

does shedinja count as a single stage pokemon,

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Only thing I'm kinda bummed about is Komala not getting an evolution. :( I hope its stats are decent at least.

Also, Alola Persian and Golem fricking rule and I refuse to hear slander about them. :colbert:

At the very least, even if it's another small gen, pretty much all the designs are rock solid and I wanna use most of these dudes.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Short of having a current Gen console or handheld in your room, there usually aren't a lot of Nintendo references in Pokemon are there?

not really, no. It's surprising they don't see what a huge opportunity clothing and pokeballs and all of that stuff could be as an E-Shop and/or DLC or something. Imagine being able to buy Pokemon skins or color variations or something, it would be awesome

(Come to think, I'm surprised they haven't instituted some form of minor variations in the breeding system. Color/region/cosmetic differences in Pokes as a result of breeding would be cool as poo poo)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I sincerely don't understand what they're going for with Alola Golem.

Young Heihachi

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

does shedinja count as a single stage pokemon,

No

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the grid being banished is really throwing me off

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

sharrrk posted:

ditto, farfetch'd, emolga, aerodactyl, mawile. so many good friends, and more

My best friend, Sableye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Litten - Prince Puma
Grubbin - GrenHunterAV
Salandit - Lupin T Turd
Mimikyu - Pikaboo
Marowak - Robbie Reyes
Raichu - GoldenSurfer
Oranguru - Mayarambe
Jangmo-o - Dhurke
Crabrawler - Yetippo
Palossand - Gray Skull
Lycanroc - Teen Weremon